kishdam
02-06 03:28 PM
Hi,
What is legally considered as "Permanent Residency approval date" - is it the approval of I485/getting greencard or is it the approval of I140. Sometimes the I140 referred to as an immigrant petition. As we know the process is once this immigrant petition (I14) is approved we apply for adjustment of status as a permanent resident thru II485 - so legally - can we consider that until I485 is not approved, our permanent residence applicaiton is pending?
This is to interpret a reimburse agreement I signed (bad thing to do - but I was naive then and signed a very vague repayment statement). But somewhat good thing is the agreement talks about staying for 2 years "after" the permanent residence is approved. If things get bad - I am hoping that this language might save me. Any thoughts?
- kd
What is legally considered as "Permanent Residency approval date" - is it the approval of I485/getting greencard or is it the approval of I140. Sometimes the I140 referred to as an immigrant petition. As we know the process is once this immigrant petition (I14) is approved we apply for adjustment of status as a permanent resident thru II485 - so legally - can we consider that until I485 is not approved, our permanent residence applicaiton is pending?
This is to interpret a reimburse agreement I signed (bad thing to do - but I was naive then and signed a very vague repayment statement). But somewhat good thing is the agreement talks about staying for 2 years "after" the permanent residence is approved. If things get bad - I am hoping that this language might save me. Any thoughts?
- kd
Desertfox
04-28 12:59 PM
Thanks Desertfox. Did you send any supporting documents. there were contradicting opinions on whether to send or not send any additional documentation after e-filing EAD. Please let us know what you sent or not sent?
You will have to send a copy of of your E-file receipt, pending I-485 receipt, two 2"x2" passport photograph, copy of your previous EAD, drivers license & non-immigrant visa page (even if its expired, it will serve as a federal issued photo ID) from your passport.
You must read the I-765 instruction document available for download. Also the E-file receipt will have a list of DOs and DONTs on it.
You will have to send a copy of of your E-file receipt, pending I-485 receipt, two 2"x2" passport photograph, copy of your previous EAD, drivers license & non-immigrant visa page (even if its expired, it will serve as a federal issued photo ID) from your passport.
You must read the I-765 instruction document available for download. Also the E-file receipt will have a list of DOs and DONTs on it.
ArunAntonio
10-17 01:37 PM
Do women have to fill in the DS 157?
It shows up as a required to fill form for my wife?
It shows up as a required to fill form for my wife?
binadh
07-09 02:24 PM
OK. Thanks for your advise. I guess I can not do much about this. I'll try to butter him up to get what he promised. We'll see. Thanks.
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.
more...
vin13
03-11 04:28 PM
The answer to that question would be "no". Would the IO be satisfied with the job description of the new job? Would he ask if I filed AC21? I don't want to sound paranoid, but it would be great if there was anyone on these forums that was in a similar situation and was asked that question...
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.

k_sing
09-20 12:17 PM
Responding to latest response:
"Member" does not mean an employee.
As a member I would have access to their proprietary software to do trades ( just like having an account with any other broker)
A member however has no voting rights etc. ( it's a private LLC/trust)
At the end of the year, instead of a 1099 tax form, the trust would provide a share of profits generated by "my stock trades" and it is instead done on K1 tax form, which is treated as income.
About the internet biz:
I would be the only one "owning" / running the biz.. as I own the domain ( it's not a LLC ).
Can I receive income checks in my name ?
thanks!
"Member" does not mean an employee.
As a member I would have access to their proprietary software to do trades ( just like having an account with any other broker)
A member however has no voting rights etc. ( it's a private LLC/trust)
At the end of the year, instead of a 1099 tax form, the trust would provide a share of profits generated by "my stock trades" and it is instead done on K1 tax form, which is treated as income.
About the internet biz:
I would be the only one "owning" / running the biz.. as I own the domain ( it's not a LLC ).
Can I receive income checks in my name ?
thanks!
more...
tnite
08-10 09:02 AM
Please join us for a tri state lunch meet. We would like to start working on volunteers/ mobilizing members for the DC rally. Even if you cannot take the day off and come to DC please come by for the lunch. We could really use help with banners/posters/ and ideas to make this a success.
WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)
TIME: 1:30 pm
IF YOU'RE FROM NY/NJ/CT TRISTATE AREA, PLEASE DO JOIN http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/)
bump
WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)
TIME: 1:30 pm
IF YOU'RE FROM NY/NJ/CT TRISTATE AREA, PLEASE DO JOIN http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/)
bump
Canadian_Dream
02-27 01:31 PM
I have the exact same question for the original poster. Do you know someone or have heard from several people who were scrutinized about intent after leaving the employer upon GC approval ? I know folks who left with in few months and completed naturalization without any issues, but that's an anecdotal evidence and doesn't prove anything. Please let us know your source of information.
You have seen applications being scrutinized for employment history at the time of naturalization?. can you please provide elaborate and provide examples?. Otherwise dont scare people unnecessarily.:mad:
You have seen applications being scrutinized for employment history at the time of naturalization?. can you please provide elaborate and provide examples?. Otherwise dont scare people unnecessarily.:mad:
more...
mhathi
08-25 09:23 AM
Hi kondur_007,
Now can i do the 140 premium processing,to know the result asap.
If my 140 is still in process,can i file another perm labour and can i use my old labour dates.
Thanks for ur response.
Priority dates cannot be ported unless I-140 is approved. Unfortunately, in this case it looks like you will lose your original PD if they deny/refuse to accept your I-140 application.
Now can i do the 140 premium processing,to know the result asap.
If my 140 is still in process,can i file another perm labour and can i use my old labour dates.
Thanks for ur response.
Priority dates cannot be ported unless I-140 is approved. Unfortunately, in this case it looks like you will lose your original PD if they deny/refuse to accept your I-140 application.
Jbpvisa
07-07 12:33 PM
I give highest rating.
more...
lecter
January 4th, 2005, 11:34 PM
nice work. the technique works well. I like to make these moodier.....
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//501/7236bw-HL2C9754-med.jpg
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//501/7236BW-HL2C9756-med.jpg
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//501/7236bw-HL2C9754-med.jpg
http://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting/data//501/7236BW-HL2C9756-med.jpg
gc_kaavaali
05-21 01:55 PM
Are you sure? it is going to be too much pain....
It is no longer available.
It is no longer available.
more...
atumalla
09-26 04:33 PM
Could you post your case details ? I called USCIS they say you have to wait 90 days. How did you get past that ?
sash
06-20 01:16 AM
What do the people in the following circumstance do:
1) Family emergency and they have to travel to India? Is there any way to expedite the advance parole??
2) They get married say in October and return with spouse then? IF they file for I-485 now, isnt the spouse left out unless she/he can come in H1B or F-1 herself?
1) Family emergency and they have to travel to India? Is there any way to expedite the advance parole??
2) They get married say in October and return with spouse then? IF they file for I-485 now, isnt the spouse left out unless she/he can come in H1B or F-1 herself?
more...

