curiosity_76
12-29 04:26 PM
Let's do something together, and let the government aware of our problem.
Let's get more and more people in and make our voice heard!
Let's get more and more people in and make our voice heard!
wallpaper May 21 2011 Is Judgement Day
unseenguy
02-23 12:01 PM
Hello everyone - My company has announced a 10% across the board paycut. I am sulking over it as there is no job guarantee. I am in a big consulting org. There are no new projects coming and my project is there till end of April. I have I140 approved but I am afraid that my employer may seek to revoke it , if I leave on my own.
Gurus - Do you think it is wise to use AC21 in this situation. It will take years for me to get back to (2-3) my original salary level and if I accept the paycut and lay off happens, the future employer may seek further paycut or same salary.
My wife has already lost job and hence I am paranoid that I have taken almost 50% paycut if we consider 2 incomes. I dont think economy is THAT bad.
Gurus - Do you think it is wise to use AC21 in this situation. It will take years for me to get back to (2-3) my original salary level and if I accept the paycut and lay off happens, the future employer may seek further paycut or same salary.
My wife has already lost job and hence I am paranoid that I have taken almost 50% paycut if we consider 2 incomes. I dont think economy is THAT bad.
.jpg)
webm
06-09 02:27 PM
One of my friend with PD Jul 2001 EB3 India is still waiting for his GC. His name check was cleared 4-5 months back and not sure what he was waiting for.....
I am on the same boat as your friend...Took infopass but its of no use..
so waiting..continues..waiting for luck!!
Looks like EB2 approvals spike going on this month..atleast something moving...
--------------------------
EB3-I Oct,2001 (TSC)
FP/NC -- cleared
485 RD -mid June 2007 (TSC)
I am on the same boat as your friend...Took infopass but its of no use..
so waiting..continues..waiting for luck!!
Looks like EB2 approvals spike going on this month..atleast something moving...
--------------------------
EB3-I Oct,2001 (TSC)
FP/NC -- cleared
485 RD -mid June 2007 (TSC)
2011 May 21 Judgement Day Hoax?
averagedesi
08-23 11:33 AM
Folks
My EAD got approved on July 30th when my PD which is Mar 2005 for EB2 is not current.
USCIS issued the EAD for a year, called them up, they are asking me to send it back along with a fresh application.
Is there a process to get this straightened out? I call the USCIS number and each Rep gives me a different suggestion, one female was saying set up a infopass appt and they will help you out.
My current EAD runs out on Sep 19th and I dont want to mess with my EAD and create problems for myself
Anybody in the same boat?
Thanks!
PS: if this issue has already been discussed please dont stone me
My EAD got approved on July 30th when my PD which is Mar 2005 for EB2 is not current.
USCIS issued the EAD for a year, called them up, they are asking me to send it back along with a fresh application.
Is there a process to get this straightened out? I call the USCIS number and each Rep gives me a different suggestion, one female was saying set up a infopass appt and they will help you out.
My current EAD runs out on Sep 19th and I dont want to mess with my EAD and create problems for myself
Anybody in the same boat?
Thanks!
PS: if this issue has already been discussed please dont stone me
more...
jungalee43
02-11 08:18 PM
Submitted the petition. Works somoothly.
http://www.thedegreepeople.com/eb-petition.html
So go ahead on sign in the petition. Dont know how far it goes but atleast it does something good.
http://www.thedegreepeople.com/eb-petition.html
So go ahead on sign in the petition. Dont know how far it goes but atleast it does something good.
redgreen
09-25 04:52 PM
There are diversity lottery, asylum, etc, options also for gc.
However, the main points of getting us citizenship is described clearly in it.
However, the main points of getting us citizenship is described clearly in it.
more...
sc3
08-09 02:42 PM
Only 45 votes so far. EB3-I people dont have 5 seconds to vote even, how can we expect any help from Govt.
Come on give EB3ers a break. 2 things. it is weekend, and secondly a lot will not be excessively active because there is nothing in the horizon for us to look forward to.
Come on give EB3ers a break. 2 things. it is weekend, and secondly a lot will not be excessively active because there is nothing in the horizon for us to look forward to.
2010 may 21 judgement day billboard
vpadman
02-09 02:07 PM
Are there any members from Huntsville, Alabama ?
