lazycis
02-12 04:21 PM
My company is downsizing for sometime now...and I can be next.
In that case can I move to EAD in the given situation ( as above) ?
Of course you can move on EAD provided EAD is current.
In that case can I move to EAD in the given situation ( as above) ?
Of course you can move on EAD provided EAD is current.

sk76012w
07-04 10:23 AM
Rayyan,
Here is my experience. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate on 06/23/08 (H1 approval notice - 2006). Got my passport back in 2 days. No PIMS delay as my info was already in their system. My daughter (H4 approval notice - 2006 and principal applicant is my husband) attended the interview on the same day. However, her info was not available in PIMS. They kept the passport and said it will be sent within a week. I sent an email (to ChennaiNIV@state.gov) on 07/02. They sent a reply asking me to contact them again in 3 days. By God's grace, she received her stamped passport on 07/04.
Now, answers to your questions:
Chennai appointments slots are normally open 3-4 weeks in advance. Make an appointment accordingly.
I think the info is added to PIMS on a routine basis. Making an appointment does not seem to have any effect. If, on the day of your interview, your info is there in PIMS, it is there. Otherwise, you will have to wait till the time they add it.
I normally go to Chennai as that is my regional consulate.
I am not aware of any specific way to make them add your info to PIMS (if it is already not there) before you actually attend the interview.
We have always followed one very successful strategy in all our visa dealings with US consulate namely, PRAY TO GOD.
All the very best for your interview.
Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert on visa stamping procedures or on any of the issues discussed above. These are all my opinions/assumptions only purely based on my experience.
Here is my experience. I attended interview at Chennai Consulate on 06/23/08 (H1 approval notice - 2006). Got my passport back in 2 days. No PIMS delay as my info was already in their system. My daughter (H4 approval notice - 2006 and principal applicant is my husband) attended the interview on the same day. However, her info was not available in PIMS. They kept the passport and said it will be sent within a week. I sent an email (to ChennaiNIV@state.gov) on 07/02. They sent a reply asking me to contact them again in 3 days. By God's grace, she received her stamped passport on 07/04.
Now, answers to your questions:
Chennai appointments slots are normally open 3-4 weeks in advance. Make an appointment accordingly.
I think the info is added to PIMS on a routine basis. Making an appointment does not seem to have any effect. If, on the day of your interview, your info is there in PIMS, it is there. Otherwise, you will have to wait till the time they add it.
I normally go to Chennai as that is my regional consulate.
I am not aware of any specific way to make them add your info to PIMS (if it is already not there) before you actually attend the interview.
We have always followed one very successful strategy in all our visa dealings with US consulate namely, PRAY TO GOD.
All the very best for your interview.
Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert on visa stamping procedures or on any of the issues discussed above. These are all my opinions/assumptions only purely based on my experience.

chanduv23
09-03 10:13 PM
My Fall classes are starting on Sep 8th, after that I am planning to meet International Student Association people. If the event is planned on eve then I will be able to attend
Let me know
Thanks for letting us know. It will most probably be an after lunch event stretching through evening, so I guess you can make it
Let me know
Thanks for letting us know. It will most probably be an after lunch event stretching through evening, so I guess you can make it
shana04
01-26 12:26 PM
I am in the same boat and need to get my address updated. So what I understand from above posts is that there is no need to do paper based AR11 and can just do it online for I-485, EAD as well as AP, right?? Once done, just keep printouts for records , thats it???
Can someone please confirm.
one thing to notice is that you get soft lud's with in one week
Can someone please confirm.
one thing to notice is that you get soft lud's with in one week
more...
texcan
08-25 10:06 PM
Thanks, crystal. But what would happen if I wait now and just say, hypothetically, my I-140 is denied?
I will apply for extension based on your labor certificate for one year, if your i140 is denied your extension is still valid and you can refile i140.
To me applying for extention is covering your risk...better safe then sorry especially due to some body elses fault.
What if you donot apply and you donot get EAD by Jan 08, you can still stay legally but wont be able to work without EAD.
I will apply for extension based on your labor certificate for one year, if your i140 is denied your extension is still valid and you can refile i140.
To me applying for extention is covering your risk...better safe then sorry especially due to some body elses fault.
What if you donot apply and you donot get EAD by Jan 08, you can still stay legally but wont be able to work without EAD.
java4yogi
09-03 03:17 PM
Hello Friends,
Could somebody pls. help and respond to this query.
In case of approved Change of Status from H4-H1B , when can the H1B holder apply for a SSN. Do we need to wait till Oct. 1 to apply for the SSN or can we apply earlier.
I heard that it can take anytime between 2-8 weeks and the H1B holder is not supposed to start working till they receive the SSN.
Thanks a lot for your help, its greatly appreciated.
Could somebody pls. help and respond to this query.
In case of approved Change of Status from H4-H1B , when can the H1B holder apply for a SSN. Do we need to wait till Oct. 1 to apply for the SSN or can we apply earlier.
I heard that it can take anytime between 2-8 weeks and the H1B holder is not supposed to start working till they receive the SSN.
Thanks a lot for your help, its greatly appreciated.
more...
snathan
05-17 04:48 PM
Hi,
I mom is from Nepal and Dad from India. Marriages between India and nepal is very common in my place, as we are border state. even my brother is married to nepali citizen and we have all my maternal family in Nepal.
I was born in Nepal, but my parents never thought that getting nepali passport would matter, as we were in India. On passport and other documents my I put India as my birth place and no one ever asked for proof of birth place in India back then.
Now for GC, i would need proof of birth( which i have, but from nepal) and that doesnt match my passport.
Would it be advisable to correct my place of birth in Indian passport and all the records now? Can I have "nepal" as my place of birth in indian passport? Will be be still considered Indian citizen?
How does all this affect my GC process? Any unseen dangers/after affects/side effects. please give your suggestions.
You can have place of birth as Nepal and you would come under Nepal for GC Chargeability. So you dont have to wait the long Indian line.
I mom is from Nepal and Dad from India. Marriages between India and nepal is very common in my place, as we are border state. even my brother is married to nepali citizen and we have all my maternal family in Nepal.
I was born in Nepal, but my parents never thought that getting nepali passport would matter, as we were in India. On passport and other documents my I put India as my birth place and no one ever asked for proof of birth place in India back then.
Now for GC, i would need proof of birth( which i have, but from nepal) and that doesnt match my passport.
Would it be advisable to correct my place of birth in Indian passport and all the records now? Can I have "nepal" as my place of birth in indian passport? Will be be still considered Indian citizen?
How does all this affect my GC process? Any unseen dangers/after affects/side effects. please give your suggestions.
You can have place of birth as Nepal and you would come under Nepal for GC Chargeability. So you dont have to wait the long Indian line.

