gc_kaavaali
11-14 04:13 PM
do you know my employer user name?
Your employer gave you a red mark.
Your employer gave you a red mark.

onemorecame
11-27 02:37 PM
It doesn't work anymore

pratikgr
08-10 08:00 AM
how about applying for a tourist visa for that time period?
Can we apply for tourist visa from US?
I checked at NY Kaplan. they have 3months course for $1800 and 4months course for TOEFL for $5500. Since we need atleast 4 months I20, I guess I have to check some community college if they offer something cheap.
One more question is, the community college usally have admission from spring. They don't issue I20 in summer. So I guess I have to start from January itself. In that case is it possible to get admission in January and start the class in summer? In that way I can save some money.
Can we apply for tourist visa from US?
I checked at NY Kaplan. they have 3months course for $1800 and 4months course for TOEFL for $5500. Since we need atleast 4 months I20, I guess I have to check some community college if they offer something cheap.
One more question is, the community college usally have admission from spring. They don't issue I20 in summer. So I guess I have to start from January itself. In that case is it possible to get admission in January and start the class in summer? In that way I can save some money.

PrayForEveryone
07-11 11:10 AM
140 (EB3) was upgraded to Premium Processing on June 27th 2007 (just before the USCIS suspended premium processing on 140).
It got approved yesterday!
It got approved yesterday!
more...

visafreedom
07-03 02:09 AM
Please read, sign and observe
http://www.petitiononline.com/aos485/petition.html
To: U,S. Congress American Government
USCIS/DOS has made fun of a set of highly skilled immigrant workers of America. They issued a bulletin in June 2007 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3258.html) declaring all classes of employment-based visa priority dates current from July 1, 2007 and then pulled the carpet under everyone's feet by issuing a bulletin in July 2007 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html) which declared all July applications ineligible.
The June bulletin caused a frenzy of activity amongst the applicants which ranged from applicants cancelling their travel plans and rushing to file their petitions to applicants tying the nuptial knot and cancelling their plans of higher studies. This act is mockery and disrespect of such skilled workers, causing them huge emotional and mental trauma. It also represents a huge economic loss in terms of time and resources consumed for readiness in filing the applications that involved the individuals, their employers and the attorneys representing them.
As a mark of protest we would like to observe July 13, 2007 as "NO WORK DAY". We demand justice from America and the American Governement. We believe our voices will only be heard when our presence (and importance) is made conspicuous by our absence. So, all those who believe in this are urged to refrain from going to work on Friday July 13, 2007.
Sincerely,
http://www.petitiononline.com/aos485/petition.html
To: U,S. Congress American Government
USCIS/DOS has made fun of a set of highly skilled immigrant workers of America. They issued a bulletin in June 2007 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3258.html) declaring all classes of employment-based visa priority dates current from July 1, 2007 and then pulled the carpet under everyone's feet by issuing a bulletin in July 2007 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html) which declared all July applications ineligible.
The June bulletin caused a frenzy of activity amongst the applicants which ranged from applicants cancelling their travel plans and rushing to file their petitions to applicants tying the nuptial knot and cancelling their plans of higher studies. This act is mockery and disrespect of such skilled workers, causing them huge emotional and mental trauma. It also represents a huge economic loss in terms of time and resources consumed for readiness in filing the applications that involved the individuals, their employers and the attorneys representing them.
As a mark of protest we would like to observe July 13, 2007 as "NO WORK DAY". We demand justice from America and the American Governement. We believe our voices will only be heard when our presence (and importance) is made conspicuous by our absence. So, all those who believe in this are urged to refrain from going to work on Friday July 13, 2007.
Sincerely,
mysticblue
08-17 11:33 PM
just remember to carefully preserve all payslips, email communications, and all other docs from this period. If and when you file for GC, you MAY need these docs.
But, otherwise, your case is straightforward. As long as you send the H1 transfer to CIS before you are terminated/resign from B, you status will continue uninterrupted... So you are ok.
Thanks. That helped a lot !
But, otherwise, your case is straightforward. As long as you send the H1 transfer to CIS before you are terminated/resign from B, you status will continue uninterrupted... So you are ok.
Thanks. That helped a lot !
more...

solaris27
03-13 09:59 AM
Congratulations
aravindhome
04-29 01:02 PM
Hey.. Congratulations on the engagement.... the way I see it, there are a couple of options for you.. not entirely from a legal perspective.. just practical solutions.....
a. You can ask your fiance to enter as a student here on F1, if she's willing to pursue her education.. you can easily enrol her in the nearest community college and for a part-time or full-time course....
b. An H1 or an L1 is another option.. but given the current conditions, not sure if you can pull that through.......
c. This is from my own experience... A friend of mine faced the same scenario and, so asked his wife to apply for Canadian PR and then come into the States... That way, she was able to get a job quite easily in Toronto and the whole process took just about 8 months or so...
Hopefully, these suggestions come in handy for you....... All the very best....
a. You can ask your fiance to enter as a student here on F1, if she's willing to pursue her education.. you can easily enrol her in the nearest community college and for a part-time or full-time course....
b. An H1 or an L1 is another option.. but given the current conditions, not sure if you can pull that through.......
c. This is from my own experience... A friend of mine faced the same scenario and, so asked his wife to apply for Canadian PR and then come into the States... That way, she was able to get a job quite easily in Toronto and the whole process took just about 8 months or so...
Hopefully, these suggestions come in handy for you....... All the very best....
more...