It would nice for a few us to meet here and discuss various immigration issues.
It would nice for a few us to meet here and discuss various immigration issues.
more...
hindu_king
04-23 11:49 AM
I am planning to change my apartment next week. Its same city same zip code just different apartment complex (got a better deal). I am working the same job, same profile no changes since filing my 485 in Aug 2007. I also received a RFE in July 2008 (at that time my PD was current) it was for BC for which I had submitted an affidavit from my parents since the original was in local language. For the RFE I did an notarized translation of the doc and submitted it. They had also asked for updated EVL with supporting paystubs W2. I sent that and the application has been pending since.
The question I have is will this address change trigger another RFE?. Does any one have any such experience?
I changed my address twice recently in a short period of time. Same state but different zip codes. I did not get any RFE's. I already got an RFE in Oct 2008 before I moved. There were Soft LUDs on my applications both the times but no RFEs. I dont think change of address will trigger RFEs.
The question I have is will this address change trigger another RFE?. Does any one have any such experience?
I changed my address twice recently in a short period of time. Same state but different zip codes. I did not get any RFE's. I already got an RFE in Oct 2008 before I moved. There were Soft LUDs on my applications both the times but no RFEs. I dont think change of address will trigger RFEs.
hair may 21 judgement day
burnt
04-07 03:44 PM
Does it in any way affect my Naturalization Application?
more...
a1b2c3
08-04 06:10 PM
In this case you can not port the PD unless your subsequent I140 is approved ( ie your Feb-08 I-140 is approved) Once this get approved, you can port to already approved EB2-I140 to make your EB2-140 PD same as your EB3-I140 PD.
similar sit and my 485 was accepted with older pd!
what you say maybe true, but pls don't say it so confidently unless your are an attorney!
similar sit and my 485 was accepted with older pd!
what you say maybe true, but pls don't say it so confidently unless your are an attorney!
hot may 21 judgement day billboard. may 21 judgement day billboard.
aniltatikonda
02-08 04:54 PM
Thats correct It was my misunderstanding.
more...
house May 21 Judgement Day Billboard
harrydr
06-29 06:32 PM
Hello,
Forum Gurus, i have a basic question. Currently i'm employed by a corporation and working full time for them under H1B. Now, i want to work for additional company as part time (approx. 20 hrs/week). This company cannot give me cash but only check. Is it possible to file additional H1B just for this company and start working for them under this new H1B?
My current status is: H1B approved with current company and I-140 approved.
Also, if the answer to my question above is yes, then could this affect my current H1B and approved I-140 in any ways. Thanks in advance.
Forum Gurus, i have a basic question. Currently i'm employed by a corporation and working full time for them under H1B. Now, i want to work for additional company as part time (approx. 20 hrs/week). This company cannot give me cash but only check. Is it possible to file additional H1B just for this company and start working for them under this new H1B?
My current status is: H1B approved with current company and I-140 approved.
Also, if the answer to my question above is yes, then could this affect my current H1B and approved I-140 in any ways. Thanks in advance.
tattoo May 21, 2011 will mark the
GreenCord
07-17 02:19 AM
Hello freinds :
I would appreciate if anyone can guide me through the situation I am in. I have been working for a company for past 4yrs. After the July bulletin was released on June 15, my employer has stopped responding to my emails, voicemails and registered mails by normal post. When I try to reach him on the telephone his voicemail message says that he is travelling and not to leave any voicemail messages but to email him and he will respond when he gets a chance. When I email him I get an out of office response. There are two other people working in the same company. I sent emails to these people and also left voicemail messages but they are also not responding.
This has put me in a very difficult situation as I dont know what is the status of my H1B application which expired recently. They were supposed to extend it. They are also not telling me the status of I140 application. My labor PD is June 2004. I would like to file the I485 application if USCIS reverses their decision.
Has anyone been throught the same or similar situation ?
This is my third employer and third GC attempt in the 11yrs I have been in this country.
I would appreciate if anyone can guide me through the situation I am in. I have been working for a company for past 4yrs. After the July bulletin was released on June 15, my employer has stopped responding to my emails, voicemails and registered mails by normal post. When I try to reach him on the telephone his voicemail message says that he is travelling and not to leave any voicemail messages but to email him and he will respond when he gets a chance. When I email him I get an out of office response. There are two other people working in the same company. I sent emails to these people and also left voicemail messages but they are also not responding.
