vnsriv
10-08 04:01 PM
so here is exact question , what about if i get GC approval before my PD gets current?
You mis-understood the concept of PD then. Your I-485(GC) won't be approved until your PD is current.
You mis-understood the concept of PD then. Your I-485(GC) won't be approved until your PD is current.
ddanait
02-07 02:48 PM
Hi
I clicked on the link provided but unfortunately I was not able to watch the video, can you please share what was concluded at the end of the session, any measures that they plan to take?
Thx
I clicked on the link provided but unfortunately I was not able to watch the video, can you please share what was concluded at the end of the session, any measures that they plan to take?
Thx

billbuff123
07-29 11:43 AM
As long as your marriage date is prior to your 485 approval date and the dates are current(means your priority date) you can apply for spouse 485.
I am also in the same boat and I am waiting my priority date to be current.
I got my 485 approved
Thanks,
Bill
I am also in the same boat and I am waiting my priority date to be current.
I got my 485 approved
Thanks,
Bill
indigokiwi
04-17 12:50 PM
^^^^^^^
more...
nozerd
01-24 11:31 AM
Personally I feel the most disgusting of all the provisions is country quota. Why the hec should 2 employees in excat same situation be discriminated because of country of birth ?
I can believe its even legal. They should get rid of it.
I can believe its even legal. They should get rid of it.
manand24
09-28 08:02 AM
EAD - Card production ordered for me and my wife on 09/27/2007.
See signature for details:
PD 04/2006 EB2 INDIA
I-140 NSC AP 10/2006
SELF:
I-485 NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-131 (Travel Document) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-765 (EAD) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007; Card production ordered on 09/27/2007
BioMetrics Appointment - ND - 09/18/07, Appointment Date 10/05/07 9:00AM
WIFE
I-485 NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-131 (Travel Document) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/18/2007 via USPS Mail at Lawyer's office
I-765 (EAD) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007; Card production ordered on 09/27/2007
BioMetrics Appointment - ND - 09/18/07, Appointment Date 10/05/07 8:00AM
See signature for details:
PD 04/2006 EB2 INDIA
I-140 NSC AP 10/2006
SELF:
I-485 NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-131 (Travel Document) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-765 (EAD) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007; Card production ordered on 09/27/2007
BioMetrics Appointment - ND - 09/18/07, Appointment Date 10/05/07 9:00AM
WIFE
I-485 NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/17/2007 via USPS Mail at home
I-131 (Travel Document) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007 - Receipt Notice recieved from NSC (LIN-XXX) on 09/18/2007 via USPS Mail at Lawyer's office
I-765 (EAD) NSC RD 07/02/07 ND 09/10/2007; Card production ordered on 09/27/2007
BioMetrics Appointment - ND - 09/18/07, Appointment Date 10/05/07 8:00AM
more...
suresh.emails
09-14 10:49 AM
The following are answers to your questions. Even I got stamping in Singapore. I use to work in Singapore. I came to USA couple years ago.
1 We both are planning to go for visa interview on the same day. So, who should go first so that it would not interfere others interview? Or does it really make any difference?
There is NO order; who should go first.
Even I was married when I appeared for the interview. I did not take my wife along with me to the interview. Usually, Interview officer does not ask you about where is your spouse?. It is up to you to take spouse for dependent status visa. Visa officer always thinks that spouse will get H4 visa processed once after actual H1-B visa is stamped.
Usually, most of us will go for H1-B visa stamping first and later we send our respective spouses for stamping on dependent status.
2 Will visa officer ask any of us that since you are married why you haven't bring your spouse together? Can we say that the other also has h1b interview on the same day?
The only evidence they can ask you is about your marriage certificate and your marriage photos. Even this is for when dependent goes to get H4 visa stamping . But definitely not for actual H1-B visa stamping.
As per as I know (remember), they are not suppose to ask you beyond that. I mean, there is a limit to ask on the questions. Otherwise, No deep personal questions.
3 I am not sure whether my wife would face any questions regarding that she is married and does she have any spouse issues or what if mine H1b is not going to approved? would she still be interested to pursue her h1b or like that?
In your cases; you will be by default be dependent to each other (as you will be mention your spouse information in DS-156 form).
If one of your H1-B is approved; then other will be automatically dependent (in case H1-B is not approved for other).
US embassy in Singapore interview is kind of cool on just like an interview in Mexico. Cool .. Answer to the question asked; All it takes to decide is 2 minutes in the interview process.