sam_hoosier
08-25 11:54 AM
Before someone gives you answer...can you answer this. Why someone should help you or provide any answer to you. In the last two years your post count is 5. So never participated in any drive, help fund raise....first IV need to get ride of selfish &*^%& like you. I wish and request others not to answer you...
Dude, you could have made the same point witout being rude. We claim to be educated people, trying to get a greencard based on our educational qualifications/skills. Lets try & demonstrate some civil behavior first :mad:
Dude, you could have made the same point witout being rude. We claim to be educated people, trying to get a greencard based on our educational qualifications/skills. Lets try & demonstrate some civil behavior first :mad:
lostinbeta
10-03 02:18 AM
Glad I could help=)
more...
shirish
10-15 03:49 PM
Thankx for the info.
Once she goes from H4 to AOS(using EAD), it doesnt matter .she can work partime, FT or not work at all.
Once she goes from H4 to AOS(using EAD), it doesnt matter .she can work partime, FT or not work at all.
naturopathicpt
06-29 04:53 PM
Hi Atty. Ruben, your response has been really helpful and it does makes sense that it would be below the minimum salary required by the LCA. Is there any PDF or citation where I can print out for my records stating this law?
I have to clarify something, the contact was made by my recruiter BUT the Employment Agreement states that it is only between ME and my EMPLOYER. Should I breach the contact it states:
"If the employee resigns OR otherwise breaches any of the terms of this Agreement prior to its expiration, Employee shall be liable for ALL of the expenses incurred by the Employer to tmploy him or her, including, but not limited to, COST OF TRANSPORTATION, FEES FOR PROCESSING IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS, FEES FOR PROCESSING LICENSING DOCUMENTS, AND ANY FEES PAID BY EMPLOYEE TO A RECUITER. EMPLOYEE UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THESE COSTS MAY BE RECOVERED BY DEDUCTING THESE AMOUNTS FROM ANY WAGES EARNED. If any party shall violate or breach any of the terms or provisions of this Agreement, the party in default or breach, shall shall pay to the prevaling party ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, WHICH THE PREVAILING PARTY MAY INCUR OR PAY AS A RESULT OF SUCH DEFAULT OR BREACH."
So Atty. Ruben, I want to know your opinion on this. is this really illegal? Though I signed the contract without knowing about the LAW, do I have the power to dispute this?
I appreciate your generous response.
NaturopathicPT
I have to clarify something, the contact was made by my recruiter BUT the Employment Agreement states that it is only between ME and my EMPLOYER. Should I breach the contact it states:
"If the employee resigns OR otherwise breaches any of the terms of this Agreement prior to its expiration, Employee shall be liable for ALL of the expenses incurred by the Employer to tmploy him or her, including, but not limited to, COST OF TRANSPORTATION, FEES FOR PROCESSING IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS, FEES FOR PROCESSING LICENSING DOCUMENTS, AND ANY FEES PAID BY EMPLOYEE TO A RECUITER. EMPLOYEE UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THESE COSTS MAY BE RECOVERED BY DEDUCTING THESE AMOUNTS FROM ANY WAGES EARNED. If any party shall violate or breach any of the terms or provisions of this Agreement, the party in default or breach, shall shall pay to the prevaling party ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, WHICH THE PREVAILING PARTY MAY INCUR OR PAY AS A RESULT OF SUCH DEFAULT OR BREACH."
So Atty. Ruben, I want to know your opinion on this. is this really illegal? Though I signed the contract without knowing about the LAW, do I have the power to dispute this?
I appreciate your generous response.
NaturopathicPT
more...
diptam
06-10 07:41 PM
I'm confused - Everyone who has a 140 is supposed to have a Labor and very likely that will be more than 365 days old. So why do anyone need 140 approval in that sense ?
The reason i'm getting nuts for 140 approval because i can't safely switch to a EAD or get a Longer duration H1B ( 3 yrs after 140 approval). I'm in major Limbo with some other folks at NSC for last 13 months just for a EB3(140) - My friends got approval in 6-8 months from TSC or if its a EB2(140) at Nebraska.
See my other post asking ideas to break this stalemate.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19534
You do not qualify for this at least according to the above statement. You do not need 140 approved for h extension. You will automatically get the h extension based on the fact that you labor was filed 365 days prior to your H expiration. This is for folks who need 140 approved for H extension
The reason i'm getting nuts for 140 approval because i can't safely switch to a EAD or get a Longer duration H1B ( 3 yrs after 140 approval). I'm in major Limbo with some other folks at NSC for last 13 months just for a EB3(140) - My friends got approval in 6-8 months from TSC or if its a EB2(140) at Nebraska.
See my other post asking ideas to break this stalemate.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19534
You do not qualify for this at least according to the above statement. You do not need 140 approved for h extension. You will automatically get the h extension based on the fact that you labor was filed 365 days prior to your H expiration. This is for folks who need 140 approved for H extension
PlainSpeak
04-07 12:25 PM
When one should feel to donate, they can donate. Doesn't mean that you donated, means everyone should donate.
It is about donation, not Haptaa-vasooli.....
So, before taunting anyone you should understand the meaning of "Donation".
If some one directs a post to you and asks you directly about whether you donated or not then you can then send out posts of the above kind
In the mean time if you believe in the cause donate else dont but there is no use arguing about pros/cons and definition of donation per se or difference between donation and contribution.
It is about donation, not Haptaa-vasooli.....
So, before taunting anyone you should understand the meaning of "Donation".
If some one directs a post to you and asks you directly about whether you donated or not then you can then send out posts of the above kind
In the mean time if you believe in the cause donate else dont but there is no use arguing about pros/cons and definition of donation per se or difference between donation and contribution.
more...