Aah_GC
06-06 09:13 PM
Don't worry about your I140 getting revoked, AC21 is built for your career, security and comfort keeping in mind the USCIS delays. Go ahead and use it and Good luck. Make sure you are careful with SOC codes, and do a good job of keeping your status and career in accordance with the rules. The rest will take care of itself.
If you are sure about your I140 getting revoked, make sure you let USCIS know of your AC21 portability. Good luck.
If you are sure about your I140 getting revoked, make sure you let USCIS know of your AC21 portability. Good luck.
cherylfoster
12-27 03:20 PM
USCIS will only share information about the I-140 case with the applying employer and their lawyer. I once tried to help my employer to find out if the reply to an RFE on my H1-B had been received and they refused to tell me anything. I got a copy of the I-140 from the lawyer and the original from my employer, but as someone said it was a curtesy from the employer to share it.
more...
xbohdpukc
08-26 08:58 PM
im really concerned about getting a GC more than using my MBA. Im already a Director of Software Development for my company so there no more career change that i need !
then just sit tight and wait. and keep your money from those crooked "educators"
then just sit tight and wait. and keep your money from those crooked "educators"
iptel
05-18 03:26 PM
Great work IV core team! EB immigration will be benefited by the work done by IV core team sooner or later. Keep it up!!
One will wonder that Indian Government will do something as the India and her economy are benefited by EB immigration big time in last decade. In the global economy the overseas workers are the greatest strength India has and as usual they are completely ignoring the problems faced by EB immigrants in the USA.
Just a thought,
Involving India or any other foreign Government is not a good idea. It can result to severe backlash.
One will wonder that Indian Government will do something as the India and her economy are benefited by EB immigration big time in last decade. In the global economy the overseas workers are the greatest strength India has and as usual they are completely ignoring the problems faced by EB immigrants in the USA.
Just a thought,
Involving India or any other foreign Government is not a good idea. It can result to severe backlash.
howzatt
08-15 11:34 AM
What I am looking for is how do they physically transfer the application? I am afraid of dealing with another incompetent organization such as USPS. Also, what type of processing delays should I expect?
How recent were the guidelines that I-485 be sent to the same center as I-140? Were these guidelines applicable on July 2nd.
I do not know about the guidelines but these FAQs were released a few days ago(definitely after July 2nd).
Your question about how do they physically transfer applications is just very stupid. Just think about it. Your lawyer made a mistake and you want to blame USPS or USCIS for it? Nobody can tell you for sure their method of transferring applications. I dont think you have any other option but to wait.
How recent were the guidelines that I-485 be sent to the same center as I-140? Were these guidelines applicable on July 2nd.
I do not know about the guidelines but these FAQs were released a few days ago(definitely after July 2nd).
Your question about how do they physically transfer applications is just very stupid. Just think about it. Your lawyer made a mistake and you want to blame USPS or USCIS for it? Nobody can tell you for sure their method of transferring applications. I dont think you have any other option but to wait.
kams
01-10 11:08 AM
I-140 applied May 2007, EB-2 Nebraska. Approved Jan 8, 2008.
crystal
04-11 02:56 PM
When I look at any member public profile , I dont see Labor prority date and Category (Eb2/eb3). This is I guess because Labor priority date and category fields are not in addition information part of the profile. We need to move those fields into additional information part .


No comments:
Post a Comment