Jacqui83
Nov 8, 09:25 AM
The Store is still down, hell my credit card is itching and anxious to be used! Come on already go back up!

gauchogolfer
Aug 2, 05:14 PM
So have they shown this homemade video yet? It's midnight where I am, so I guess I'll just find out the results in the morning. It would be funny if today's updates patched the exploit, though.
I'm interested what kind of control over the machine they can achieve, or if it's only to make it turn off/reboot, etc.
I'm interested what kind of control over the machine they can achieve, or if it's only to make it turn off/reboot, etc.
Mac Fly (film)
Jul 22, 10:33 PM
http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/will_apple_challenge_sonys_upcoming_ebook_due_this_summer/
Need I say more...
Need I say more...
Thunderhawks
Mar 29, 07:08 AM
:)
You forgot:
Apple is only a hype machine
Apple is evil
Apple only cares about money
Apple is money grabbing Steve Jobs ruling with an iron fist
Apple is a moral dictator
Apple should invest in cancer research
add here.................................
You forgot:
Apple is only a hype machine
Apple is evil
Apple only cares about money
Apple is money grabbing Steve Jobs ruling with an iron fist
Apple is a moral dictator
Apple should invest in cancer research
add here.................................
Abstract
Oct 27, 01:57 AM
Oh dang, these firmware updates make me nervous... so im going to wait and let others be the guinea pig.
No way I'm going to do this update. This will not benefit me in any way whatsoever. At most, it'll ignore any "true" problem and not shut down when necessary. I won't install this update for like 6 months to see if this happens to others. Why should I install it when I don't even have this RSS issue, right? It'll just create a safety hole in my system.
After applying the update, it seems like it's running cooler. I'm getting 53-54C now, when normally it's 58-59.
Ah yes, let these types of posts begin. ;)
No way I'm going to do this update. This will not benefit me in any way whatsoever. At most, it'll ignore any "true" problem and not shut down when necessary. I won't install this update for like 6 months to see if this happens to others. Why should I install it when I don't even have this RSS issue, right? It'll just create a safety hole in my system.
After applying the update, it seems like it's running cooler. I'm getting 53-54C now, when normally it's 58-59.
Ah yes, let these types of posts begin. ;)
russomd
Apr 17, 08:38 AM
Woot got a 32 gb black! at tru. Thank you macrumors

bobsentell
May 4, 10:38 PM
If Apple wants the iPad to die a quick death, they will add 3-D.

_Matt
Aug 24, 02:07 PM
THERE IS A GOD! I WIN! I WIN!
Wow. This is fantastic. A free new battery. I was just on the phone with AppleCare the other day trying to force them to give me a new one. My current battery is at 9% capacity, giving me only 10 minutes of battery life.
This made my day. :D
Wow. This is fantastic. A free new battery. I was just on the phone with AppleCare the other day trying to force them to give me a new one. My current battery is at 9% capacity, giving me only 10 minutes of battery life.
This made my day. :D
benthewraith
Aug 18, 12:35 PM
And apparently now they admit that it was bull-****.
http://www.tuaw.com/2006/08/18/secureworks-admits-to-falsifying-macbook-wireless-hack/
;)
Busted. Boy do I hate to be those guys. :rolleyes:
http://www.tuaw.com/2006/08/18/secureworks-admits-to-falsifying-macbook-wireless-hack/
;)
Busted. Boy do I hate to be those guys. :rolleyes:
Starship77
Apr 11, 12:50 AM
So, the way it is now, you buy Photoshop for around $650 and after 18 months you can upgrade for $190. Total: $840 for 36 months, plus you still have your software to use for as long as you want if you choose not to upgrade anymore...
So, $35 x 36 months = $1260 and after the 36 months finnish, you have nothing... :confused:
I don't see a big advantage here, unless you only use photoshop in a few projects a year... I don't know anyone who does that, tho...
So, $35 x 36 months = $1260 and after the 36 months finnish, you have nothing... :confused:
I don't see a big advantage here, unless you only use photoshop in a few projects a year... I don't know anyone who does that, tho...

bazzalisk
Oct 16, 05:31 AM
I dont think ANYONE would want a stranger theyve known for 1 minute coming up to them and putting crap into their ear.
You don't go to the right clubs, mate.
There was this girl once in a punk club just off oxford street ... ;)
You don't go to the right clubs, mate.
There was this girl once in a punk club just off oxford street ... ;)