4 My h1b was denied last year because of company project document issue with same Singapore embassy. So I am not sure does it going to make any impact this time or not? Any help appreciated.
You have to mention that in your DS-156 form (for any previous visa refusals). It is up to the visa officer to ask you questions on that.
I believe it is US Consulate in Singapore (but not Singapore Embassy)
Try to be genuine on providing information.
It took about 15 minutes; from the time I entered into US Consulate , to finish the whole interview process and go come out.
You donot have to provide information about your spouse that she/he is appearing for interview on the same day unless otherwise is asked by the visa officer.
Answer to the questions asked; don't be over smart and start answering questions.
I wish you best of luck for your H1-B stamping.
1 We both are planning to go for visa interview on the same day. So, who should go first so that it would not interfere others interview? Or does it really make any difference?
There is NO order; who should go first.
Even I was married when I appeared for the interview. I did not take my wife along with me to the interview. Usually, Interview officer does not ask you about where is your spouse?. It is up to you to take spouse for dependent status visa. Visa officer always thinks that spouse will get H4 visa processed once after actual H1-B visa is stamped.
Usually, most of us will go for H1-B visa stamping first and later we send our respective spouses for stamping on dependent status.
2 Will visa officer ask any of us that since you are married why you haven't bring your spouse together? Can we say that the other also has h1b interview on the same day?
The only evidence they can ask you is about your marriage certificate and your marriage photos. Even this is for when dependent goes to get H4 visa stamping . But definitely not for actual H1-B visa stamping.
As per as I know (remember), they are not suppose to ask you beyond that. I mean, there is a limit to ask on the questions. Otherwise, No deep personal questions.
3 I am not sure whether my wife would face any questions regarding that she is married and does she have any spouse issues or what if mine H1b is not going to approved? would she still be interested to pursue her h1b or like that?
In your cases; you will be by default be dependent to each other (as you will be mention your spouse information in DS-156 form).
If one of your H1-B is approved; then other will be automatically dependent (in case H1-B is not approved for other).
US embassy in Singapore interview is kind of cool on just like an interview in Mexico. Cool .. Answer to the question asked; All it takes to decide is 2 minutes in the interview process.
4 My h1b was denied last year because of company project document issue with same Singapore embassy. So I am not sure does it going to make any impact this time or not? Any help appreciated.
You have to mention that in your DS-156 form (for any previous visa refusals). It is up to the visa officer to ask you questions on that.
I believe it is US Consulate in Singapore (but not Singapore Embassy)
Try to be genuine on providing information.
It took about 15 minutes; from the time I entered into US Consulate , to finish the whole interview process and go come out.
You donot have to provide information about your spouse that she/he is appearing for interview on the same day unless otherwise is asked by the visa officer.
Answer to the questions asked; don't be over smart and start answering questions.
I wish you best of luck for your H1-B stamping.
forgerator
09-05 01:08 AM
I hope EB3 ROW date moves to Nov 2008, this way I can file for my I485 :D
more...
popoye
01-15 01:40 AM
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2117058646892668334: Charlie Rose's Panel
small2006
07-21 10:21 AM
FYI:
I don't know if this is old news but thought of sharing it anyway.
I was in the same boat as many others here i.e, no FP notice even 1yr after filing for 485. With my PD becoming current in Aug 2008, I called my attorney to see if he can do anything to help me out. He told me that due to several complaints from people like us and a law suit threat (or an actual lawsuit, not sure) from AILA, the Texas center has sent has set up an exclusive fax line for such requests. This system came into existence only about 2-3 weeks ago.
He sent a fax on my behalf to that number last Tuesday 7/15/08. My wife and I both received FP notices on Sat 7/19/08! So looks like for a change, something that’s set up for our own good is actually working. Frankly, I hadn’t pinned any hopes on the fax having a positive impact but I was pleasantly surprised. Our appointments are for next week.
Hope this little tip will help others in the same boat if their attorneys are either not aware and/or haven’t told their clients about it.
The fax number is not made available to the general public. Only attorneys have access to it.
BTW: As a result of all this, I haven't seen any LUD changes (soft or hard) on my case status online....I thought that was strange.
I don't know if this is old news but thought of sharing it anyway.
I was in the same boat as many others here i.e, no FP notice even 1yr after filing for 485. With my PD becoming current in Aug 2008, I called my attorney to see if he can do anything to help me out. He told me that due to several complaints from people like us and a law suit threat (or an actual lawsuit, not sure) from AILA, the Texas center has sent has set up an exclusive fax line for such requests. This system came into existence only about 2-3 weeks ago.
