gc4me
07-08 04:22 PM
Spouse will have to be in relation for 3 years even after getting GC. Or else upon request, GC of the spouse can be revoked by USCIS.
dkshitij
02-07 01:38 PM
The video can be found at Immigration Policy - C-SPAN Video Library (http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/ImmigrationPolicy19)
Euclid
02-12 10:07 AM
Hi Ann,
Thanks so much!
Hi Euclid,
In my opinion, your situation clearly falls within the "receipt rule". The rec't for replacement of the lost EAD is good for up to 90 days. Below is an excerpt from the the most recent I-9 Handbook for Employers published by USCIS. This pretty clearly differentiates between a rec't for an initial or renewal application and a rec't for an application to replace a lost document.
Ann
Q When can employees present receipts for documents in lieu of actual documents establishing employment authorization?
A The �receipt rule� is designed to cover situations in which an employee is employment autho- rized at the time of initial hire or reverification, but he or she is not in possession of a document listed on page 5 of Form I-9. Receipts showing that a person has applied for an initial grant of employment authorization or for renewal of employment authorization are not acceptable.
An individual may present a receipt in lieu of a document listed on Form I-9 to complete Section 2 of Form I-9.The receipt is valid for a temporary period.There are three different documents that qualify as receipts under the rule:
32
1.
A receipt for a replacement document when the document has been lost, stolen, or damaged.The receipt is valid for 90 days, after which the individual must present the
replacement document to complete Form I-9.
Note: This rule does not apply to individuals who pres- ent receipts for new documents following the expiration of their previously held document.
Thanks so much!
Hi Euclid,
In my opinion, your situation clearly falls within the "receipt rule". The rec't for replacement of the lost EAD is good for up to 90 days. Below is an excerpt from the the most recent I-9 Handbook for Employers published by USCIS. This pretty clearly differentiates between a rec't for an initial or renewal application and a rec't for an application to replace a lost document.
Ann
Q When can employees present receipts for documents in lieu of actual documents establishing employment authorization?
A The �receipt rule� is designed to cover situations in which an employee is employment autho- rized at the time of initial hire or reverification, but he or she is not in possession of a document listed on page 5 of Form I-9. Receipts showing that a person has applied for an initial grant of employment authorization or for renewal of employment authorization are not acceptable.
An individual may present a receipt in lieu of a document listed on Form I-9 to complete Section 2 of Form I-9.The receipt is valid for a temporary period.There are three different documents that qualify as receipts under the rule:
32
1.
A receipt for a replacement document when the document has been lost, stolen, or damaged.The receipt is valid for 90 days, after which the individual must present the
replacement document to complete Form I-9.
Note: This rule does not apply to individuals who pres- ent receipts for new documents following the expiration of their previously held document.
gv007
06-19 06:28 PM
Im still stuck neck deep in the PBEC quagmire.
for PBEC - What numbers are you guys calling ?
GA RIR
PD - Oct 2003
NOF - received March,
NOF - PBEC received April 2
still IN PROCESS
My HR called DBEC to get the final status of LC. They replied that "notice of forward" had been issued and since there is no query from that position. They have asked my Hr to call in 15 days to hear the final status.
Have you guys heard anything like "notice of forward"( it was something like this)...
These LC people in dallas are killing me..!
DB
for PBEC - What numbers are you guys calling ?
GA RIR
PD - Oct 2003
NOF - received March,
NOF - PBEC received April 2
still IN PROCESS
My HR called DBEC to get the final status of LC. They replied that "notice of forward" had been issued and since there is no query from that position. They have asked my Hr to call in 15 days to hear the final status.
Have you guys heard anything like "notice of forward"( it was something like this)...
These LC people in dallas are killing me..!
DB
more...
frostrated
06-25 12:56 PM
you need to be physically present in the country when you apply for your AP. you can either have the uscis send it to your address in india, a consular post in india or your address here in the US. i would suggest you have it sent to your address here in the US and then have one of your friends send it by fedex to india. dont use regular post as it might get misplaed or lost, which means you are stuck.
if you are planning to return before your current AP expires, then you dont need a new AP. might as well wait until later this year when they are planning to bring out a new EAD card that also has AP approval in it.
if you are planning to return before your current AP expires, then you dont need a new AP. might as well wait until later this year when they are planning to bring out a new EAD card that also has AP approval in it.
go_guy123
04-30 03:42 AM
Yes getting her here on an F1 Visa is your best option. You can hv the wedding in India but she shd not disclose abt her wedding and shd cm here on her maiden name and after afew months you can hv a registered marriage here. That is what my cousin did and they flew together to US.
This is totaly wrong. In fact if at a later stage this is found out (as it will) he/she can lose GC as well on grounds of perjury(false declaration).
This is totaly wrong. In fact if at a later stage this is found out (as it will) he/she can lose GC as well on grounds of perjury(false declaration).
more...
greatzolin
10-24 01:27 PM
Mine got ordered and then got approved on back on october 1st but still I have not received it yet. We have AP but not my EAD card. Anyone in same boat?
Thanks in advance!
Salud!
Thanks in advance!
Salud!
shahuja
02-06 09:02 PM
hello ..EVERYBODY..need help..
this is the email came from my lawyer today..for the inquiry they did with the consulate regarding my visa.
Hi Shweta,
We understand how frustrating this is for you. We received a response to our inquiry with the consulate. It seems the application is being kept pending for additional administrative processing. The stated reason for the review falls within the law under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Under these circumstances, we typically see that the government issues a notice to the applicant wherein additional information is often requested. Kindly advise if you have received any notification from the consulate on this issue.
