frostrated
07-09 01:26 PM
Dear Mr. ------:
Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. The need to fix our broken system is clear, and I appreciate having the benefit of your insight on one of the most important issues of our day.
Immigration reform must ultimately be about improving our system for legal immigration, not about creating new benefits for illegal aliens. Although we are a proud nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. If policymakers will agree that all immigrants must abide by the rule of law, then we can reach a consensus on ways to improve the legal process so that it meets the needs of our society, our economy, and our national security.
During the 110th Congress, the Senate considered comprehensive immigration reform legislation (S. 1639). I had serious concerns that the legislation, as drafted, would have repeated the well documented mistakes of the 1986 amnesty bill. Furthermore, Senators were not allowed the full opportunity to offer amendments to this flawed legislation, and as such, I was one of 53 Senators who voted against the cloture motion to bring S. 1639 to a vote.
I have been working throughout my time in the Senate to develop a solution to this problem that I believe will work. I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/immigration for more information regarding the immigration reforms I support. As we consider immigration reform proposals in the future, I will continue to promote these policies, but I will oppose any bill that rewards illegal conduct and encourages further disrespect for our laws.
I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.
Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
i have sent him about three emails. The response is the same - word for word. If they see any immigration related email from a constituent, all they get is this canned response. Sen. Conryn is anti-immgrant for all I know and care.
Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. The need to fix our broken system is clear, and I appreciate having the benefit of your insight on one of the most important issues of our day.
Immigration reform must ultimately be about improving our system for legal immigration, not about creating new benefits for illegal aliens. Although we are a proud nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. If policymakers will agree that all immigrants must abide by the rule of law, then we can reach a consensus on ways to improve the legal process so that it meets the needs of our society, our economy, and our national security.
During the 110th Congress, the Senate considered comprehensive immigration reform legislation (S. 1639). I had serious concerns that the legislation, as drafted, would have repeated the well documented mistakes of the 1986 amnesty bill. Furthermore, Senators were not allowed the full opportunity to offer amendments to this flawed legislation, and as such, I was one of 53 Senators who voted against the cloture motion to bring S. 1639 to a vote.
I have been working throughout my time in the Senate to develop a solution to this problem that I believe will work. I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/immigration for more information regarding the immigration reforms I support. As we consider immigration reform proposals in the future, I will continue to promote these policies, but I will oppose any bill that rewards illegal conduct and encourages further disrespect for our laws.
I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.
Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
i have sent him about three emails. The response is the same - word for word. If they see any immigration related email from a constituent, all they get is this canned response. Sen. Conryn is anti-immgrant for all I know and care.

techbuyer77
06-12 07:26 PM
evl is employment veriication letter
My new employer does not do any type of sponsorship and I was going to go to the previous employer, but they are not doing very good now:(
My new employer does not do any type of sponsorship and I was going to go to the previous employer, but they are not doing very good now:(
a2k2
12-21 11:52 AM
You can read my experience in below link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum74-medical-exams-and-related-issues/932849-i-485-interview.html
To answer your questions, yes they interviewed me and my wife together. Attorney is not critical, our attorney did not accompany us - one reason id because he is in Atlanta whole I'm in NJ. Yes he can approve and stamp your passport right then if everything goes fine. Our PD was not current back then so he said he could not do it.
But in our case even though he said our applications were through and should get our GC as soon as it becomes current I had to wait for 4 months to get GC after it became current and after contacting every possible office. But that was my luck :rolleyes:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum74-medical-exams-and-related-issues/932849-i-485-interview.html
To answer your questions, yes they interviewed me and my wife together. Attorney is not critical, our attorney did not accompany us - one reason id because he is in Atlanta whole I'm in NJ. Yes he can approve and stamp your passport right then if everything goes fine. Our PD was not current back then so he said he could not do it.
But in our case even though he said our applications were through and should get our GC as soon as it becomes current I had to wait for 4 months to get GC after it became current and after contacting every possible office. But that was my luck :rolleyes:

Sakthisagar
06-07 08:44 AM
Hi,
If you are entering Unites States now on H1B then, you should get 3 Years, I think as per law you do not have to extend your visa after 2.5 months. Please discuss this with your company Attorney (Lawyer) regarding this. because if one takes vacation days on H1B that is not counted on 3 years of H1B so I think you can demand 3 years in stead of extending. because of the administrative mess USCIS does why one suffer?
All the very best to you.
Welcome to the USA
may GOD Bless
If you are entering Unites States now on H1B then, you should get 3 Years, I think as per law you do not have to extend your visa after 2.5 months. Please discuss this with your company Attorney (Lawyer) regarding this. because if one takes vacation days on H1B that is not counted on 3 years of H1B so I think you can demand 3 years in stead of extending. because of the administrative mess USCIS does why one suffer?
All the very best to you.
Welcome to the USA
may GOD Bless
more...

