peapody
Oct 10, 03:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/nyy26/DSC00798.jpg
Damn this shot makes me really miss my ipad. :(
Damn this shot makes me really miss my ipad. :(
STLSigns
Sep 22, 05:15 PM
I've been reading this forum for years and have found it interesting and helpful. Thank you everyone for help and opinions. I have never joined a forum of any type until now. Well, here it goes. For the first time I feel the need to put my 2cents in. I looked at this post and I really got angry. It's not even a iTunes thing for me but a "Wal-Mart is Evil Thing". This report is of no shock to me that some WM dude is threating retaliation. They do this every day by putting Mom & Pops out of business.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/
Thank you again. I feel better.
Now I hope to join everyone in future discussions.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/
Thank you again. I feel better.
Now I hope to join everyone in future discussions.

age234
Sep 12, 04:30 PM
Ummmm... just hit "APPLE" and "B" in the first view... :p Works in all except the cover flip view.
Or click the eye button on the lower right corner.
Or click the eye button on the lower right corner.

flyfish29
Aug 24, 01:08 PM
Crossing my fingers I have an unsafe battery...
Yeah, you better be crossing your legs if you do!:D
Yeah, you better be crossing your legs if you do!:D

mkrishnan
Aug 3, 08:34 PM
I wonder if this is a specific to X86 hardware... Does this effect ppc based hardware?
These options have always been there, but I'm not sure they're sufficient to divert this type of exploit (assuming it exists/works, since people are arguing fervently that it's a hoax). The way I understand it, a WiFi device looking to join a network is doing active sensing even when it will only join preferred networks -- this pretty much must be true, since it can join a preferred hidden network, which is not itself broadcasting its availability. So the problem comes when a malevolent entity responds to the ping that the WiFi card puts out. I'm not sure just telling your computer to not join open networks would make any difference at that level. For instance, in analogy, with the BT exploit, one was not required to pair with the device propagating the virus -- just be discoverable.
These options have always been there, but I'm not sure they're sufficient to divert this type of exploit (assuming it exists/works, since people are arguing fervently that it's a hoax). The way I understand it, a WiFi device looking to join a network is doing active sensing even when it will only join preferred networks -- this pretty much must be true, since it can join a preferred hidden network, which is not itself broadcasting its availability. So the problem comes when a malevolent entity responds to the ping that the WiFi card puts out. I'm not sure just telling your computer to not join open networks would make any difference at that level. For instance, in analogy, with the BT exploit, one was not required to pair with the device propagating the virus -- just be discoverable.
Glideslope
May 5, 06:13 PM
iPad 3 - iPad 3D
I could really see that, with the iPhone 3G (it was actually the 3rd phone) and had 3G.
Smart this one is, yes.
Besides, it will be user selectable. You can have Retina with or without 3D. :apple:
I could really see that, with the iPhone 3G (it was actually the 3rd phone) and had 3G.
Smart this one is, yes.
Besides, it will be user selectable. You can have Retina with or without 3D. :apple:
bassfingers
Mar 28, 01:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Omg, north Dakota is awful! I've been there, and of course they have plenty of iPad 2's. There's no one there to buy them!
Omg, north Dakota is awful! I've been there, and of course they have plenty of iPad 2's. There's no one there to buy them!
SiliconAddict
Sep 12, 03:24 PM
Again as I stated before... Apple is really starting to dabble in the 3D interface. The album art is a good example of this. Granted its a rip off of someone else's idea...No idea of the name of the app but I was playing around with it a few months back that did exactly this. *shrugs* Whatever. It makes me wonder if there is any serious GUI updates for 10.5 that we have yet to see.
Lau
Sep 14, 11:57 AM
Give it a few days. I've so far only found them in London at the Apple Store itself. They are worth the wait :)
:p
ravenvii
Dec 6, 11:27 PM
Those who design websites with Flash are just lazy and poor web designers. Fortunately, those sites are becoming more and more rare.
It's video (YouTube, et al) that Flash has a stranglehold on.
I want HTML5 video to become standardized too, but the problem is, on what? QuickTime? Windows Media? It could very well end up much worse than Flash.
It's video (YouTube, et al) that Flash has a stranglehold on.
I want HTML5 video to become standardized too, but the problem is, on what? QuickTime? Windows Media? It could very well end up much worse than Flash.
skunk
Oct 27, 04:51 AM
Same here.. my MB started shutting down after updating to 10.4.8 (and the fan firmware update I think) It would shut down when I would just start her up.. or, as you mentioned.. after several hours of use. I formatted the drive and reinstalled 10.4.6.. but shutdowns continued. Weird.I read somewhere that starting up produces an early peak of stress and heat before it settles down again. This might explain why it either happens very early on OR when the machine has warmed up generally.
silentnite
Mar 12, 07:50 AM
If I start taking 1 dollar bets today that it won't happen tomorrow I could probably have enough money to buy one when it does. However, Since I remain optimistic I won't. :D
I've come close 2 times to selling my Apple gift card. 3 Strikes & I'm out.
I've come close 2 times to selling my Apple gift card. 3 Strikes & I'm out.
TheFeeblizer
Mar 11, 04:58 PM
IMHO, the MacBook Pros won't come out until after the iPad has been shipped. As much as we'd like to think that Apple would take a "ship them both, they are in different market segments" approach the fact remains that it would compete, to a certain extent, for consumer dollars and Apple isn't going to dilute iPad sales like that.

