bwanac
Nov 6, 11:55 PM
Still waiting to get one... needs 10.5 standard. Of course I could go splitsies with some friends on it.
sishaw
Nov 24, 02:45 PM
I really don't get all of those who constantly are saying things like "Don't care for them, they were before my time . . . " or "They're so old, they're not relevant . . .", etc. Really? I just don't get it. Monet, Davinci, Bach, Cole Porter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Bessie Smith, Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker were all before my time, yet I appreciate them. Having an artist being born before your time shouldn't have anything to do with "appreciating" them. That's the whole point - art is timeless. I' guess it has to do with how you grew up and what you were exposed to that makes a difference.
My experience is that most of the people who say those kinds of things don't actually know anything about music, and may have very little musical education. People who know music either by critical listening, study, or learning an instrument, while they may have their preferences, wouldn't dismiss an entire artist's catalog based on their historical time or genre.
My experience is that most of the people who say those kinds of things don't actually know anything about music, and may have very little musical education. People who know music either by critical listening, study, or learning an instrument, while they may have their preferences, wouldn't dismiss an entire artist's catalog based on their historical time or genre.
nagromme
Oct 15, 03:51 PM
I can't agree with Jobs on this one.
In this era of WTDs (wax-tramsitted diseases), there will be no sharing of my earbuds!
But if the person has a player, Zune or anything, then they also have their OWN earphones :)
In this era of WTDs (wax-tramsitted diseases), there will be no sharing of my earbuds!
But if the person has a player, Zune or anything, then they also have their OWN earphones :)
bill4588
Nov 8, 06:32 AM
If you're reading this Thread ;-) Let me wonder... and what about macbooks of different colors, to match the ipod nano?
well that's pretty cool :D
well that's pretty cool :D
GregA
Jul 23, 04:58 PM
I surely hope so, comics and manga would be a huge hit especially in Japan.I agree that comics etc would be big.
However - I'm also interested in the electronic Ink technologies that are easy on the eyes and require almost no battery. I doubt Apple would make such a simple device, but who knows.
It would be very interesting to read Lord of the Rings and have the soundtrack playing - synchronised to where you're up to in the book. Or the book with excerpts from the movie.
However - I'm also interested in the electronic Ink technologies that are easy on the eyes and require almost no battery. I doubt Apple would make such a simple device, but who knows.
It would be very interesting to read Lord of the Rings and have the soundtrack playing - synchronised to where you're up to in the book. Or the book with excerpts from the movie.
icedmocha
Nov 13, 03:58 PM
I'll make this point again... How is what Apple is doing any different than what Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony do with approvals for applications on their devices? If anything, Apple should be commended for giving everyone access to the development environment at a significantly reduced cost. The reason for the approval process is clear: they want to do QA before the product is released because if something bad happens, every news organization will feature headlines about it for a week.
I don't recall massive outcry from the devs on those other platforms. Why do you think that is?
I don't recall massive outcry from the devs on those other platforms. Why do you think that is?
heffledave
Jul 24, 12:59 PM
Dude...
BOOKS ON TAPE!
...unless you're one of "those" people who likes to "read." Though having a newspaper front on my iPod would be convenient.
BOOKS ON TAPE!
...unless you're one of "those" people who likes to "read." Though having a newspaper front on my iPod would be convenient.
anastasis
Sep 12, 07:27 PM
I agree that Apple needs to come up with some new designs for their hardware. I think the new nanos are a perfect combination of the nano (slim design, flash memory) and the mini (seemless casing, scratch proof) but the other products seem to be long in the tooth. The MacBook Pro/PowerBook has looked basically the same since it was debuted with a G4 processor (what was that, 2002?). The MacBook/iBook got a somewhat update look with the latest release, but kind of took a step backwards IMO.
However, with all of that said, 99% of us do not work for Apple and do not know how to design like they do. Where do you go with the current MBP? I would love to see an anodized black version but that still does not give us much of a difference at all. I am interested in seeing new products. I was dissapointed when they released the new MacPro's in the same encolusers. An extra optical slot and moving the power chord to the top of the tower does not count as a redesign.
However, with all of that said, 99% of us do not work for Apple and do not know how to design like they do. Where do you go with the current MBP? I would love to see an anodized black version but that still does not give us much of a difference at all. I am interested in seeing new products. I was dissapointed when they released the new MacPro's in the same encolusers. An extra optical slot and moving the power chord to the top of the tower does not count as a redesign.
intelliot
Mar 29, 06:48 AM
Either scalpers have swooped in or there are a lot more geeks that just want to attend the conference.
I was seriously disappointed when I attended last years one, the Apple engineers couldn't answer either of my questions, the presentations only reaffirmed what I already knew or pointed to documentation / demo code that every developer got for free anyway.
If you are a serious developer and want to attend the conference to actually learn its a serious disappointment. But I guess most conferences are just to network and geek it up which is why it sold out I guess.
What were your questions?
I was trying to add external display support to my iOS wireless collaborative drawing app (http://www.greengar.com/apps/whiteboard/), but I had run into a few problems. At WWDC I was able to work with 2 Apple engineers until we solved it. It was awesome; definitely worth it.
I was seriously disappointed when I attended last years one, the Apple engineers couldn't answer either of my questions, the presentations only reaffirmed what I already knew or pointed to documentation / demo code that every developer got for free anyway.
If you are a serious developer and want to attend the conference to actually learn its a serious disappointment. But I guess most conferences are just to network and geek it up which is why it sold out I guess.
What were your questions?
I was trying to add external display support to my iOS wireless collaborative drawing app (http://www.greengar.com/apps/whiteboard/), but I had run into a few problems. At WWDC I was able to work with 2 Apple engineers until we solved it. It was awesome; definitely worth it.
John.B
Nov 27, 11:39 PM
I think most Beatles fans ripped all the CDs in long ago, at least that what I did.
We covered this earlier. That was the conventional wisdom, but it has turned out to be 180� wrong.
As of a few minutes ago, the top iTunes rock albums in the US store are:

