vand0576
Aug 24, 12:56 PM
This is the correct one:
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html
Keebler
Jul 23, 09:45 AM
If it's going to have a huge screen why not make it have a satellite based navigation system too. That would be handy...
As for the reader, sounds cool to me! :)
this is a great point and something that would totally enhance the ipod line.
here's why:
1. points of reference - my garmn gps has PORs for anywhere i go...picture it: gas stations, restaurants, historical landmarks etc.. i believe it even has cinemas too. think of walking around as a tourist after dloading the map to a new city and know exactly where you are going.
2. memory - maps don't take a lot of memory. my garmin only has 64 or 128 MBs...so, a few songs worth, of maps. and i have ALOT of territory on it. in fact, about 18 driving hours worth, including fully maps of major cities.
3. ipods are already integrated into vehicles and personal gps' are growing huge in popularity. combine this with an impatient society wanting everything in 1 gadget :)
of course, i'm sure the electronic side of things in terms of connecting to sats etc.. might cause issues, but it's an interesting thought at least.
As for the reader, sounds cool to me! :)
this is a great point and something that would totally enhance the ipod line.
here's why:
1. points of reference - my garmn gps has PORs for anywhere i go...picture it: gas stations, restaurants, historical landmarks etc.. i believe it even has cinemas too. think of walking around as a tourist after dloading the map to a new city and know exactly where you are going.
2. memory - maps don't take a lot of memory. my garmin only has 64 or 128 MBs...so, a few songs worth, of maps. and i have ALOT of territory on it. in fact, about 18 driving hours worth, including fully maps of major cities.
3. ipods are already integrated into vehicles and personal gps' are growing huge in popularity. combine this with an impatient society wanting everything in 1 gadget :)
of course, i'm sure the electronic side of things in terms of connecting to sats etc.. might cause issues, but it's an interesting thought at least.
lazyrighteye
Oct 16, 03:31 PM
Yes they can BUT that is what he actually said. Unusual word choice?
Yes. Unusual and uncool.
Ballmer's blatant over-use of the word "squirt," is nothing more than MS' marketing "genius" at work... going with the say-a-weird-word-so-much-that-it-will-catch-on-and-work-it's-way-into-our-vernacular, strategy. Feels so contrived. I can almost see the goof balls at MS sitting in some Redmond boardroom, watching a PowerPoint presentation on why "squirt" will help take down the iPod and finally make MS seem cool, pie charts and all.
And that's the thing about cool - you can't fabricate it (or, it most certainly can't feel fabricated). It has to feel natural, not contrived. Basically, either something is cool or it is not. In this case, Zune and MS are not cool.
Sure, there is more to market share than cool, to which MS can well attest.
That said, market share is overrated - if not, uncool.
Yes. Unusual and uncool.
Ballmer's blatant over-use of the word "squirt," is nothing more than MS' marketing "genius" at work... going with the say-a-weird-word-so-much-that-it-will-catch-on-and-work-it's-way-into-our-vernacular, strategy. Feels so contrived. I can almost see the goof balls at MS sitting in some Redmond boardroom, watching a PowerPoint presentation on why "squirt" will help take down the iPod and finally make MS seem cool, pie charts and all.
And that's the thing about cool - you can't fabricate it (or, it most certainly can't feel fabricated). It has to feel natural, not contrived. Basically, either something is cool or it is not. In this case, Zune and MS are not cool.
Sure, there is more to market share than cool, to which MS can well attest.
That said, market share is overrated - if not, uncool.
TheWatchfulOne
Nov 25, 12:27 PM
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits...
Is this close enough for you?
http://buythebutchercover.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Beatles-Butcher-Cover.jpg
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits...
Is this close enough for you?
http://buythebutchercover.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Beatles-Butcher-Cover.jpg
Nipsy
Oct 13, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Source
Good replies, Nipsy. Although you completely misunderstood some of my points addressed some points that i wasn't even talking about and also made some points that i completely disagree with.
I might make a proper reply addressing these tomorrow, if:
A. I have the time.
B. I can be bothered.
Oh and i'm well over 18, have a very high IQ and a masters degree. :) That doesn't make me any more likely to be right or wrong than you, i'm just saying, seeing as you made some delightful comments about 13 and under 18 year olds in your aforementioned post.
If you guys don't mind Apple being behind in hardware, then, quite honestly, stop whining about it.
So many Mac users spend hours a day, talking about Apple and what they're doing wrong, but never take any action. If those who care about Apple being the slowest computers on the market are not going to do something about it, then they should shut up about it.
If you're going to whine about it constantly and then get upset with someone who says it's not good enough, then you're just a stupid hypocrit. I realize that you're happy with the productivity your Mac(s) has brought you, and are incredibly loyal to Apple, as well you should be, but if you're going to complain about it, then at least make some attempt to do something about it. or shut up about it.
Just a quickie:
I'm not whining about anything. I think of Macs as entry level workstations (not as desktops), and as such, I find them cheap, reliable, and speedy.
I'd like more speed (as I do tax my machine), but I'm not known to whine about anything. If you'll notice, my post is very point/counterpoint, and primarily designed to dispel some of the myths proffered from either side of the fence. If you read it carefully, I think you'll see that I'm neither a hypocrite, nor stupid. My spelling and grammar are strong. My arguments and points are logical, and put forth based on data, published and empirical.
Note I was quick to agree that Macs are not the fastest machines...
Secondly, Macs are not the slowest machines on the market. For processing only arguments, the Mac line sits squarely between the top and bottom end Windows machines. For reliability (uptime, TCO), the Mac sits between more mature UNIX distros, and Windows.
As for age, there are a lot of people here in the 12-20 demographic, who agrue with zeal, but without fact. Oddly, it is this demographic which are most likely to buy neon case lights, watercoolers, billet milled aircraft aluminum cases, etc.
No need to take the vertical demographics as an insult!
Furthermore, what action do you propose we comsumers take to speed Apple development?
I would wager that no active posters have high level chip design on their resumes. I would further speculate that few really understand the in-and-outs of a complex gate setup, so I doubt we're going to design it for them.
Should we boycott Apple products? This drains R&D capital from Apple, and forces people to use Windows, certainly not an elegant soultion.
I am open to any suggestion you have as to how I can speed the delivery of a G5 or Power4 Lite.
Lastly, I'm a happy Apple customer, but my loyalty is available. If you can create a better matrix of performance/stability/standards based computing/availabilty of apps/cost/TCO/OS elegance I'm a customer.
Good replies, Nipsy. Although you completely misunderstood some of my points addressed some points that i wasn't even talking about and also made some points that i completely disagree with.
I might make a proper reply addressing these tomorrow, if:
A. I have the time.
B. I can be bothered.
Oh and i'm well over 18, have a very high IQ and a masters degree. :) That doesn't make me any more likely to be right or wrong than you, i'm just saying, seeing as you made some delightful comments about 13 and under 18 year olds in your aforementioned post.
If you guys don't mind Apple being behind in hardware, then, quite honestly, stop whining about it.
So many Mac users spend hours a day, talking about Apple and what they're doing wrong, but never take any action. If those who care about Apple being the slowest computers on the market are not going to do something about it, then they should shut up about it.
If you're going to whine about it constantly and then get upset with someone who says it's not good enough, then you're just a stupid hypocrit. I realize that you're happy with the productivity your Mac(s) has brought you, and are incredibly loyal to Apple, as well you should be, but if you're going to complain about it, then at least make some attempt to do something about it. or shut up about it.
Just a quickie:
I'm not whining about anything. I think of Macs as entry level workstations (not as desktops), and as such, I find them cheap, reliable, and speedy.
I'd like more speed (as I do tax my machine), but I'm not known to whine about anything. If you'll notice, my post is very point/counterpoint, and primarily designed to dispel some of the myths proffered from either side of the fence. If you read it carefully, I think you'll see that I'm neither a hypocrite, nor stupid. My spelling and grammar are strong. My arguments and points are logical, and put forth based on data, published and empirical.
Note I was quick to agree that Macs are not the fastest machines...
Secondly, Macs are not the slowest machines on the market. For processing only arguments, the Mac line sits squarely between the top and bottom end Windows machines. For reliability (uptime, TCO), the Mac sits between more mature UNIX distros, and Windows.
As for age, there are a lot of people here in the 12-20 demographic, who agrue with zeal, but without fact. Oddly, it is this demographic which are most likely to buy neon case lights, watercoolers, billet milled aircraft aluminum cases, etc.
No need to take the vertical demographics as an insult!
Furthermore, what action do you propose we comsumers take to speed Apple development?
I would wager that no active posters have high level chip design on their resumes. I would further speculate that few really understand the in-and-outs of a complex gate setup, so I doubt we're going to design it for them.
Should we boycott Apple products? This drains R&D capital from Apple, and forces people to use Windows, certainly not an elegant soultion.
I am open to any suggestion you have as to how I can speed the delivery of a G5 or Power4 Lite.
Lastly, I'm a happy Apple customer, but my loyalty is available. If you can create a better matrix of performance/stability/standards based computing/availabilty of apps/cost/TCO/OS elegance I'm a customer.
dukebound85
Apr 11, 01:34 PM
all the more for using gimp right? not bad for the part time manipulator I am and freeeeeeeeee
And I don'y have to put up with this crap from Adobe...I feel for ya
And I don'y have to put up with this crap from Adobe...I feel for ya
ClassicFitness
Nov 8, 08:07 AM
I think these new MacBook will do more sound compare to the old ones due to the fan. Because these new twins in the machine are gonna heat a lot. Do you guys think so?
kenypowa
May 5, 10:03 AM
LOL @ Apple AT&T fanboys VS Apple Verizon fanboys.
But seriously, Android has been updated OTA since its inception. Welcome to iPhone.
But seriously, Android has been updated OTA since its inception. Welcome to iPhone.
ozzyman500
Mar 25, 04:03 PM
Wow that was fast. Hopefully they fixed that damn iPod app issue.

wkhahn
Sep 22, 05:29 PM
It seems that since Wal-Mart tends to service the very lowest income class in our culture and many of these folks tend to not have computers, and to the extent they do, tend to not have broadband either, it seems there is a degree of mutual exclusivity of markets.
Therefore it seems Wal-Mart is less concerned about the sales themselves as the "benefits" they receive by the physical customer traffic they get from some people going to Wal-Mart to buy intentionally underpriced product so they will shop for other things while there.
I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning. If wal-mart tended to service the very lowest income class, then how does this class propel such a company to become the biggest retailer of just about any consumable good in this country? Wal-mart targets anyone with a buck to spend and will try to sell them anything to help them part with that dollar, be that an iPod shuffle, DVD or box of peanuts.
As for the foot traffic, I doubt that online music sales has any effect on it. If so, how is Walmart still growing?
edited for grammer
Therefore it seems Wal-Mart is less concerned about the sales themselves as the "benefits" they receive by the physical customer traffic they get from some people going to Wal-Mart to buy intentionally underpriced product so they will shop for other things while there.
I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning. If wal-mart tended to service the very lowest income class, then how does this class propel such a company to become the biggest retailer of just about any consumable good in this country? Wal-mart targets anyone with a buck to spend and will try to sell them anything to help them part with that dollar, be that an iPod shuffle, DVD or box of peanuts.
As for the foot traffic, I doubt that online music sales has any effect on it. If so, how is Walmart still growing?
edited for grammer
Popeye206
Mar 29, 09:33 AM
That sounds like it makes sense, but does ATT have LTE coverage? or will they by October?
AT&T is working on 4G... like them all. None of them have wide spread 4g yet. But it's coming. In my area it will be probably 2 years, but it's coming. This is why I don't think 4G is such a big deal right now. Besides... I use the 3G only when on the road and most of the time the speed is fine for email and casual browsing. 4G would be really nice... but it's not the "big thing" for me. And I don't think it's the "big thing" for most people as much as they would like to think so. I know I'm on WiFi most of the time anyway.
AT&T is working on 4G... like them all. None of them have wide spread 4g yet. But it's coming. In my area it will be probably 2 years, but it's coming. This is why I don't think 4G is such a big deal right now. Besides... I use the 3G only when on the road and most of the time the speed is fine for email and casual browsing. 4G would be really nice... but it's not the "big thing" for me. And I don't think it's the "big thing" for most people as much as they would like to think so. I know I'm on WiFi most of the time anyway.
reflex
Nov 7, 04:37 AM
if u want a small laptop like that....you would definately not enjoy gaming on it...
I don't know, I really enjoyed gaming on my Sony Vaio S1 (13" screen) back when I used to take it to lan parties.
I don't know, I really enjoyed gaming on my Sony Vaio S1 (13" screen) back when I used to take it to lan parties.
coldplaysucks.
Mar 11, 07:48 PM
mmmmmm i7 sounds sexy
jamigre
Jun 24, 07:49 PM
The day that Steve Jobs tells me I have to use iTunes to purchase software for my laptop or desktop, or that I can't install what I want or how I want it on my personal computer I give him the big middle finger and switch to Linux or Windows.
I already think it's ridiculous that I have to jailbreak my iPhone every 6months or so - but if the day comes that you'll have to jailbreak your comp, thanks but no thanks. I'll give up convenience for freedom.
I already think it's ridiculous that I have to jailbreak my iPhone every 6months or so - but if the day comes that you'll have to jailbreak your comp, thanks but no thanks. I'll give up convenience for freedom.
Lord Blackadder
Sep 22, 01:27 PM
F Wal-Mart, there is simply nothing positive or good about the entire organization. I have nothing more to say on the subject. :mad:
Full of Win
May 4, 11:09 PM
What took Apple so long? It's stupid that you need to DL the entire OS on your computer to update your device.
Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 4, 02:07 PM
The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts (http://www.amazon.com/Atheists-Bible-Illustrious-Collection-Irreverent/dp/0061349151/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301943959&sr=1-1)
Vantage Point
Mar 14, 08:43 AM
It's a bit of a cross post, but in the "Waiting for Arrandale" thread a member mentioned going to their local Apple store to buy a MBP and the sales associate mentioned that there was a big box in back and apparently some new SKUs popped up in the system. Thought you might want to know...
This could be a new batch of 'pop up Apple Specialists' holding iPads. My local store has a dozen or so full sized cardboard sales people in the front window. It is a bit freaky :eek:
This could be a new batch of 'pop up Apple Specialists' holding iPads. My local store has a dozen or so full sized cardboard sales people in the front window. It is a bit freaky :eek:
OllyW
Sep 14, 01:07 PM
Just wondering, does the aluminum material prevent them from manufacturing white models? I prefer white over all the available colours, and it'll prolly go better with my MacBook.
The aluminium case is anodised, which adds a hard, protective coating and a choice of colours. I'm sure that white anodising is not an option, I have yet to see it on mountain bike parts and they are available in many more colours than the ones offered by Apple.
Also, the reason only the 8GB model is available in black won't be down to cost, black and silver are the most common colours used for anodising.
The aluminium case is anodised, which adds a hard, protective coating and a choice of colours. I'm sure that white anodising is not an option, I have yet to see it on mountain bike parts and they are available in many more colours than the ones offered by Apple.
Also, the reason only the 8GB model is available in black won't be down to cost, black and silver are the most common colours used for anodising.
coldpower27
Mar 23, 10:46 AM
I think this attitude comes from backlash due to the fact that historically, men have been "king of the castle" and women have been subjugated. It's almost as if people are trying to make up for that.
This is silly; relationships should be on equal grounds. And EVERYONE should be able to do something awesome for themselves now and then, whether it be an iPad, a nice meal out, and so on.
That's not our fault that men of the past were like that, why should men of today pay for the mistakes of yesteryears?
This is silly; relationships should be on equal grounds. And EVERYONE should be able to do something awesome for themselves now and then, whether it be an iPad, a nice meal out, and so on.
That's not our fault that men of the past were like that, why should men of today pay for the mistakes of yesteryears?
Rt&Dzine
Apr 28, 10:49 AM
Anybody got a alternative method for reaching CorvusCamenarum, such as email, text, etc.? I don't want it, and I'm not asking that it get posted, but if someone has a method for checking if he's ok, I hope you will. Not to be dramatic, but parts of Tuscaloosa were obliterated yesterday around the time of his "last activity" time of 5:00 p.m. Thanks.
Let's hope he/she's okay. A million people in Alabama are without power.
Let's hope he/she's okay. A million people in Alabama are without power.
captainbeefheat
Sep 12, 03:45 PM
Ok I guess i won't be able to get the new nano with the student offer, which doesn;t bother me that much as I *should* get a hundred pounds back. However as it seems the price has gone down a little on the 4GB nano i added does that mean i still have to pay the old price? That seems a little unfair when it hasn't even shipped yet I'm paying more then if I had waited a couple of days? I ordered on Friday btw.
iApache
Oct 25, 09:53 PM
^ Thank you very much!
kxbcvoi
Mar 29, 11:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I wait for iPhone 5 and iOS 5.
I wait for iPhone 5 and iOS 5.


No comments:
Post a Comment