mdmd10
08-29 08:37 AM
yes...good idea! If those ignorant buffoons from NumbersUSA can spread false propaganda...why not spread the light.
The truth will set everyone free.
The truth will set everyone free.
more...
anilsal
01-20 01:59 PM
everyone is excited about the new look. But not fun to see so many threads on the same. Maybe we can use one thread. :)
It is a free country. You can do as you wish. ;)
It is a free country. You can do as you wish. ;)

looivy
05-20 06:13 PM
President Obama recently mentioned plans for holding a White House meeting to discuss proceeding with immigration reform legislation. And now he is keeping that promise by setting June 8th, just three weeks from now, to hold the meeting. According to Politico: "The meeting will be an opportunity to launch a policy conversation that we hope will be able to start a debate that will take place in Congress later in the year," the official, who asked not to be named, said. Asked if the session would be billed as a summit or a forum, like similar meetings on health care...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/05/obama-sets-date-for-immigration-reform-white-house-conversation.html)
IV should have members of congress on our side appeal on our behalf.
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/05/obama-sets-date-for-immigration-reform-white-house-conversation.html)
IV should have members of congress on our side appeal on our behalf.
more...
AllVNeedGcPc
06-22 11:56 AM
I had a somewhat similar issue where my parent's I-94s had wrong names on them (Both had same names printed on them). My colleague at work told me that he got name spelling fixed for her mom by going back to the same airport. First I did not believe him, but when I tried it worked. By the way in my case I went back after 2 weeks and POE was IAD.
It looks like you can get minor errors on your I-94 fixed at the POE itself.
All the best.
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009, although the stamp on the passport was valid only till Feb 2008
Thanks
It looks like you can get minor errors on your I-94 fixed at the POE itself.
All the best.
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009, although the stamp on the passport was valid only till Feb 2008
Thanks