He sent a fax on my behalf to that number last Tuesday 7/15/08. My wife and I both received FP notices on Sat 7/19/08! So looks like for a change, something that’s set up for our own good is actually working. Frankly, I hadn’t pinned any hopes on the fax having a positive impact but I was pleasantly surprised. Our appointments are for next week.
Hope this little tip will help others in the same boat if their attorneys are either not aware and/or haven’t told their clients about it.
The fax number is not made available to the general public. Only attorneys have access to it.
BTW: As a result of all this, I haven't seen any LUD changes (soft or hard) on my case status online....I thought that was strange.
more...
swamy
12-24 10:46 AM
Hi
Will the email i sent have any advantage to him?
Please help
Thanks
MRD
Nope - it does not legally bind you though it hurts your credibility.
Will the email i sent have any advantage to him?
Please help
Thanks
MRD
Nope - it does not legally bind you though it hurts your credibility.
kondur_007
05-12 08:14 PM
CIS have been targeting reducing processing times for applications including I-485 (for I-485 they want it to be <180 days). Which they are doing, based on their definition of pending (non retrogressed approvable application). They can easily achieve this, give retrogressed countries/categories bare minimum and they process all other applications as quickly as possible. Which explains all of the following..
EB3 made unavailable (they have used all the visa numbers)
EB2-India move way back (they have used all the visa numbers)
EB1 and EB2 quick approvals (for all current categories) average down to 200 days
There were around 3000 visas for EB2-1 and EB3-I , considering 1.2 dependent this means GC for no more than 1400 families in each category. The math is simple getting that many applications processed in first 6-8 months was not difficult.
To add to the woes we have following, which add to the problem, but are not the primary problem.
Labor substitution
EB3-EB2 jumps
Very old name-check cases
Primary problem is 7% country cap, they way things are if CIS gets enough cases in EB1 and EB2 (none retrogressed categories), then they will be reluctant to issue GC to EB2-I and EB3-I above the minimum (7% quota), since that do not count in their definition of pending cases.
Right on point. To your list, you can add EB1-C cases.
At this time there is no way to predict the actual numbers of these...only next three visa bulletins will tell us the actual impact.
My guess (it is only a GUESS...can't be a prediction as there are no numbers to crunch...) is EB2 I will move forward to at least 2005 or 2006 (may be more) till the end of this fiscal year.
In any case, EB3 I is going to be very tough to be in...unless CIR has something nicer to offer to those waiting in that category...
EB3 made unavailable (they have used all the visa numbers)
EB2-India move way back (they have used all the visa numbers)
EB1 and EB2 quick approvals (for all current categories) average down to 200 days
There were around 3000 visas for EB2-1 and EB3-I , considering 1.2 dependent this means GC for no more than 1400 families in each category. The math is simple getting that many applications processed in first 6-8 months was not difficult.
To add to the woes we have following, which add to the problem, but are not the primary problem.
Labor substitution
EB3-EB2 jumps
Very old name-check cases
Primary problem is 7% country cap, they way things are if CIS gets enough cases in EB1 and EB2 (none retrogressed categories), then they will be reluctant to issue GC to EB2-I and EB3-I above the minimum (7% quota), since that do not count in their definition of pending cases.
Right on point. To your list, you can add EB1-C cases.
At this time there is no way to predict the actual numbers of these...only next three visa bulletins will tell us the actual impact.
My guess (it is only a GUESS...can't be a prediction as there are no numbers to crunch...) is EB2 I will move forward to at least 2005 or 2006 (may be more) till the end of this fiscal year.
In any case, EB3 I is going to be very tough to be in...unless CIR has something nicer to offer to those waiting in that category...
more...
champu
03-12 09:46 PM
Thank you all. I hope this year all of you would also sail through this tough journey.

sriswam
06-29 11:00 AM
Just found out from USCIS customer servicer rep that the documents should be *POSTMARKED* before july 2nd. So we can still paper-file the I-907 to upgrade I-140 to premium processing as long as we mail in the paperwork before Monday.
Cheers!
-Sriswam
Cheers!
-Sriswam
more...
jaggu bhai
08-10 08:42 AM
Friends
This is my situation
My I 140 approved, my status is F1 COS to H1 B
My wife situation, B1 (Visitor) COS to H4.