saravanaraj.sathya
08-08 03:23 PM
Jasmin - Thanks for ur reply. I know there are several posts regarding pay-stubs. but I was un-clear with the pay issue after filing I-485 thtz why I opened a new thread. I am sorry if it is not appropriate.
But I ve seen in some of the posts where ppl say that we can be on vacation, self-employed etc etc...what does it mean? do they still need to produce pay stubs....My Pd is Nov 2006 it may take several yrs..do they really dig deep from there to my first entry?
Its always safe to have paystubs for atlease 180 days after your 485 receipt date. If they call you for an interview at local office during adjudication, which may happen after anywhere from weeks, months, or years, there are chances that you may be asked to produce paystubs starting from month before interview date all the way back to your first H1 entry into US.
Please do not open new threads for these question for which there are several thread opened and are being discussed thru. Why don't you ask this question on one of those post?
But I ve seen in some of the posts where ppl say that we can be on vacation, self-employed etc etc...what does it mean? do they still need to produce pay stubs....My Pd is Nov 2006 it may take several yrs..do they really dig deep from there to my first entry?
Its always safe to have paystubs for atlease 180 days after your 485 receipt date. If they call you for an interview at local office during adjudication, which may happen after anywhere from weeks, months, or years, there are chances that you may be asked to produce paystubs starting from month before interview date all the way back to your first H1 entry into US.
Please do not open new threads for these question for which there are several thread opened and are being discussed thru. Why don't you ask this question on one of those post?
glus
04-07 09:03 AM
There is no law that says that you need to work for your employer for such and such nr of moths after getting GC. However, it is advisable to work for as long as you can for the original employer to avoid issues at naturalization stage.
more...
dan19
09-11 04:13 PM
Call your lawyer and get your ETA number. The 45 day letter has your ETA number.
Tell him that you would like that number to track your case using the new BEC online case status search.
Normally he should give you that number, since it is nothing harmful for him and your company.
Hi All,
I received word from my company that my 45 day letter had come in .. this is March 2005. Its more than a year and now they just seem to keep quite. If I persist they say the lawyer has not come up with anything yet.
I tried calling the lawyer but they say that nothing has come up either.
Now with all the talk about September 2007 the finish date for the BEC where do we stand. My lawyer is quiet, my employer is quite and my 6 years are getting close to complete in January 2007.
How are you guyz coping ? I am tired of waiting .. haven't gone past the first stage.
Hoping for the best.
Tell him that you would like that number to track your case using the new BEC online case status search.
Normally he should give you that number, since it is nothing harmful for him and your company.
Hi All,
I received word from my company that my 45 day letter had come in .. this is March 2005. Its more than a year and now they just seem to keep quite. If I persist they say the lawyer has not come up with anything yet.
I tried calling the lawyer but they say that nothing has come up either.
Now with all the talk about September 2007 the finish date for the BEC where do we stand. My lawyer is quiet, my employer is quite and my 6 years are getting close to complete in January 2007.
How are you guyz coping ? I am tired of waiting .. haven't gone past the first stage.
Hoping for the best.

ravi.shah
02-07 10:44 AM
Thanks for the update !
I am watching this... looks pretty interesting :)
I am watching this... looks pretty interesting :)
ItIsNotFunny
10-23 03:57 PM
Hi,
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
GCBy3000
01-14 12:52 PM
Only H1 reform is likely by feb 15th.
gchandu
04-13 08:31 AM
Hi dammu
Dont expect a success story with DOL for every complaint. If you are genuinly working in US per labour skill set with your h1 filed petetioner then you can expect something from DOL when you make a complaint. On the other side, if you have not been working for 6 months there is no point in you making any complaints...check with your employer and by now your employer should ask you to leave to your home country per law....
Thanks
Chandu
Hi,
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?
Dont expect a success story with DOL for every complaint. If you are genuinly working in US per labour skill set with your h1 filed petetioner then you can expect something from DOL when you make a complaint. On the other side, if you have not been working for 6 months there is no point in you making any complaints...check with your employer and by now your employer should ask you to leave to your home country per law....
Thanks
Chandu
Hi,
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?


No comments:
Post a Comment