Lykos1986
Dec 7, 11:38 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=263028&d=1291674609
May I have the original?
May I have the original?
Doctor Q
Nov 11, 02:21 PM
I wanted an app that would show me the current month and following month's calendars in a small window, for when I'm planning the next couple of week's activities. I found it as CalendarCenter (http://www.macdev.ca/macos/Freeware.html) from MacDev.ca. It's not elegant but it does just the one trick I wanted. Freeware. versiontracker page (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12219).
The Beatles
Apr 4, 11:54 AM
So because you don't like Financial Times it's okay for everyone that they are holding out iPad subscriptions. This is exactly what's wrong with you Apple fanboys.
You should be penalizing Apple for allowing this to happen. but instead you jump for joy.
Does this quote even make sense?
Anyway, its obvious that they want to exploit personal info. Its vital to their core business, what a joke.
You should be penalizing Apple for allowing this to happen. but instead you jump for joy.
Does this quote even make sense?
Anyway, its obvious that they want to exploit personal info. Its vital to their core business, what a joke.

tigress666
May 6, 01:20 AM
I want retribution, so do most americans. Glad we got it. And please define "destroyed", those countries were radical muslim wastelands and iraq had an evil dictator. They were pretty much destroyed as it is. Just like dirty trash bins attract flies and rats, those countries attract terrorists. Your solution to just leave the middle east alone is counterproductive, ignoring bullies never worked. Your country tried that with hitler, how did that work out for you?
Don't fool yourself, this has nothing to do with going after bullies or being the good guy.
Where are we with Mugabe (Who I'd argue is definitely as evil as Osama)? Where are we with Darfur? Or some other various countries in Africa that have some really evil people in it.
Shoot, we have supported the bad guys before (Central America for example or for that matter we supported Saddam Hussein at one point and even Stalin with propoganda telling people how Stalin was our friend and I'd argue Stalin was probably more insane than Hitler. Hitler learned propoganda from Stalin as well) because it was in our better interest.
Don't go thinking the US always supports the good guys or goes after the bad guys. There's a reason the terrorists can convince people we're evil and join them. It's a myth that "they hate our way of life" and more that we've supported people who haven't been so kind in the middle east.
In the end a lot of our follies ended up due to the fear of communism. So now instead we have the fear of the religious terrorists. I wonder who we'll end up pissing off now with our policies of anything (and ally with anyone) who we think will help us against who we dislike (Even if who we ally with are not nice people themselves).
Don't fool yourself, this has nothing to do with going after bullies or being the good guy.
Where are we with Mugabe (Who I'd argue is definitely as evil as Osama)? Where are we with Darfur? Or some other various countries in Africa that have some really evil people in it.
Shoot, we have supported the bad guys before (Central America for example or for that matter we supported Saddam Hussein at one point and even Stalin with propoganda telling people how Stalin was our friend and I'd argue Stalin was probably more insane than Hitler. Hitler learned propoganda from Stalin as well) because it was in our better interest.
Don't go thinking the US always supports the good guys or goes after the bad guys. There's a reason the terrorists can convince people we're evil and join them. It's a myth that "they hate our way of life" and more that we've supported people who haven't been so kind in the middle east.
In the end a lot of our follies ended up due to the fear of communism. So now instead we have the fear of the religious terrorists. I wonder who we'll end up pissing off now with our policies of anything (and ally with anyone) who we think will help us against who we dislike (Even if who we ally with are not nice people themselves).
more...
franswa za
Apr 13, 12:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)
If you havent seen any threads on choppy animations and a lag when opening up the Camera app, you likely haven't been to the iPhone forum. My problems are not unique. And if you think about it, 2-3 seconds to have the ability to shoot a picture is still way too long.
And besides, your phone is a full 7 days old. It's brand new! Everyone would expect it to be functioning perfectly. Mine is 10 months-old and feels long in the tooth.
try windoze mobile if you are unhappy? and then complain again......
there is NO current OS that shall satisfy the ...
If you havent seen any threads on choppy animations and a lag when opening up the Camera app, you likely haven't been to the iPhone forum. My problems are not unique. And if you think about it, 2-3 seconds to have the ability to shoot a picture is still way too long.
And besides, your phone is a full 7 days old. It's brand new! Everyone would expect it to be functioning perfectly. Mine is 10 months-old and feels long in the tooth.
try windoze mobile if you are unhappy? and then complain again......
there is NO current OS that shall satisfy the ...
AppliedVisual
Nov 4, 04:10 PM
People have already been commenting on future generations/revisions of the shuffle.