odedia
Jul 23, 03:12 AM
1. Engadget are very reliable IMO.
2. This furthers the estimation that the next iPod will have an OLED display. You really can't read an eBook normally on an LCD display, cause your eyes will hurt and the battery will die afte 2 chapters.
Oded S.
2. This furthers the estimation that the next iPod will have an OLED display. You really can't read an eBook normally on an LCD display, cause your eyes will hurt and the battery will die afte 2 chapters.
Oded S.
seashellz
Nov 29, 12:58 PM
Now here is one place where the superiority of the Zune comes through. Many, many words rhyme with "Zune", in contrast to the sadly rhyme-challenged "iPod". You can even have:
"I played a mellow tune
On my yellow Zune."
With iPod, you pretty much run out after "tripod".
---
Ha!
Ive an even better one:
"Id really go to town if I had a Zune t'was brown"
And we all know what brown reminds us of besides chocolate....
"I played a mellow tune
On my yellow Zune."
With iPod, you pretty much run out after "tripod".
---
Ha!
Ive an even better one:
"Id really go to town if I had a Zune t'was brown"
And we all know what brown reminds us of besides chocolate....
AP_piano295
Mar 29, 03:33 PM
So by that logic. You agree with the enforcement of a No Fly zone in Libya.
Yes I do. Just as I wouldn't stand idle if an individual near me were being mugged/robbed/attacked/raped, I do not feel my country should stand idle if innocent lives are at risk and it is in our power to save them.
Yes I do. Just as I wouldn't stand idle if an individual near me were being mugged/robbed/attacked/raped, I do not feel my country should stand idle if innocent lives are at risk and it is in our power to save them.
sierra oscar
Aug 24, 12:10 PM
It was only hours ago I read that the batteries in Apple's products were cleared.
What is the source of this recall?
What is the source of this recall?
mfr1340
Mar 28, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you've never actually ordered. Credit cards do not get charged until orders actually ship.
Further, obviously Apple didn't just decide last week to add RS, despite delays at other venues. The deal with RS would have been cut a long time ago, and Apple would be subject to certain supply requirements.
They sent the cover right away, 5 weeks earley, it was on the same order, that way they could charge the card for the sale earley!:confused:
Further, obviously Apple didn't just decide last week to add RS, despite delays at other venues. The deal with RS would have been cut a long time ago, and Apple would be subject to certain supply requirements.
They sent the cover right away, 5 weeks earley, it was on the same order, that way they could charge the card for the sale earley!:confused:
MacNut
Sep 12, 03:38 PM
Anyone been playing with gapless so far? How do you like it?It works great, "Dark Side" and "The Wall" play as intended.

dmelgar
Oct 27, 12:19 PM
I have my Macbook since July and have never experienced a random shutdown.
My Lenovo laptop has no known hardware defect and thanks to wonderful software from Microsoft I do experience random shutdowns, lockups, bluescreens, you name it.
Given the choice between a Windows box guaranteed to crash, get infected and worm its way around the network, I'd much rather get a Macbook with a pretty stable OS and generally wonderful machine.
My Lenovo laptop has no known hardware defect and thanks to wonderful software from Microsoft I do experience random shutdowns, lockups, bluescreens, you name it.
Given the choice between a Windows box guaranteed to crash, get infected and worm its way around the network, I'd much rather get a Macbook with a pretty stable OS and generally wonderful machine.
steve_hill4
Sep 14, 03:14 PM
I just went to Scotsys and John Lewis in Edinburgh to eye up the new nanos, and neither of them had them. :(
Most branches of John Lewis are scheduled to have them by the weekend. They actually state Saturday, but knowing our supply chain, more likely Monday.
Never say never.
With the lack of CD with any of the iPods, does anyone know if you have to download iTunes now prior to connecting your iPod or, as one person I know suggested, you connect up the iPod and it installs from there and prompts you to do a restore after?
Just want to know for those who will be looking to buy this weekend, but do not have access to the internet yet and/or have slow dial-up.
Most branches of John Lewis are scheduled to have them by the weekend. They actually state Saturday, but knowing our supply chain, more likely Monday.
Never say never.
With the lack of CD with any of the iPods, does anyone know if you have to download iTunes now prior to connecting your iPod or, as one person I know suggested, you connect up the iPod and it installs from there and prompts you to do a restore after?
Just want to know for those who will be looking to buy this weekend, but do not have access to the internet yet and/or have slow dial-up.
OllyW
Mar 19, 05:23 AM
Why would you buy a huge HDD iPod, when you could get an iPhone or an iPod touch?
I've got an iPhone and a classic.
The classic is used almost every day solely for playing music. The iPod app on my iPhone is only used once in a blue moon.
I just think the classic is a much better music player and I'll carry on using them as long as I can. :)
I've got an iPhone and a classic.
The classic is used almost every day solely for playing music. The iPod app on my iPhone is only used once in a blue moon.
I just think the classic is a much better music player and I'll carry on using them as long as I can. :)
purd002
Nov 13, 12:54 PM
ironically facebook 3.03 was just released . . .
Compile 'em all
Aug 24, 01:10 PM
Dang, my G4 Powerbook battery doesn't qualify :(. The battery's serial number starts with W.
appleguy123
Apr 7, 10:36 AM
@mscriv
I think that my objection to a book like this for atheists is that there is no reason to believe that the author of the book's morals or opinions are anymore important or better than anyone else's.
He is a human, I am a human. Neither one of us claim to be divinely inspired and both of us are looking out for our selfish interests in one way or another.
As people, we need to base our morality on avoiding suffering (I believe that this should extend to all animals who can comprehend suffering or dread). This is not an objective matter. Discretion, not rulebooks.
I think that my objection to a book like this for atheists is that there is no reason to believe that the author of the book's morals or opinions are anymore important or better than anyone else's.
He is a human, I am a human. Neither one of us claim to be divinely inspired and both of us are looking out for our selfish interests in one way or another.
As people, we need to base our morality on avoiding suffering (I believe that this should extend to all animals who can comprehend suffering or dread). This is not an objective matter. Discretion, not rulebooks.
~Shard~
Sep 12, 01:48 PM
Well, the keynote had me there for a second with the whole “52% smaller” thing ;) but now that it has been clarified, I still think this is a solid update for the nanos – lower prices, higher capacities, more colors, 24 hour battery life – it’s all good. :cool:


No comments:
Post a Comment