AutumnSkyline
Nov 7, 09:04 AM
I have a question.... what time does Apple release things, like Cupertino time??? I believe I heard it was nine, and if it is, then we still got another two hours of waiting
milkdev
Aug 3, 05:10 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it was already there.
Here's the iPhone "behind the scenes" video: ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF3BpbFI9c
Here's the iPhone "behind the scenes" video: ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF3BpbFI9c

Jcoz
Mar 28, 12:59 PM
That's because Best Buy stopped showing iPad 2 availability online a few weeks ago (and Milo requires this), because they are currently trying to fill their backlog of orders and reservations with every iPad they get. They stopped taking orders at the same time. Once they fulfill all their orders and start having stock, I'm sure they will switch the future back on, that let's you check local inventory.
On a side note, I went to an Apple store in Indianapolis, at 9:30am at the end of last week and there were about 150+ people in line. I didn't realize they were still opening the store an hour early every day to sell the iPads they had received in the previous day. I wonder how long this will go on for.
I dont know that this is correct, I've been checking their online local inventory every day, and availability shows up in patches all over, unfortunately all I have called about say it is for reserved units.
But the point is that when they got them in, it showed in the database.
On a side note, I went to an Apple store in Indianapolis, at 9:30am at the end of last week and there were about 150+ people in line. I didn't realize they were still opening the store an hour early every day to sell the iPads they had received in the previous day. I wonder how long this will go on for.
I dont know that this is correct, I've been checking their online local inventory every day, and availability shows up in patches all over, unfortunately all I have called about say it is for reserved units.
But the point is that when they got them in, it showed in the database.
TheMacFeed
Oct 12, 08:20 AM
My set up:
That keyboard is unique! :D
That keyboard is unique! :D
Sydde
Apr 4, 02:54 PM
Seek spiritual truth in the right places (http://www.amazon.com/Profit-Albrans-Serial-Martin-Sheldon/dp/B000MNBR3E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1301946702&sr=8-3)
Major Reeves
Oct 20, 10:24 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/jv0ysrslinmtt2l/Screenshots/iPhone/Photo%20okt.%2020%2C%206%2013%2017%20PM.jpg
Ultimate usage of my Apple stuff: iPad as excellent calculator during making my homework for math, in a perfect viewing angle thanks the Apple iPad case (I own since today, excellent case). MBP used as music player for the relaxing during making homework thanks to iTunes. iPhone used as camera. Love my Apple stuff!
iPad as an excellent calculator? Only if you're doing 4th, 5th, 6th grade maths and even so, shame on you. Ho there's spacetime and pocket cas, well they're crap.
*Facepalm*
Want a real calculator?
Install matlab/mathematica on your laptop.
Oh the iPad...
Well trow it away.
Ultimate usage of my Apple stuff: iPad as excellent calculator during making my homework for math, in a perfect viewing angle thanks the Apple iPad case (I own since today, excellent case). MBP used as music player for the relaxing during making homework thanks to iTunes. iPhone used as camera. Love my Apple stuff!
iPad as an excellent calculator? Only if you're doing 4th, 5th, 6th grade maths and even so, shame on you. Ho there's spacetime and pocket cas, well they're crap.
*Facepalm*
Want a real calculator?
Install matlab/mathematica on your laptop.
Oh the iPad...
Well trow it away.