I agree with the predictions about the next revision being 2GB at the same price point. I would say that the form factor will stay the same, but maybe a stronger clip.
After that, who knows. I can also see a future shuffle having a miniature printed OLED display on it, perhaps in the middle of the play/pause button that could somehow relay which playlist you're using and a few other details.
By the end of '08, we could easily be seeing 16 and 24 GB nanos and 120/160 GB video iPods. I'm not going to make any predictions as to form factor, but I think the current aluminum tube design of the shuffle and nano will stay around for a while.
I agree with the predictions about the next revision being 2GB at the same price point. I would say that the form factor will stay the same, but maybe a stronger clip.
After that, who knows. I can also see a future shuffle having a miniature printed OLED display on it, perhaps in the middle of the play/pause button that could somehow relay which playlist you're using and a few other details.
By the end of '08, we could easily be seeing 16 and 24 GB nanos and 120/160 GB video iPods. I'm not going to make any predictions as to form factor, but I think the current aluminum tube design of the shuffle and nano will stay around for a while.
more...
Consultant
Apr 4, 10:00 AM
That's fricken lame. Bad greedy carrier.
twoodcc
Jan 1, 11:38 AM
How? Unless the power outages were each 6 hours long, there is no way. However, since it's full blown snow storms up north, I guess those must be common, just like down here in Honduras. Albeit for entire different reasons:D:p:eek:
I forgot to mention, if anyone has a PS3, download the Folding client to it! It works towards keeping our pace!
well the 2684s take much longer for me to complete. on top of that, i wasn't home when the power outages hit, so it took awhile to get everything back up and running. and then another power outage...
yeah i have my ps3 folding when i'm not using it.
I usually just use my PS3 guess I should ramp it up then? Running full throttle on MBP i7 for a while! Using laptop on my lap.... the pain it burns! Ah my legs on fire!
yeah might as well fold with your ps3 when you aren't using it. yeah i wouldn't use that mbp on your lap
I wonder how many team members don't even know about the passkey/bonus system? Could we up output by educating them about that, as well as client configuration?
hey not a bad idea. just start a new thread about it
I forgot to mention, if anyone has a PS3, download the Folding client to it! It works towards keeping our pace!
well the 2684s take much longer for me to complete. on top of that, i wasn't home when the power outages hit, so it took awhile to get everything back up and running. and then another power outage...
yeah i have my ps3 folding when i'm not using it.
I usually just use my PS3 guess I should ramp it up then? Running full throttle on MBP i7 for a while! Using laptop on my lap.... the pain it burns! Ah my legs on fire!
yeah might as well fold with your ps3 when you aren't using it. yeah i wouldn't use that mbp on your lap
I wonder how many team members don't even know about the passkey/bonus system? Could we up output by educating them about that, as well as client configuration?
hey not a bad idea. just start a new thread about it
more...
Err
Sep 18, 02:08 PM
Any other day traders here? I'm looking into setting up my mac to trade. Scottrade has low fee's but the lack of level II quotes is a downer. I have heard SOME good things about Ameritrade. guess I'm not opposed to using a Windows machine. Any reviews of online firms would be great. Thanks.
techfreak85
Jan 26, 06:50 PM
well you never know. just keep it up! you'll get there!
Yes, you will get there as long as you use your passkey. ;)
Now that you get you are getting the bonus, just wait a week for the daily average to even out. Your current avg PPD is still being calculated from before you started getting the bonus.
Yes, you will get there as long as you use your passkey. ;)
Now that you get you are getting the bonus, just wait a week for the daily average to even out. Your current avg PPD is still being calculated from before you started getting the bonus.
more...
MatthewCobb
Jan 9, 02:53 PM
I have been very rude about phones on previous posts, but I also said (check those posts!) that if it integrated a touch-screen vPod and Blackberry style capability, it would be cool. Which it is! And yes its expensive, but so were top range iPods. Leopard will come. More importantly, personal electronics have jsut changed.
schatten
Oct 31, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the whole 2G = 2nd Generation thing is getting old. Most people with any sense can discern 2G from 2GB, but that's assuming that most people have any sense, which sadly isn't the case.
(I don't get it; when people say they have a 120 Gigabyte Hard Drive in their computer, they always say "120GB," not "120G." So why get confused at "2G iPod?" It's simply confounding!)
Even with clarification, people still foul it up. I concur with recommending to referring to it as the G2 Shuffle, or even "new iPod shuffle" as Apple refers to it on their site.