thomachan72
09-04 08:46 AM
Hello,
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.
Did you leave the country on your own will or were you let go by the employer? Just curious. Hope things work out.
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.
Did you leave the country on your own will or were you let go by the employer? Just curious. Hope things work out.
newbie2020
08-11 09:47 AM
Since it is a new H1 I would say unless the petitioning employer is not co-operating, Then you don't have any other choice. You need to wait until next April for new H1.
Did u try to go to another consulate, Say Mumbai or Chennai or Kolkata.
I am not sure if that would work, since i have heard that consulate will sometimes hold the passport and/or stamp on the back that this application was received.
If you are able to go to another consulate go ahead and check your luck, sometimes they don't ask anything for documentation (This happened with me twice)
Did u try to go to another consulate, Say Mumbai or Chennai or Kolkata.
I am not sure if that would work, since i have heard that consulate will sometimes hold the passport and/or stamp on the back that this application was received.
If you are able to go to another consulate go ahead and check your luck, sometimes they don't ask anything for documentation (This happened with me twice)
more...
stucklabor
03-16 12:09 PM
Is filing for 485 to get EAD etc really fraud? I mean it is their JOB to weed out the priority dates that are not current :). Besides if anyone is at fault it is the immigration lawyers.
Eb3_nepa, read my post closely; read the report as well, and then post again.
I said frivolous filing of I485, nothing to do with priority date not being current. If the priority date is not current then you are not going to get EAD. Let me give you an example. You could make up a job description that got through labor cert, but for which you don't have the qualifications for. You can concurrent file I140/I485 and get EAD even though your application has no chance of passing. If your lawyer is OK with it - after all, why do they care as long as they get the fee - you have just wasted USCIS' time.
Eb3_nepa, read my post closely; read the report as well, and then post again.
I said frivolous filing of I485, nothing to do with priority date not being current. If the priority date is not current then you are not going to get EAD. Let me give you an example. You could make up a job description that got through labor cert, but for which you don't have the qualifications for. You can concurrent file I140/I485 and get EAD even though your application has no chance of passing. If your lawyer is OK with it - after all, why do they care as long as they get the fee - you have just wasted USCIS' time.
lskreddy
07-01 06:17 PM
I think in your second case (cpy B), you can apply for PP. As long as your first app does not impact ability to apply, you should be eligible. Check with your lawyer.
more...
mgos
07-21 10:10 AM
Legislatively, is there a way the bill can be revived? If so, can we involve the democrats by lobbying through the south asian/indian caucas?

akred
04-11 03:33 PM
IMO conventional is always better unless you are buying a condo. Few people stick with their loan long enough to recoup the cost of the initial mortgage insurance.
Conventional loans are not harder to get with a low down payment. Best to shop around to find a lender who can meet your terms.
Conventional loans are not harder to get with a low down payment. Best to shop around to find a lender who can meet your terms.
more...
srt57
02-14 02:08 PM
My PERM LC got approved recently(two weeks back). In my case its MS+0 years. My attorney says this will qualify for EB2. MY job title is Computer Software Engineer.
Which center did you file PERM with and how long did it take to process? Any audits or business necessity documentation required?
Which center did you file PERM with and how long did it take to process? Any audits or business necessity documentation required?
LostInGCProcess
11-06 02:47 PM
Guys,
I wonder if anyone has any info about this.
A friend comes here on h-1b. She works for 6 years on h1 and files for adjustment of status. She can't do 7th year due to PERM filed and approved less than a year ago. Now, her H-1B expired and she is her as AOS pending, without H1. Now, she is afraid there may be something wrong with her 485 and wants to switch back to H-1b. Can she do it? Can she do go back to H-1B status? The thing is that now her Perm and I140 are approved and she is entitled to 7th H-1B extension, but she is an "Adjustee". Please let me know if anyone was able to change from AOS to H-1B without leaving the US. Thank you for you info.
glus, Since she now has an approved I140, she is eligible for a 3 year H1 extension, provided her PD is not current. She need not be continuously be on H1 to be eligible for applying H1 for the 7th year.
Once you get the H1 paper, you would have to enter the US, so that the status changes from "Adjustee" to "admitted" i.e., H1 status...or, if the H-1B paper come with the I-94 stub, you need not travel out and get it.
I wonder if anyone has any info about this.
A friend comes here on h-1b. She works for 6 years on h1 and files for adjustment of status. She can't do 7th year due to PERM filed and approved less than a year ago. Now, her H-1B expired and she is her as AOS pending, without H1. Now, she is afraid there may be something wrong with her 485 and wants to switch back to H-1b. Can she do it? Can she do go back to H-1B status? The thing is that now her Perm and I140 are approved and she is entitled to 7th H-1B extension, but she is an "Adjustee". Please let me know if anyone was able to change from AOS to H-1B without leaving the US. Thank you for you info.
glus, Since she now has an approved I140, she is eligible for a 3 year H1 extension, provided her PD is not current. She need not be continuously be on H1 to be eligible for applying H1 for the 7th year.
Once you get the H1 paper, you would have to enter the US, so that the status changes from "Adjustee" to "admitted" i.e., H1 status...or, if the H-1B paper come with the I-94 stub, you need not travel out and get it.
more...
aranya
07-03 06:30 PM
So I have to join the new employer only after the new I-140 is approved right..my current I-140 is already approved..
You can move to a new employer and start EB-2 (PERM based LC, I-140 etc.) with them. You can still retain the old PD because your I-140 has been approved.
You can move to a new employer and start EB-2 (PERM based LC, I-140 etc.) with them. You can still retain the old PD because your I-140 has been approved.