funny dog pictures

funny-dog-4-crossbreed

A few funny dog clips. Music:

funny dog pic - green11#39;s

funny dog pics. funny dog

»Funny dog and Funny man »

den wutz dis dogs sleep numbr?

Funny Mill – Funny Dogs

Category: Funny dog pictures
We covered this earlier. That was the conventional wisdom, but it has turned out to be 180� wrong.
As of a few minutes ago, the top iTunes rock albums in the US store are:

Designer Dale
Mar 1, 05:32 PM
Very nice start to the month, folks!
Mine for today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5489817289_63ceabdfee_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43162691@N04/?deleted=5489802251)
EXIF Summary: 1/160s f/8.0 ISO100 28mm
Dale
Mine for today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5489817289_63ceabdfee_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43162691@N04/?deleted=5489802251)
EXIF Summary: 1/160s f/8.0 ISO100 28mm
Dale
treysmay
Jul 23, 12:18 AM
this document reading feature just coincides with the wireless rumors. If the Ipod can load web pages. why wouldn't it be able to translate Word, PDF and other popular formats. I would by one, but this sounds as if it would be more delicate than the 5g that I own, the 5g is definitely on the breakable side. could you imagine how much more screen you have to crack, and more pixels to go dead?
daneoni
Sep 12, 04:11 PM
Can someone please confirm: is the search function available for the new iPods only or available as a software update for older 5G iPods??
slidingjon
Sep 6, 08:23 AM
Amazing price drop! Coly cow! I paid the $1299 :( still worth every penny
NT1440
Mar 30, 02:05 PM
The last time I checked the people of the Congo hadn't asked for US help. Or were you just attempting to confuse the issue?
I'm sure some of them have, sorta how some of the Libyan people have.
Side note:
I'm seriously worried what will become of the power vacuum when Qaddafi leaves. To think the rebel forces are somehow an actual organized group is absurd. The only thing unifying many of these people is the will to see Qaddafi fall. After that there will be a mad struggle for power, most likely in conjunction with half assed elections.
This whole Libya situation is going to blow up in the not too distant future. I forsee the civil war shifting after Qaddafi leaves into the rebel forces fighting amongst themselves.
I shudder to think what is going to happen if we arm them, hopefully Obama wasn't just talking out of his ass when he said we actually need to learn from history for once. Our country's cycle of support>arm>aid>turn against>support new group needs to stop, as it is directly responsible for much of the instability we've seen in the world over the last 20+ years. We create our own enemies to fight after they no longer serve our interests.
I'm sure some of them have, sorta how some of the Libyan people have.
Side note:
I'm seriously worried what will become of the power vacuum when Qaddafi leaves. To think the rebel forces are somehow an actual organized group is absurd. The only thing unifying many of these people is the will to see Qaddafi fall. After that there will be a mad struggle for power, most likely in conjunction with half assed elections.
This whole Libya situation is going to blow up in the not too distant future. I forsee the civil war shifting after Qaddafi leaves into the rebel forces fighting amongst themselves.
I shudder to think what is going to happen if we arm them, hopefully Obama wasn't just talking out of his ass when he said we actually need to learn from history for once. Our country's cycle of support>arm>aid>turn against>support new group needs to stop, as it is directly responsible for much of the instability we've seen in the world over the last 20+ years. We create our own enemies to fight after they no longer serve our interests.