Now we r planning to change my wife status from H4 TO F1.
Can anyone with their experience suggest How complicated is my Case!!!!
Can we file COS by ourself or do you suggest to Hire an Attorney.
Pl advice
Thanks
This is my situation
My I 140 approved, my status is F1 COS to H1 B
My wife situation, B1 (Visitor) COS to H4.
Now we r planning to change my wife status from H4 TO F1.
Can anyone with their experience suggest How complicated is my Case!!!!
Can we file COS by ourself or do you suggest to Hire an Attorney.
Pl advice
Thanks

sertasheep
09-23 07:48 PM
Pappu,
Great! Thank you for the efforts. A wiki is going to be useful!!!
Great! Thank you for the efforts. A wiki is going to be useful!!!
more...
gv007
06-19 06:28 PM
Im still stuck neck deep in the PBEC quagmire.
for PBEC - What numbers are you guys calling ?
GA RIR
PD - Oct 2003
NOF - received March,
NOF - PBEC received April 2
still IN PROCESS
My HR called DBEC to get the final status of LC. They replied that "notice of forward" had been issued and since there is no query from that position. They have asked my Hr to call in 15 days to hear the final status.
Have you guys heard anything like "notice of forward"( it was something like this)...
These LC people in dallas are killing me..!
DB
for PBEC - What numbers are you guys calling ?
GA RIR
PD - Oct 2003
NOF - received March,
NOF - PBEC received April 2
still IN PROCESS
My HR called DBEC to get the final status of LC. They replied that "notice of forward" had been issued and since there is no query from that position. They have asked my Hr to call in 15 days to hear the final status.
Have you guys heard anything like "notice of forward"( it was something like this)...
These LC people in dallas are killing me..!
DB

komaragiri
07-28 12:18 PM
My prediction for this year..
EB1 = Current
EB2 = Jan 2003 (Because of BEC cases coming out, chance for them to file I-485 in October)
EB3 = U
EB1 = Current
EB2 = Jan 2003 (Because of BEC cases coming out, chance for them to file I-485 in October)
EB3 = U
viswanadh73
01-07 11:19 AM
can Employer with draw Approved I-140 if they want after 180 days of pending 485 if any body changes his/her job with out notifying USCIS(AC21).
thanks for your replies.
thanks for your replies.
ashkam
12-01 02:13 PM
the flights that I have booked fly via doha, qatar.
i have heard that even in the case of london, transit visa is not required if the passenger has a valid document to enter his/her destination. which means that an indian citizen must have an indian passport while going to india, and must have a valid visa for usa if going to usa. i have heard that many people unnecessarily obtain transit visa for britain where none is required. one can check british govt websites to confirm this.
You are correct about the visa part. If you have a stamped visa in your passport for the US, you don't need a British transit visa for a London stopover. However, if you have an AP, they (BA) won't allow you to board the plane without a transit visa. This is from personal experience. However, since you are flying through Doha, I am not sure if you need anything other than your AP.
i have heard that even in the case of london, transit visa is not required if the passenger has a valid document to enter his/her destination. which means that an indian citizen must have an indian passport while going to india, and must have a valid visa for usa if going to usa. i have heard that many people unnecessarily obtain transit visa for britain where none is required. one can check british govt websites to confirm this.
You are correct about the visa part. If you have a stamped visa in your passport for the US, you don't need a British transit visa for a London stopover. However, if you have an AP, they (BA) won't allow you to board the plane without a transit visa. This is from personal experience. However, since you are flying through Doha, I am not sure if you need anything other than your AP.
somegchuh
06-10 06:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone here who had a canadian PR (i.e. did a landing), got GC later has travelled again to Canada again?
We got canadian PR in 2005 and did a landing while we were waiting for our GC. We got a our GC last year and are planning to visit canada using our GC. Are there going to be any issue in entering canada?
Also, we travelled to India last year and received new I-94 when we got back into US using AP. Very soon (days) we received our GC's. I am not sure what do with these I-94's when we leave US. Do we still need to surrender these as in the past?
We got canadian PR in 2005 and did a landing while we were waiting for our GC. We got a our GC last year and are planning to visit canada using our GC. Are there going to be any issue in entering canada?
Also, we travelled to India last year and received new I-94 when we got back into US using AP. Very soon (days) we received our GC's. I am not sure what do with these I-94's when we leave US. Do we still need to surrender these as in the past?


No comments:
Post a Comment