Wednesday, June 1, 2011

snowflake tattoo

snowflake tattoo. season snowflakes will be
  • season snowflakes will be



  • Crager724
    Oct 5, 05:40 PM
    I am not a webdesigner so could someone explain the TEXTAREA upgrade? It sounded like a good idea when I read it, but it seems to have struck a nerve with a couple people, and I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it would be like if I went to an art auction and bought a painting by Monet, I bring the painting home and realize that the wallspace I have for it isn't wide enough, so I grab a corner of the painting a pull it down, hence making it skinnier and fitting my wall? Nobody would ever consider doing that to a Monet, yet isn't this what the new TEXTAREA feature does?





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake tattoo by Miguel
  • Snowflake tattoo by Miguel



  • steviem
    Aug 1, 03:54 PM
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4850885814_c573ddf65e_b.jpg

    My niece, as she's an August baby. My fianc�e and I are too, so I might add a photo of her into the August desktop album too :)





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake tattoo
  • Snowflake tattoo



  • Lord Blackadder
    Jan 20, 01:42 PM
    The Golf GTD is brilliant... I think it's a better everyday car than the GTI, I test drove one (no intention of buying, but something to do on a Sunday afternoon) and its in-gear performance is proper... :eek: And it's far more sophisticated looking than the GTI too.

    That said, it's a shame that VW haven't launched a Polo GTD... yet, IMHO the Polo GTI is the true spiritual successor to the MK I Golf GTI, more compact, lighter with an absolute peach of an engine... a GTD would offer comparable performance, but with extraordinary fuel efficiency. :eek: The Polo's better looking too... ;)

    If the GTD was available in North America, it would be my first choice for a new car. I think the GTD is the kind of car I've been waiting for someone to build for years. Too bad it will never, ever come here. :(

    I agree with you on the Polo. Frankly VW could really hit the ground running in the small car race here in the states if they federalized the Polo. It's fuel economy numbers would compete well with the hybrids, and it's simpler and cheaper. But, as I posted at the beginning of this thread, VW's strategy is focused in a totally different direction. VW seems to be gambling that the small car/hybrid craze in the US is a short-term fad, and that once the economy improves people will go back to wanting big, cheap cars. That's especially depressing considering that VW is the only manufacturer in the US who sells reasonably priced diesel cars, and one of the few (the only?) that has always kept a small hatch in the lineup.


    I simply don't agree with this at all. You're basically saying that the Altima's 4 banger is inefficient which couldn't be further from the truth. I can drive to Phoenix, AZ from San Diego, CA - a distance of ~500 miles - on half a tank.

    Frankly I'm skeptical. I owned a 1999 Altima GXE with a manual transmition. Great great car for what it was. I'd still be driving it if some drunken moron in a truck hadn't totaled it. Anyways, my Altima was equipped with a different engine (KA24DE 4-cylinder, 2.4L) but was about the same size as your engine. It weighed slightly less, about 250lbs or so. Under normal driving conditions I could manage 30-31mpg combined cycle. On the highway, if I kept the speed down, I could do 35mpg (my best numbers were from a 360 mile trip @60mph - 39.5mpg). I had a 15.9 gallon tank, which meant I could get just about 500 miles on a tank of gas (I was brave once and drove 492 miles on one tank before I chickened out).

    I don't know which year Altima you have, but you have a 20 gallon fuel tank and depending on what year, your EPA mileage is between 20-23 city and 27-32 highway. I'll grant you the 32mpg number because my Altima did better than the EPA numbers. 32mpg will get you 320 miles on half a tank. Heck, I'll even give you my best 39.5mpg number - but that still only gets you 395 miles on half a tank. In order to go 500 miles on half a tank of gas, you'd have to be getting 50mpg. And I don't believe that. I don't know of a single gasoline-powered car that can go 1000 miles on one full tank.

    The Altima's engine is not particularly inefficient, but the car weighs 3000lbs. A smaller car with a smaller engine has the potential to get better fuel economy.