I'd recommend naming it "clippy" but well... that would just start a whole new debacle!
:o
Anyway, even though I already have a 5G iPod (err... that's 5th Generation, or G5, or iPod Video) I might pick up one of these clippy ones. I could take it places where I fear to carry my larger & more expensive iPod. It would also make a great gift!
(I don't get it; when people say they have a 120 Gigabyte Hard Drive in their computer, they always say "120GB," not "120G." So why get confused at "2G iPod?" It's simply confounding!)
Even with clarification, people still foul it up. I concur with recommending to referring to it as the G2 Shuffle, or even "new iPod shuffle" as Apple refers to it on their site.
I'd recommend naming it "clippy" but well... that would just start a whole new debacle!
:o
Anyway, even though I already have a 5G iPod (err... that's 5th Generation, or G5, or iPod Video) I might pick up one of these clippy ones. I could take it places where I fear to carry my larger & more expensive iPod. It would also make a great gift!
more...
pleasehelp!
Apr 12, 08:04 PM
figured it out. it is the last one.
Mudbug
Aug 13, 10:23 AM
just figured I'd point this out now, since it's the first.
This doesn't fit in the 75x75 size or under the 39.1K filesize limit so it won't get counted... sorry.
rules/regulations for avatars in the contest
You can fix it to fit a tar and that'd be fine, but all entries not in the correct format will be disqualified.
and it's also in the rules that it should be a new avatar, not one seen on macrumors before.
This doesn't fit in the 75x75 size or under the 39.1K filesize limit so it won't get counted... sorry.
rules/regulations for avatars in the contest
You can fix it to fit a tar and that'd be fine, but all entries not in the correct format will be disqualified.
and it's also in the rules that it should be a new avatar, not one seen on macrumors before.
more...
supafly1703
Jul 27, 09:46 AM
What if they made a high, fast I/O version of the drive so that you could run your entire OS from a BD-RW?
elbirth
Jan 9, 03:11 PM
This keynote was a huge letdown for me. Sure I think the iPhone looks amazing and it has me considering a switch to Cingular to get one.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
more...
MacTheSpoon
Apr 28, 05:05 PM
I used to have the iPhone but I switched to Verizon when the iPhone 4 came out--didn't care for its hardware design, or for the dropped calls on AT&T. I've stayed away from the iPhone since its release on Verizon, too; I still don't care for the hardware design. We'll see what happens with iPhone 5, I guess.

rubberduck007
Oct 31, 10:36 AM
There's a 2GB Shuffle? ermmmmm.... cool!
owengot
Mar 23, 08:59 AM
I'll always remember Serlet for his hilarious presentation of Mac OS X Tiger at WWDC.. "Redmond, start your photocopiers" :)
tedesco24
Apr 4, 08:58 AM
Where do I find the TV out settings on my ipod nano? My goal is to watch slideshows I create with the macbook on my TV. I've read that I can move the slideshows onto the ipod and use RCA cables to view on the TV. Is this true? Any other suggestions or better ways to accomplish this goal? I also have an iphone 3gs if that works better.
ucfgrad93
Dec 1, 11:02 AM
On my MBP.
jsf8x
Dec 25, 12:53 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/stratocaster.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/fifa11_boxart.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/p8679630v380.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/DZ1131_main.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/DF68D681A9DE46C9B1BFF3AF06BA63E0_12001.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/0961006021_frt_wmd_001.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/Canon400D_main.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/fifa11_boxart.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/p8679630v380.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/DZ1131_main.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/DF68D681A9DE46C9B1BFF3AF06BA63E0_12001.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/0961006021_frt_wmd_001.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x159/eliteguard98/Canon400D_main.jpg
AppliedVisual
Nov 2, 04:43 PM
apple says no, and i can confirm this on my new 2nd gen shuffle. there is a slight gap.
Yep... Confirmed here too. But for the size, design and price of this little unit I just can't find anything to complain about. ...The laser engraving could have been a bit bigger, but hey I can read it just fine - just my name and phone number in case I lose it at the gym.
Yep... Confirmed here too. But for the size, design and price of this little unit I just can't find anything to complain about. ...The laser engraving could have been a bit bigger, but hey I can read it just fine - just my name and phone number in case I lose it at the gym.
bchreng
Mar 31, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, my screen was full of fingerprints so I wiped it off with my shirt and now it feels sticky when swiping. I also didn't use any cleaning solution. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any ideas on how to make the surface smooth again?


No comments:
Post a Comment