This has put me in a very difficult situation as I dont know what is the status of my H1B application which expired recently. They were supposed to extend it. They are also not telling me the status of I140 application. My labor PD is June 2004. I would like to file the I485 application if USCIS reverses their decision.
Has anyone been throught the same or similar situation ?
This is my third employer and third GC attempt in the 11yrs I have been in this country.
more...
pictures may 21 judgement day,
chanduv23
05-11 10:17 AM
I sincerely think that the reason why various immigration agencies are getting away with 'doing nothing' for Legal immigrants is because media does not discuss the backlogs in the immigration system. If we can focus on some really shocking statistics....data...and request some reasonable media personnel to discuss and take up as a story...it would be more helpful than all flower campaigns...and other forms of protests. I wrote to Fareed Zakaria today and you can do so as well. We can try other famous personalities on CNN such as Soledad O�Brien. If you know anybody on the Fox News side who might sympathize and investigate the issue, try them as well. Every media and politicians bracket us in the same group as illegals or fraud H1Bs...that image needs to change before something can happen...its absolutely bizarre and immoral in my opinion when the head of DHS cannot go to congress and say that there is an unfair situation for Legal Immigrants from India/China in the immigration system and she needs temporary assistance in fixing the system. Sec of State and Head of DHS surely have the authority to refer an unfair situation in the congress for a temporary legislative solution until the CIR is addressed.
You are missing the actual thing here. Backlogs are there in family based too - so this backlog is not "THEIR" problem - backlog is there because supply is more than demand. The Visa cap was congressionally mandated and when politcians question DHS - they only say - we will improve our efficiency and process applications efficiently - now without a visa number DHS really cannot issue you a green card. All they can do is process your application and keep. Visa number is the last thing in the process and they have to obtain visa numbers from DOS.
Now - the issue for EB applicants being tied up to employer throughout the process is what is creating a difficult situation for us. Over the past 3 years IV has done a lot of lobbying to the effect of doing rallies, admin fixes, grass root lobbying, media drives and helping people in all sorts of issues.
Look - it is not easy to convince people to change laws - because people on the other side do not see things the way we see it. It is all politics and one has to understand how get things done effectively. When you raise voice - the other side comes back with their POV talking about jjob losses, wage depression, fraud etc..
I see people crying and cribbing and blaming everything and everyone for their situation.
What I intend to say is "No one will help you" - YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF
You are missing the actual thing here. Backlogs are there in family based too - so this backlog is not "THEIR" problem - backlog is there because supply is more than demand. The Visa cap was congressionally mandated and when politcians question DHS - they only say - we will improve our efficiency and process applications efficiently - now without a visa number DHS really cannot issue you a green card. All they can do is process your application and keep. Visa number is the last thing in the process and they have to obtain visa numbers from DOS.
Now - the issue for EB applicants being tied up to employer throughout the process is what is creating a difficult situation for us. Over the past 3 years IV has done a lot of lobbying to the effect of doing rallies, admin fixes, grass root lobbying, media drives and helping people in all sorts of issues.
Look - it is not easy to convince people to change laws - because people on the other side do not see things the way we see it. It is all politics and one has to understand how get things done effectively. When you raise voice - the other side comes back with their POV talking about jjob losses, wage depression, fraud etc..
I see people crying and cribbing and blaming everything and everyone for their situation.
What I intend to say is "No one will help you" - YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF
dresses Judgement Day on May 21?
raysaikat
01-10 10:08 AM
No I am not a research fellow. Just Telecomm Engineer who has Master's Degree from US. I just interpreted Research Item in 221G Green Document as my Thesis work and explained it in the research statement along with the other documents.
D
That probably was unnecessary and may triggered the additional check due to export control of high end researches.
D
That probably was unnecessary and may triggered the additional check due to export control of high end researches.
more...
makeup may 21 judgement day billboard. may 21 judgement day billboard
indianindian2006
07-24 03:41 PM
Hi,
My situation is as follows:
1) approved RIR labor 2002
2) approved perm labor 2005
3) approved i-140 2006 (PD 2005)
4) ALL of above for company-A. 2006 company-B took over.
My lawyer said i cannot file and have to start again with new labor as merger/acquistion was 'asset only' type.