    I don't call that inefficient at all, especially since I know for a fact that a Prius can't do that. Also the Versa's engine is a 2.0 which should be less powerful but in theory more efficient than the Altima, except for aerodynamics. It's just not. The only advantage the Versa has over the Altima is the interior roof trim - it really does cut wind noise better than the Altima. Beyond that, the Versa is an overpriced piece of crap, quite frankly.

    I've never driven one, so I can't say one way or the other. It's 400+lbs lighter than the Altima, probably less aerodynamic, and the 1.8L engine has 50ish less horsepower.

    But it's not all small cars in the US that suck. Honda and Acura have been making efficient small cars for years. I don't agree that the small car market is ignored - rather, it's not focused on. Diesel, in my opinion, is a failed market out here. Great concept, but there just isn't enough steam behind it. I applaud Volkswagen for trying. But the reality is that everyone has it wrong. The answer isn't petrol because it's limited, it isn't electric because capacity is at a premium, and it isn't hybrid because the cost is prohibitive. The answer lies in the very thing that surrounds us constantly. I'm afraid I just won't be alive to see people realize it.

    The thing is, diesel isn't just a great concept - it's every bit as proven as gasoline-engined cars. It's been in use for over 100 years.

    Buy the way, the 2007 Civic's real-world mileage is no better than my 1999 Altima's was, so I don't think Honda has a lockdown on fuel economy. I find it odd that you don't seem to think size has any effect on fuel economy. Some small cars are probably less efficient than they could be, but a larger car is always going to be potentially less efficient.





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake Tattoo Ideas
  • Snowflake Tattoo Ideas



  • Al Coholic
    Apr 27, 05:07 PM
    Then writing it up and trying to make it intelligible when this is a very high-tech topic took a few days. And here we are less than a week later."


    Translation: We are Apple. We know you're stupid.



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. TribalCeltic Snowflake Tattoo2
  • TribalCeltic Snowflake Tattoo2



  • snberk103
    Jan 13, 03:59 PM
    I wanted to be bad, I would point out that VW seems to be betting a lot money that what Americans want in a car is bigger and cheaper (in both senses of the word)...

    But that might be considered baiting an easy target.... :rolleyes:





    snowflake tattoo. white snowflake tattoo
  • white snowflake tattoo



  • Macaddicttt
    Mar 16, 06:26 PM
    Yes, and they're all just bleeding heart emotional responses, and i don't buy into that crap. Sorry, but my opinion on this isn't changing. Funny, the polls say non-religious people between the age of 18-29 are most likely to support the death penalty, and that's exactly where i fit.

    Again, have you read the thread? I wasn't aware, "It costs more to execute someone than keep him in prison for life," was a "bleeding heart emotional response." I also didn't think, "It's impossible to be 100% certain," was emotional either. Funny, to me, these arguments seemed pretty fact-based. The only one with an emotional response is you, demanding blood.



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake tattoo
  • Snowflake tattoo



  • sassenach74
    Jul 10, 07:23 PM
    Oh well, no responses....on the bright side it could mean a better chance of me getting my hands on one :p





    snowflake tattoo. snowflake tattoo designs.
  • snowflake tattoo designs.



  • trekkie604
    Dec 24, 01:02 PM
    $1000 bonus cheque from work :D



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. Snowflakes Tattoo Photo
  • Snowflakes Tattoo Photo



  • mashinhead
    Mar 10, 07:46 PM
    I use VLC, Gimp, and SKYPE and Wiretap, altough streamRipper (which i discovered here) Seems much better cos it breaks up the tracks for you. I bought AirFoil, cos its a great concept. but there is a delay, so its sux for dvds and stuff.





    snowflake tattoo. has seven other tattoos,
  • has seven other tattoos,



  • alexbasson
    Apr 6, 02:08 PM
    I think it's funny all the comments about "is that enough?" I think this proves two things...


    1. Most people don't quite understand just how much a million/billion/trillion of something is.

    2. People think that this 12PB amount must have been decided upon arbitrarily, as if Apple didn't do a crapload of research to decide what a good starting amount would be.