Best regards,
IS ADMIN PROC DIFFERENT FROM ADD ADMIN PROC ???
also the same day i called DOS and they told me case was approved already in jan..so that means that now more processing needs to be done ??
ADVICE ??
this is the email came from my lawyer today..for the inquiry they did with the consulate regarding my visa.
Hi Shweta,
We understand how frustrating this is for you. We received a response to our inquiry with the consulate. It seems the application is being kept pending for additional administrative processing. The stated reason for the review falls within the law under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Under these circumstances, we typically see that the government issues a notice to the applicant wherein additional information is often requested. Kindly advise if you have received any notification from the consulate on this issue.
Best regards,
IS ADMIN PROC DIFFERENT FROM ADD ADMIN PROC ???
also the same day i called DOS and they told me case was approved already in jan..so that means that now more processing needs to be done ??
ADVICE ??
more...
kkmajid
10-16 01:43 PM
Hi
I am currently a masters student in an american university. My
graduation is in May 2007. I am planning to apply for H1B visa soon
after.
1. Assuming that my H1B status is approved and I recieve my H1B papers
by October, how long should I wait until my employer can file for my
greencard application?
2. It is been announced that the premium processing for the labor
certification is available. This means that there is 2 week decesion
instead of months like before. Therefore how much would be the time
from after the application will I be able to change my status from H1B
to permanent resident and recieve my greencard? Does the premium
processing shorten the time?
Kambi
I am currently a masters student in an american university. My
graduation is in May 2007. I am planning to apply for H1B visa soon
after.
1. Assuming that my H1B status is approved and I recieve my H1B papers
by October, how long should I wait until my employer can file for my
greencard application?
2. It is been announced that the premium processing for the labor
certification is available. This means that there is 2 week decesion
instead of months like before. Therefore how much would be the time
from after the application will I be able to change my status from H1B
to permanent resident and recieve my greencard? Does the premium
processing shorten the time?
Kambi
arrarrgee
07-17 02:20 PM
Its actually Her...:) Murthy is a She
Screw Murthy !!! I have never seen him picking up any good news.
Screw Murthy !!! I have never seen him picking up any good news.
more...
mpadapa
08-09 02:30 PM
bump
GCDelay
11-30 11:34 AM
xxxx
more...
SunnySurya
08-03 08:32 PM
Looks like they (TSC) are now processing July 3rd onwards. Any July 2nd filler , filled at TSC still waiting. Also do you know if your name check was cleared.
senthil1
12-06 11:42 PM
I think Eb2 is much better. Retrogression is hardly more than 3 years and moves fast sometimes. Best thing is get a preapproved labor if available in your company
more...

willigetagc
08-19 09:27 AM
Folks,
I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.
PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW
relax until the new biometrics notice comes. Chances are it never will. The CSR you spoke to probably did'nt read/know the new rules.
I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.
PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW
relax until the new biometrics notice comes. Chances are it never will. The CSR you spoke to probably did'nt read/know the new rules.
lazycis
11-30 11:54 AM
It usually takes a long time for them to fix their own mistakes. So do not lose sleep over it. Write to the director of the service center. If that does not help, complain to CIS Ombudsman
more...
akred
06-02 09:18 PM
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics....
Is Statistics included in "Mathematics"? It is clear that Engineering, Technology and Science cover a lot of majors.
Does anyone have a list of majors included or any other information on this issue?
Thanks.
I posted the list sometime ago. Do a search for "list of stem disciplines" on the forums.
Is Statistics included in "Mathematics"? It is clear that Engineering, Technology and Science cover a lot of majors.
Does anyone have a list of majors included or any other information on this issue?
Thanks.
I posted the list sometime ago. Do a search for "list of stem disciplines" on the forums.
jsb
01-21 09:07 AM
hi dionysus
i got this from some requirement agencies
If it really has some source of information (and is not a pure rumour), then it may come out as some kind of order that PD cutoff dates can only be moved forward (i.e. no retrogression). We all know, moving dates like a yoyo does not make any sense. It only tells that decision makers over there just don't know what they are doing. This order might force them to think and work before issuing new cutoff dates.
i got this from some requirement agencies
If it really has some source of information (and is not a pure rumour), then it may come out as some kind of order that PD cutoff dates can only be moved forward (i.e. no retrogression). We all know, moving dates like a yoyo does not make any sense. It only tells that decision makers over there just don't know what they are doing. This order might force them to think and work before issuing new cutoff dates.
narikg
06-15 11:09 PM
Passport should be valid for more than 6 months for applying I 485.
If somebody can answer that would begreat
If somebody can answer that would begreat
kaisersose
07-26 03:20 PM
Can one change status without AOS receipt. I saw I 539 (change of status) form and It is written to gove more specifics if you applied for permanent residency
Just mention you applied for 485 and you are waiting a receipt. Use the bright colored paper option they recommended for such situations.
Just mention you applied for 485 and you are waiting a receipt. Use the bright colored paper option they recommended for such situations.
atul555
05-07 01:14 PM
Me and my wife also have LUD on 04/23/2009. And my priority date is Nov 2004
I think based on the information on other threads its usually normal nothing
can be derived of that LUD.
Wow, it seems a theme is developing here. I also had a soft Lud yesterday, and I am in 04 priority date, like so many of you here. It's possible they are looking at the cases pending more than 4-5 years old.
I think based on the information on other threads its usually normal nothing
can be derived of that LUD.
Wow, it seems a theme is developing here. I also had a soft Lud yesterday, and I am in 04 priority date, like so many of you here. It's possible they are looking at the cases pending more than 4-5 years old.


No comments:
Post a Comment