I want to self-file i-485 giving the company "name change" letter as the only proof along with the rest of regular documents. Company-B employer is in 100% support of my application.
SHOULD I just waste $$$$ money or take a chance ? PLEASE HELP...TIRED OF WAITING FOR LAST 5 years :(
Regards,
-Ravi
I was wondering if you file for perm with company B and then at the time of 140 try to get the 2002 date of the RIR which is approved,if that can happen then you may be fine.I can be wrong in this.
My situation is as follows:
1) approved RIR labor 2002
2) approved perm labor 2005
3) approved i-140 2006 (PD 2005)
4) ALL of above for company-A. 2006 company-B took over.
My lawyer said i cannot file and have to start again with new labor as merger/acquistion was 'asset only' type.
I want to self-file i-485 giving the company "name change" letter as the only proof along with the rest of regular documents. Company-B employer is in 100% support of my application.
SHOULD I just waste $$$$ money or take a chance ? PLEASE HELP...TIRED OF WAITING FOR LAST 5 years :(
Regards,
-Ravi
I was wondering if you file for perm with company B and then at the time of 140 try to get the 2002 date of the RIR which is approved,if that can happen then you may be fine.I can be wrong in this.
girlfriend Billboards state May 21 2011
immuser
11-01 06:26 PM
I have seen many discussions were people talk about going to Canada, UK etc.
It is good to know what your options are other than US.
It is good to know what your options are other than US.
hairstyles quot;Judgment Day is coming May 21
nixstor
11-04 02:30 PM
There are online spell-checkers available. Here is the one that I use all the time: http://www.orfo.ru/online/ (click on [Eng] icon in the top right corner if it appears in Russian). It only shows the errors and does not suggest the correct spelling, but hey - it's free. :)
Its not about not being able to find a free spell checker. Its about doing it amidst of 10 diff things. Hope that makes sense. Its good not to have spelling mistakes, but I wouldnt consider 1 or 2 typos as a big issue.
Its not about not being able to find a free spell checker. Its about doing it amidst of 10 diff things. Hope that makes sense. Its good not to have spelling mistakes, but I wouldnt consider 1 or 2 typos as a big issue.
sportsguy131
07-31 02:28 PM
Hello,
I have a question, this is about my mom's H1 B visa. Her H1B visa is about to expire in one month.(she had a maximum stay for 6 years). But my grandfather had applied for a greencard process for my mom through family based and we are 2 months away from getting the visa numbers. So Is there any way my mom can extend her H1B. She is currently working as a teacher. (There are lot of options for people who applied for Greencard process through employment, but I don't see any for family based greencard process). Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank You.
I have a question, this is about my mom's H1 B visa. Her H1B visa is about to expire in one month.(she had a maximum stay for 6 years). But my grandfather had applied for a greencard process for my mom through family based and we are 2 months away from getting the visa numbers. So Is there any way my mom can extend her H1B. She is currently working as a teacher. (There are lot of options for people who applied for Greencard process through employment, but I don't see any for family based greencard process). Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank You.
FinalGC
05-01 11:05 AM
singhsa3:
You are missing one important point......You are trying to move the way state and federal govt works. State govt work environment is very similar to Indian or Chinese Govt....Logic and ethusiasm to change is missing here....
You have to work for State Govt to know this fact. The only way you can get them to do stuff, is being at a Director level job in the USCIS or perhaps lobbying with Congressmen. They only understand laws and policies.
Anyway I do not want to discourage you......Keep up the enthusiam dude!!!
What you may want to do is, write to the NEW Director, with your proposal and also send a copy to all the senators who have recently proposed new EB related immigration bills. This might make an impact...
You are missing one important point......You are trying to move the way state and federal govt works. State govt work environment is very similar to Indian or Chinese Govt....Logic and ethusiasm to change is missing here....
You have to work for State Govt to know this fact. The only way you can get them to do stuff, is being at a Director level job in the USCIS or perhaps lobbying with Congressmen. They only understand laws and policies.
Anyway I do not want to discourage you......Keep up the enthusiam dude!!!
What you may want to do is, write to the NEW Director, with your proposal and also send a copy to all the senators who have recently proposed new EB related immigration bills. This might make an impact...


No comments:
Post a Comment