    Here's another good visual representation of trillion, in dollars:
    What does a trillion dollars look like? (http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html)

    Here's what I understand about how much 12 PB is: My own video/music collection is a shade over 3 TB. That's .025% of 12 PB, and that's not taking RAID or similar backup/redundancy solutions into account. Considering how many movies and TV shows I don't own, 12 PB doesn't seem like all that much to me, if you're trying to be a media provider.

    I'm generally inclined to trust that Apple knows what it's doing, and I'm sure they did their research well. When I wonder if this will be "enough", this implies that I have some expectations, or at the least hopes, for Apple's plans for this storage capacity. Point being: 12 PB may not be enough for what I'm hoping Apple will offer in the near future, which implies that Apple may not be planning what I'd hoped they were planning.



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake Tattoos - Tatted in
  • Snowflake Tattoos - Tatted in



  • *LTD*
    Apr 27, 01:19 PM
    It was funny to me when this started and people were talking about jailbreaking and making it so this file could not be written.

    People were actually willing to make their phones not work properly because of their ignorance and paranoia.

    By the way I missing the part were Jobs said this was an oversight on Apple's part. From the part quoted here, it essentially says, working as intended.

    The issue is being deliberately overblown. There are a myriad other ways people are and have been "tracked". In this case, there isn't even any tracking going on, and the info that is stored WILL HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON THE AVERAGE USER. That's the kicker. It doesn't really affect anyone materially, tangibly, practically. But it *hints* that somewhere, somehow, there's a log indicating you were in the vicinity of certain cell phone towers. Which is about as worrisome as HR at work logging your hours!

    The info is practically useless in terms of actually "tracking" your exact position, but so long as there is a snowball's chance of misconstruing it, a bunch of idiots *will* misconstrue it . . . because they're sick and tired of Apple showing up the rest of the industry as retards, and Apple users announcing the same. We have a group of tech geeks here who think everyone is equal, every device is wonderful and has its place, and every company should play fair with each other. So they come out and try to equalize everything and downplay enthusiasm they deem as inappropriate. It's hilarious.





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflakes Vellum Layered
  • Snowflakes Vellum Layered



  • JASApplications
    Apr 30, 11:48 AM
    There are many saying that the new iPhone 5 will cater more to the gamer people. So if someone is not into gaming, would it make sense to spend money and upgrade to the 5?

    Rumours are rumours. Make your decision when the iPhone 5 is released.



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. SnowflakeTattoo007.jpg
  • SnowflakeTattoo007.jpg



  • Philalbe
    Mar 20, 09:02 AM
    The larger projects are the ones you make your money on. Little jobs sometimes hardly warrant all the time in initial consultation, doing quotes, invoices, possibly banking cheques and other admin. So don't necessarily turn down good work, but just make sure you're setting your prices, not him. Charge him for every minute of author's corrections too, and make sure that's written on the quote that he signs to accept the job.

    Oh, and I forgot to say before, if you do decide to take on any more work from him, make sure you get paid for these jobs first! He could be a non-payer, and then you'll really know what a nightmare client is all about!

    Hi. Thanks for the advice. I definitely won't lift a finger towards another job until he pays for this one. I made sure he paid up for the logo before I started the site concept. Overall the guy gives me bad vibes. My other clients are always happy with the end result and we interact civilly. If this guy talks down to me one more, I'll politely cut him loose. Who needs the headache. :) Thanks again!





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake Tattoo Designs.
  • Snowflake Tattoo Designs.



  • Wes
    Feb 12, 03:13 PM
    I hope this doesn't signal the end of edesign's stabs at newbies with comical macros :(.



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake tattoo
  • Snowflake tattoo



  • WiiDSmoker
    Apr 7, 08:36 AM
    This is getting ridiculous





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflake Tattoo($0L)
  • Snowflake Tattoo($0L)



  • BillyBobBongo
    Oct 6, 04:14 AM
    Mine for the moment.

    I really like that, gonna go make myself a version of this now! :)



    more...


    snowflake tattoo. snowflake tattoo designs.
  • snowflake tattoo designs.