snathan
05-20 12:28 PM
Its part of a puzzle game.
She is posting one fraction of the question one site, other fractions on other site.
Now you have to assemble all pieces together and respond to her.
If you win, you get to date her. She is only looking for smart guys and this explains the plot :D
If you win, her husband will be after you...:D
She is posting one fraction of the question one site, other fractions on other site.
Now you have to assemble all pieces together and respond to her.
If you win, you get to date her. She is only looking for smart guys and this explains the plot :D
If you win, her husband will be after you...:D
more...
aarbi
06-27 12:46 PM
syendu1, what is your exact RD? They are processing Dec 06... knowing the date would be helpful. thanks
we_can
12-29 12:46 PM
Hi
In this line Can H-1 B or H-4 can Invest in Shares and Mutual funds DIRECTLY? not through ORP or other company institutions as there is no direct involvment of H-1 B employee.
You can invest in stocks, mutual funds, real estate or other investment vehicles with no problem and even receive the income from them. The restriction is only with you working, not investing.
In this line Can H-1 B or H-4 can Invest in Shares and Mutual funds DIRECTLY? not through ORP or other company institutions as there is no direct involvment of H-1 B employee.
You can invest in stocks, mutual funds, real estate or other investment vehicles with no problem and even receive the income from them. The restriction is only with you working, not investing.
more...
pappu
02-09 01:39 PM
Call up AILA and ask them what are your options. Do not tell them the lawyer name yet.
Contact the state bar of this lawyer. Each lawyer is licensed to practice in his state. call them up and ask for your options.
pls post your answers on this thread so that everyone can know how to deal with such lawyers and what rights (clients) have.
Contact the state bar of this lawyer. Each lawyer is licensed to practice in his state. call them up and ask for your options.
pls post your answers on this thread so that everyone can know how to deal with such lawyers and what rights (clients) have.
chalamurariusa
04-28 10:33 AM
I was hoping some one will be able to tell us something abt it but seems as no one has recd. a mail like that from USCIS.:confused:
sanprabhu
07-17 05:51 PM
Guys -
Senator Cornyn is proposing an amendment to the DOD bill SA 2143. I am not able to read the text of this in Senate.org. We may have to start our campaign again for a permanent fix soon.
NumbersUSA is reporting this in their website. Please we need to mobilize soon.
Senator Cornyn is proposing an amendment to the DOD bill SA 2143. I am not able to read the text of this in Senate.org. We may have to start our campaign again for a permanent fix soon.
NumbersUSA is reporting this in their website. Please we need to mobilize soon.
newyorker123
09-28 03:21 PM
How long did it take for you after filing the FOIA to get the concerned documents ?
Complex tracks(track 2) taking 2-3 months these days, like the one I requested for the complete set of documents in file of my I-485. They send me the CD with all the documents in PDF format.
But if you are looking for specific document I guess it will be faster as they put in simple track(track 1).
Complex tracks(track 2) taking 2-3 months these days, like the one I requested for the complete set of documents in file of my I-485. They send me the CD with all the documents in PDF format.
But if you are looking for specific document I guess it will be faster as they put in simple track(track 1).
venky08
09-25 09:50 AM
this is a good find! they need to have 3 year extensions on EAD
They have been talking about this since 2004 - http://www.murthy.com/news/n_extead.html - but nobody has done anything about it as far as I know.
They have been talking about this since 2004 - http://www.murthy.com/news/n_extead.html - but nobody has done anything about it as far as I know.


No comments:
Post a Comment