jesteraver
Sep 7, 06:44 AM
I like when Apple doesn't announce something, i like surprises.
One thing will Apple ever make a larger LCD display, or they will stay with the 30" for a while.
Seeing the iMac 24", instead of 23". Seems like Apple upto something.
One thing will Apple ever make a larger LCD display, or they will stay with the 30" for a while.
Seeing the iMac 24", instead of 23". Seems like Apple upto something.
rlmccormick
Mar 29, 12:21 PM
Slightly off topic but....
For those of us who have been waiting, the new LTE Samsung MiFi is now available for order on Verizon's webpage!!
For those of us who have been waiting, the new LTE Samsung MiFi is now available for order on Verizon's webpage!!
fabsgwu
Sep 12, 02:21 PM
Nice upgrade, the color options on the small and big ones are kind of lame, but I hope they will work with a firewire to dock cable for those of us without USB 2.
NO FireWire sync support since the G5/Nano iPod's. This is why I'm crying today :rolleyes:
You can charge your USB 2.0 iPod via FireWire, but don't hold your breath for increased FireWire support from Apple for future products.
NO FireWire sync support since the G5/Nano iPod's. This is why I'm crying today :rolleyes:
You can charge your USB 2.0 iPod via FireWire, but don't hold your breath for increased FireWire support from Apple for future products.
spicyapple
Aug 7, 10:23 PM
This was a good WWDC. :D Quad Xeons... what I was hoping for since 2004!
green86
Mar 29, 03:29 PM
Well I've owned a few iphones and I've dropped less calls with the iP4 than the others.
No issues with the screen, which is by far and away the #1 reason its better than any before it. There is no question in my mind that its the best phone I've used extensively, and without question (IMO, that is) better than any iPhone before it.
Original iPhone was the best form factor though, the feel of it was so much better than the iPhone 4.
Even given that its just your opinion, to say its a POS, is simple hyperbole, and discredits any argument you may have that it is not as good as its predecessors.
I'm happy it's working for you, but that doesnt mean they were problem free.
The rest is your opinion, not fact.... But since you like the iPhone 4 your opinion must count more then mine right? :rolleyes:
Yes your right... Me saying it's a POS negates any opinion I have. Why didn't I see that?
Oh right. Cause a lot of people agree. And it's important. And I want the iPhone 5 soon, so I can rid myself of the 3GS, and hear from all you fanbois that IT is the best phone eva omgwtf everyone has to agree or they don't know what they are talking abot!!!!!!
No issues with the screen, which is by far and away the #1 reason its better than any before it. There is no question in my mind that its the best phone I've used extensively, and without question (IMO, that is) better than any iPhone before it.
Original iPhone was the best form factor though, the feel of it was so much better than the iPhone 4.
Even given that its just your opinion, to say its a POS, is simple hyperbole, and discredits any argument you may have that it is not as good as its predecessors.
I'm happy it's working for you, but that doesnt mean they were problem free.
The rest is your opinion, not fact.... But since you like the iPhone 4 your opinion must count more then mine right? :rolleyes:
Yes your right... Me saying it's a POS negates any opinion I have. Why didn't I see that?
Oh right. Cause a lot of people agree. And it's important. And I want the iPhone 5 soon, so I can rid myself of the 3GS, and hear from all you fanbois that IT is the best phone eva omgwtf everyone has to agree or they don't know what they are talking abot!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment