GotGoose?
04-12 04:39 PM
Cool, thanks! :D
talduk
March 24th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Thank so much for your reply. However, this was my first attempt with the camera so I used new batteries (six). Nontheless, I will try to change it.
Thanks.
Thanks.
javadeveloper
06-22 08:45 AM
Hello,
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
Tell the truth.AC21 is not mandatory.
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
Tell the truth.AC21 is not mandatory.
pappu
06-19 09:13 AM
See
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/US_I-485_RFE_Birth_Certificate
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/US_I-485_RFE_Birth_Certificate
more...
rsharma
10-11 09:08 PM
I am in H1B and more than five years. My employer is a mid size
private Indian company. They start bringing more and more L1B
people and post them in client location. Their LCA is for 55K and they
are paid only 30K even though the billing is in three digit. All the
accomodation, per diem are paid by the client. We are into one of
the XXX product and there is no custom product from our company.
Whats the best way to deal with this guys. Whom should send I the
complaint about this. What they are doing is a complete violation
of law.
So please guide and share you experience.
P.S. If you dont have any information, please stay away. Do not
start the H1 vs L1, Anti-immis troll alert. Thanks for your
understanding. This has nothing to do with the L1 employees.
Dear Friend I totally agree with you. I was with one of these employers and have moved away from them. As suggested by some members you can report about these fraudulent activities to DOL. I know it is dufficult to leave these employers as they make the employees to sign bonds and try to capture all the money that they have acquired in PF etc back in the native country.
These employers are to be blamed for the current economy condition of this country and the condition of immigrants like us.
I know there are some members in this forum who will try to shout you down and make you quite.
But I feel if one believe in what is right then one should go ahead irrespective of what others think.
private Indian company. They start bringing more and more L1B
people and post them in client location. Their LCA is for 55K and they
are paid only 30K even though the billing is in three digit. All the
accomodation, per diem are paid by the client. We are into one of
the XXX product and there is no custom product from our company.
Whats the best way to deal with this guys. Whom should send I the
complaint about this. What they are doing is a complete violation
of law.
So please guide and share you experience.
P.S. If you dont have any information, please stay away. Do not
start the H1 vs L1, Anti-immis troll alert. Thanks for your
understanding. This has nothing to do with the L1 employees.
Dear Friend I totally agree with you. I was with one of these employers and have moved away from them. As suggested by some members you can report about these fraudulent activities to DOL. I know it is dufficult to leave these employers as they make the employees to sign bonds and try to capture all the money that they have acquired in PF etc back in the native country.
These employers are to be blamed for the current economy condition of this country and the condition of immigrants like us.
I know there are some members in this forum who will try to shout you down and make you quite.
But I feel if one believe in what is right then one should go ahead irrespective of what others think.
ashwin_27
05-10 07:45 PM
Very Interesting set of links. We need to respond to each of these journalists thanking for any positive coverage but also highlighting the specific issues that is causign the backlog (7% per country limit and lack of visa recapture). We need to request that attention be paid to this aspect and how removal of per-country limit is neccessary to eliminate the greencard backlogs (and that visa recapture will at least provide limited relief). Most of such articles praise high-skilled immigrants but do not get to the root of the issue and the possible solutions. We need some folks to help with this IV media outreach. Please PM me if you are interested.
more...
agiyer
02-06 07:49 PM
Thanks for the replies....Working voluntarily, does it mean that you need to work only in Non-Profit Orgs? in my case, I was wondering whether it is legal to work voluntarily when in an H4 visa for a Private Audit Firm and you audit their customers but do not take any pay of any kind from anybody till you get your H1-B in Oct?
confu
12-04 02:25 PM
Noticed this article today. Thought some of us would love to roll your eyes over it.
http://infotech.indiatimes.com/News/H1-B_visas_A_booster_coming/articleshow/3791756.cms
:):):)
http://infotech.indiatimes.com/News/H1-B_visas_A_booster_coming/articleshow/3791756.cms
:):):)
more...
Karthikthiru
08-09 08:58 AM
There is new posting about this bill on Matthew Oh site. It gives more detail about this proposed bill. It says "Specter's Discussion Draft for New CIR" and he has given more deatils of it
Karthik
Karthik
Pallavi79
02-10 10:35 PM
I spend lot of time to check status, emails, news.
If I spend the same time in my career, I could have got my GC in EB1 or atleast I could have returned my home with lot better savings & good career back at the home country :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If I spend the same time in my career, I could have got my GC in EB1 or atleast I could have returned my home with lot better savings & good career back at the home country :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
more...
reddysn
06-11 04:28 PM
hello Cool . Do you think he deserve the title fool for his mistake
Change the title fool.. lot of ppl are waiting for this.. they might think it's OUT
Change the title fool.. lot of ppl are waiting for this.. they might think it's OUT
GCeffect
02-09 02:38 PM
Because Company C and A have different FED TAX ID. so they are considered as different business......
I didn't raise any question beacuse both the company was ran under the same roof.
During the PERM the company C was not mentioned in the form. But was under H1b in that time for company C. After getting the PERM approval from Company A. I move my h1b from company C to company A. But I have something written from Company C that although i was employed by company C, but my payroll was being processed by Company A.
Pelase response
If Company A and C are related business entities, why H1-B transfer was needed from C to A.
>> So even i was working with the company C, my payroll was under Company A.
When you were getting paycheck from A, did you raise this issue?
Did you put this information in Employment History for I-485? What was your last entry into USA?
_______________________
Not a legal advice.
US Citizen of Indian Origin
I didn't raise any question beacuse both the company was ran under the same roof.
During the PERM the company C was not mentioned in the form. But was under H1b in that time for company C. After getting the PERM approval from Company A. I move my h1b from company C to company A. But I have something written from Company C that although i was employed by company C, but my payroll was being processed by Company A.
Pelase response
If Company A and C are related business entities, why H1-B transfer was needed from C to A.
>> So even i was working with the company C, my payroll was under Company A.
When you were getting paycheck from A, did you raise this issue?
Did you put this information in Employment History for I-485? What was your last entry into USA?
_______________________
Not a legal advice.
US Citizen of Indian Origin
more...
sudiptasarkar
07-29 05:23 PM
Hi,
I entered US using AP on Feb 27 09. My current AP is valid till 17th Oct 09. The date on my I-94 Feb 26 2010. The parole stamp on my passport also has the Feb 26 2010 date. What does the date on the I-94 and parole stamp mean
My question is if I go out of US in early October and want to come back after October 17th (AP expiry date) but before Feb 26 2010 (I-94 date) do I need a new/renewed AP, or can I enter US with my old AP since my parole stamp has Feb 26 date.
Thanks
I entered US using AP on Feb 27 09. My current AP is valid till 17th Oct 09. The date on my I-94 Feb 26 2010. The parole stamp on my passport also has the Feb 26 2010 date. What does the date on the I-94 and parole stamp mean
My question is if I go out of US in early October and want to come back after October 17th (AP expiry date) but before Feb 26 2010 (I-94 date) do I need a new/renewed AP, or can I enter US with my old AP since my parole stamp has Feb 26 date.
Thanks
gapala
02-04 04:56 PM
This sounds like volunteering opportunity to me. May be other senior members on the forum will also throw some light on this scenario.
As far as I know, you can volunteer in any area as long as you do not get paid for those services.
As far as I know, you can volunteer in any area as long as you do not get paid for those services.
more...
fromnaija
07-10 12:08 PM
This being your first post on this forum, I'd like to advise that you include URL in your post otherwise one might think you are making this up.
Why AILA not suing State Dept. or USCIS for other issues... read a letter posted by someone in a forum
To AILF/AILA,
I appreciate your effort in filing lawsuit on behalf of July I-485 filers.
There are several critics on your July I-485 lawsuit. They criticize that you are doing for the benefit of your members (AILA). Definitely, your members will be benefited by huge amount of legal fees. Also, the critic says it is waste of time.
Even one of your reputed member (Rajiv Khanna @ immigration.com) posted in his website that chance of winning the law suit is very minimum.
He posted in his website as follows: "Please note folks, I don�t think this class will be easily approved by courts. CIS could argue a lot of things against it, which I don�t wish to publish in an open forum."
Why you cannot sue for the people who struck at Consulate due to administrative process without probable cause.
Several of them working in U.S (they have proof of employment, pay stubs, worked in the U.S on H1B visa for many years) just went to their home country for short vacation and applied for visa; they have rented house in the U.S and unable to break the lease; unable to pay car dues; their U.S citizen children also held overseas; they are loosing their jobs. State department is holding these visa application for more than a year in several cases.
What steps AILA has taken in this issue. If not, why you are not aware of this issue or why you are not giving importance. Do you think this issue will not bring such a huge legal fee like I-485 lawsuit?
Why AILA not suing State Dept. or USCIS for other issues... read a letter posted by someone in a forum
To AILF/AILA,
I appreciate your effort in filing lawsuit on behalf of July I-485 filers.
There are several critics on your July I-485 lawsuit. They criticize that you are doing for the benefit of your members (AILA). Definitely, your members will be benefited by huge amount of legal fees. Also, the critic says it is waste of time.
Even one of your reputed member (Rajiv Khanna @ immigration.com) posted in his website that chance of winning the law suit is very minimum.
He posted in his website as follows: "Please note folks, I don�t think this class will be easily approved by courts. CIS could argue a lot of things against it, which I don�t wish to publish in an open forum."
Why you cannot sue for the people who struck at Consulate due to administrative process without probable cause.
Several of them working in U.S (they have proof of employment, pay stubs, worked in the U.S on H1B visa for many years) just went to their home country for short vacation and applied for visa; they have rented house in the U.S and unable to break the lease; unable to pay car dues; their U.S citizen children also held overseas; they are loosing their jobs. State department is holding these visa application for more than a year in several cases.
What steps AILA has taken in this issue. If not, why you are not aware of this issue or why you are not giving importance. Do you think this issue will not bring such a huge legal fee like I-485 lawsuit?
jonty_11
07-24 12:19 PM
what abt ppl who are already contributing members...?
Poll doesnt cover them
Poll doesnt cover them
more...
va_dude
02-17 05:06 PM
I wonder why they even need new FPs, its not like i shed my skin and grew a new one with a new finger print.
Just another wasted step in "the" process i guess :)
Just another wasted step in "the" process i guess :)
sukhyani
03-05 02:04 PM
copy of current employment letter and future job offer...Does this has to be with same company...OR...
Can Current letter be from new Co.(u switced to using AC21) and Future Employment offer leeter has to be from teh Orig Spnsoring Employer???
My I140 sponsor is not my current employer. That's why I had to furnish both current employment letter and future employment offer letter. I have not changed employer as yet though.
If you invoked AC21, I believe you are right, you would have to furnish employment letter from your current employer and offer letter from the orig sponsoring petitioner.
Can Current letter be from new Co.(u switced to using AC21) and Future Employment offer leeter has to be from teh Orig Spnsoring Employer???
My I140 sponsor is not my current employer. That's why I had to furnish both current employment letter and future employment offer letter. I have not changed employer as yet though.
If you invoked AC21, I believe you are right, you would have to furnish employment letter from your current employer and offer letter from the orig sponsoring petitioner.
Hong12
02-04 01:04 AM
My PERM has been pending for over one year, and I just got the H1 Approval for 1 year and 2 months (1 year H1 Extension and 2 months recapture time). I am currently in Malaysia and need to apply for a visa at US Consulate in Malaysia. Since I am on the H1 visa, I have to show the proof that I will return back to Malaysia after the end of my work period in US. Accordingly, I would need to purchase the round trip ticket. The issue is that the plane ticket only valid for the maximum of 1 year, but my visa valid for 1 year and 2 months. Please advise if one way plane ticket would be sufficient for the visa interview or need to be a round trip plane ticket. If it is not, what should I do? Also, I wonder if the application package including I-129 submitted to USCIS need to be stamped �Certified True Copy� with the original signature of the lawyer or employer for the visa interview. Can I use the copy one that is stamped �Certified True Copy� with the non-original signatures of my lawyer or employer? Anybody pls help. Thank you very much.
dpp
02-12 12:35 PM
It is only either Nebraska or Texas now. No other centers process I-140. For Texas center, it is appx 1 to 3 months. But for Nebraska, it is anytime from 6 - 9 months.
yhhou22
10-22 09:40 AM
EB2 June filer of I 485
PD Aug 15 2005
RD of I 485 June 1st 2007
EAD approval August 28 2007
AP approval Sept 4 2007
I485 approval Oct 4 2007
From China
NSC
PD Aug 15 2005
RD of I 485 June 1st 2007
EAD approval August 28 2007
AP approval Sept 4 2007
I485 approval Oct 4 2007
From China
NSC


No comments:
Post a Comment