same_old_guy
07-22 03:07 PM
There was a memo from USCIS for in-time receipt compliance for I-485 ( along with other forms) for 8/1 supposedly for June filers.
As I understand it, not all June filers got receipt yet. So obviously USCIS can start looking at July filers only after 8/1 or later.
Another recent memo says on in-time receipt compliance for I-485 to be 10/24. I am guessing it was meant for July/Aug filers.
So between 8/1 and 10/24, we are suposed receive the receipts from USCIS. To me, earliest we should talk about cashing the checks sometime is first week of Aug.
Does it make any sense ?
As I understand it, not all June filers got receipt yet. So obviously USCIS can start looking at July filers only after 8/1 or later.
Another recent memo says on in-time receipt compliance for I-485 to be 10/24. I am guessing it was meant for July/Aug filers.
So between 8/1 and 10/24, we are suposed receive the receipts from USCIS. To me, earliest we should talk about cashing the checks sometime is first week of Aug.
Does it make any sense ?
more...
GT7481
07-10 10:40 AM
Yes India, I totally second it. India as of now is a booming economy and will be in the future, we all are professionals educated if other economies can benefit why can�t our own benefit from what we have. People all talk about corruption, corrupted politicians, red tape etc, why don�t we take a step towards pushing it down, like once my friend said about putting a website that will expose all of them even a clerk who is corrupted can be captured on a mobile phone and posted on the site.. Just a thought and well being an immigrant means for some time in life you cant even vote(Voting is an important thing in democracy).I believe India will keep growing in the years to come and will be good option .I personally believe being a part of developing some thing even a country is great thing rather than sit on top of something that�s already developed by some one�Just a thought.;)
saxx
01-19 08:33 PM
I get a security warning.
more...
sGC
08-08 04:50 PM
Hi
Recently we went for interview and they requested a PCC for my wife since her finger prints were non classiable. So i have contacted my local city police and they have requested to contact the nj state police. The nj state police has requested a fill out a form with all the details anf they took the finger prints. my question is since the finger prints taken were non classifiable earlier how are these FP's taken by the state police going to help them. do i have to do anything else? has any one been in the same situation?
thanks
Recently we went for interview and they requested a PCC for my wife since her finger prints were non classiable. So i have contacted my local city police and they have requested to contact the nj state police. The nj state police has requested a fill out a form with all the details anf they took the finger prints. my question is since the finger prints taken were non classifiable earlier how are these FP's taken by the state police going to help them. do i have to do anything else? has any one been in the same situation?
thanks
bbct
04-16 11:21 AM
That really sucks.
They (USCIS) take ages to work on our case and when they request something they don't give enough time to respond and even ignore genuine hardship.
I pray sincerely things work out for you. Good luck!
bbct & vin13,
Thank you both for your replies! We are trying to figure out what to do.
She is travelling with our twins and my father. Seems like there is no way other than for her to do a flying visit or to prepone the trip for everybody.
Thanks,
GCisaDawg
They (USCIS) take ages to work on our case and when they request something they don't give enough time to respond and even ignore genuine hardship.
I pray sincerely things work out for you. Good luck!
bbct & vin13,
Thank you both for your replies! We are trying to figure out what to do.
She is travelling with our twins and my father. Seems like there is no way other than for her to do a flying visit or to prepone the trip for everybody.
Thanks,
GCisaDawg
more...
apahilaj
09-12 03:28 PM
Does anyone know what time it may take for FP notices to arrive for guys whose cases were Xfered to CSC?
BTW, does that make any difference if the 485 case has been transferred from another center to TSC? majority of guys who've got the FP notice are straight filters at TSC.
BTW, does that make any difference if the 485 case has been transferred from another center to TSC? majority of guys who've got the FP notice are straight filters at TSC.

gondalguru
09-29 11:58 AM
Its kinda confusing and really not that big or sensational.
Nothing sensational here. But it does affect me and all the physicians who have pending NIW based I-485.
I have finished 5 years of NIW service for physician and waiting for visa number (PD 9-2004). I have a conrad 30 related I-140 (approved) / I-485 (pending).
Nothing sensational here. But it does affect me and all the physicians who have pending NIW based I-485.
I have finished 5 years of NIW service for physician and waiting for visa number (PD 9-2004). I have a conrad 30 related I-140 (approved) / I-485 (pending).
randlesl
November 17th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Hello,
I am a new commer with no photography experience. I bought the D70 body with the sigma 28-80mm/3.5-5.6 and the 70-300mm/4-5.6 lens. when taking pics with the 28-80mm lens the pics seem to be alittle blurry and dark, and with the 70-300mm comes out alot clearer and slightly brighter. I am mostly taking pics of people in action, in the house (pics of kids while playing) where the lighting is alittle dim, but not dark. I am wondering if I need to get a new lenes with a better fstop or what to help my pics out??? I must include that I am not trying to use the flash because of the harsh lighting effect that it has. can anyone recommend what I should do to clear up my pics?
I am a new commer with no photography experience. I bought the D70 body with the sigma 28-80mm/3.5-5.6 and the 70-300mm/4-5.6 lens. when taking pics with the 28-80mm lens the pics seem to be alittle blurry and dark, and with the 70-300mm comes out alot clearer and slightly brighter. I am mostly taking pics of people in action, in the house (pics of kids while playing) where the lighting is alittle dim, but not dark. I am wondering if I need to get a new lenes with a better fstop or what to help my pics out??? I must include that I am not trying to use the flash because of the harsh lighting effect that it has. can anyone recommend what I should do to clear up my pics?
cdeneo
04-03 02:48 PM
Anyone who applied and got a canadian tourist visa based on AP please share their experience ... Thanks!
indyanguy
08-23 10:15 PM
I did a concurrent submission of I140 and I485 on July 2nd. As and when the 140 PP comes back, can I get PP done even though I have already sent my application?


No comments:
Post a Comment