  • youshotandywarh
    Feb 4, 12:29 AM
    I've had my 5th gen. iPod video for about five years now, and it's treated me well; until last night. I was lying in bed listening to music, and I wanted to skip the song, so I pushed the forward button. Nothing happens. I try it again; the iPod freezes for about 20 seconds, then totally powers down, and makes a clicking noise (sounds like a drive maybe?).

    Now, every time I turn the iPod on, I get the Apple logo, and it immediately goes to the "Connect to your computer, use iTunes to restore" screen, and after about 10 seconds, it powers off, again making the same whine/click noise. It's in a loop with this.

    If I plug it into my computer, it doesn't read whatsoever; nothing on my desktop, nothing in iTunes, but the iPod itself goes to disk mode with a white screen and a "do not disconnect" sign. I cannot seem to get it out of disk mode, let alone get my computer to recognize it, so I can't restore it. I have a Macbook, and I've tried to restore it using other computers (several Windows systems) and it recognizes a "USB mass storage device", but doesn't appear in iTunes or anywhere else.

    I've tried doing the manual reset, tried diagnostics mode, and to no avail. It's stuck in disk mode in a perpetual loop every time I turn it on, and NO computers will recognize it.

    I have a really old 3GB iPod mini that I got years ago, so that's been my replacement for the past 24 hours— problem is, 3GB hardly compares to the 30GB that was on my iPod video; I can't even fit a quarter of my library on it. I'm kind of upset about it, I mean, I know that 5 years is quite awhile, but I've taken extremely good care of the device. It's been in a protective case ever since I got it, and I rarely drop it. I use it about every day. Any ideas on what I can do? To my understanding, if the hard drive has crashed, a sad iPod logo will appear, and that hasn't happened yet, so... who knows? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I don't really want to pay Apple to repair it because I may as well buy a new iPod (which I won't be able to do for quite awhile, broke college student here).





    snowflake tattoo. Snowflakes Tattoo
  • Snowflakes Tattoo



  • Sparky8
    Apr 14, 05:03 AM
    Anyone else looking forward to this?





    snowflake tattoo. A small snowflake tattoo on
  • A small snowflake tattoo on



  • meepm00pmeep
    Oct 22, 04:10 PM
    At the risk of sounding rude, this is exactly the type of thinking that makes those of us who make our living as designers squirm in our chairs. The concept of a user being able to resize elements that we have sized for a particular reason is awful. Yes, of couse there are many poorly designed webpages out there, but that doesn't mean users should have the ability to alter the appearance and layout of any page they want. If a page is designed poorly, write to the webmaster and let him/her know why you think it's poor and how they might fix it. Toying with people's designs is opening a terrible can of worms. Let qualified, educated designers build web pages, and let users view them and critique them if necessary, but don't blur the line. We've all seen what happens when you allow that line to blur (ahem... MySpace!)

    agreed





    MacSA
    Mar 10, 04:41 PM
    iPulse (http://www.iconfactory.com/ip_home.asp) is a nice little app. I use it as a clock/system monitor.

    "Using its concise and pleasing user interface, iPulse graphically displays the inner workings of Mac OS X on the desktop or in the dock. The entire user interface is completely configurable so you can turn off gauges you don't want, leaving only what you are interested in for easy viewing."

    It's not free.........





    maxterpiece
    Feb 23, 10:49 AM
    6 posts per day adds up to a lot if you keep it up for five years straight

    i am at just under 4 1/2 posts per day and in my 5th year here, i am approaching 7500 total posts...i hope that makes me a "602" :)

    I don't think there ever was a ppc 602 processor... at least in a mac. Am I wrong? 601, 603e and 604 (SWEET!).





    tutiplain
    Apr 29, 04:59 PM
    Hi everyone,





    Johnner1999
    May 4, 09:01 PM
    Refurbished iPhone 4s in stores?





    bdkennedy1
    Apr 24, 11:39 PM
    HOOOORAY!!!! Who cares anymore.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Entertainment Blogs
    Entertainment blog