hulugu
Aug 19, 12:32 AM
How come it is extremely imporbable and unlikely?
They presented there script against a mac because the mac strives on the claim that they are the safest pc out there.
They said in there interview they targeted the mac because they hate the commercials.
Explain how that makes there presentation poor.
Simply put, by presenting the hack with a MacBook they made it appear as though the MacBook had a fatal flaw that was inherent to the system and they were poor at presenting this flaw as a problem with a particular third-party wireless card.
The addition of their complaining about the commercial made they appear as though they had a vendetta and a bias which security researchers should avoid. The flaw should have been presented with a multitude of systems, including the Mac, to show how the flaw affected Windows and the Mac, and they should have been more clear about the addition of a third-party USB wireless device as well as their tweaking of OSX's settings.
They went for a flashy presentation and got fried by it.
They presented there script against a mac because the mac strives on the claim that they are the safest pc out there.
They said in there interview they targeted the mac because they hate the commercials.
Explain how that makes there presentation poor.
Simply put, by presenting the hack with a MacBook they made it appear as though the MacBook had a fatal flaw that was inherent to the system and they were poor at presenting this flaw as a problem with a particular third-party wireless card.
The addition of their complaining about the commercial made they appear as though they had a vendetta and a bias which security researchers should avoid. The flaw should have been presented with a multitude of systems, including the Mac, to show how the flaw affected Windows and the Mac, and they should have been more clear about the addition of a third-party USB wireless device as well as their tweaking of OSX's settings.
They went for a flashy presentation and got fried by it.
ender land
Apr 26, 11:19 AM
What a fabulously foolish and ignorant statement.
My experience supports food stamps being wasted as well. While I have never seen or heard of people selling them, I did work in a grocery store as a cashier for a while and consistently saw people use food stamps to purchase food items which were overpriced, low value, not on sale, or otherwise terrible "value for money" purchases. Fancy fruit drinks or other things which are a complete waste of money when you have a limited budget for food were incredibly common.
Not to mention how often people would pay for some ridiculously overpriced luxury food items with food stamps and then pay cash for things like cigaretts or the rag magazines or other things which are equally unnecessary, and completely, 100% luxury items and not in the slightest bit a need.
Considering this was the overwhelming majority of customers, I am so thankful to the woman who came and purchased a ton of items, all on sale, with coupons on food stamps. She probably got 10x or 20x the "food value" from those food stamps as compared with the overwhelming majority of people using them. But seeing that one person take advantage of food stamps in a meaningful way was absolutely amazing because it means that the entire program is not a waste.
Now, obviously this is just my personal experience. It is possible the store I worked at had a disproportionate number of people who would squander their food stamps. I hope this is the case. But I am relatively skeptical the majority of food stamp purchasers are like the woman I described but rather like the majority I encountered.
My experience supports food stamps being wasted as well. While I have never seen or heard of people selling them, I did work in a grocery store as a cashier for a while and consistently saw people use food stamps to purchase food items which were overpriced, low value, not on sale, or otherwise terrible "value for money" purchases. Fancy fruit drinks or other things which are a complete waste of money when you have a limited budget for food were incredibly common.
Not to mention how often people would pay for some ridiculously overpriced luxury food items with food stamps and then pay cash for things like cigaretts or the rag magazines or other things which are equally unnecessary, and completely, 100% luxury items and not in the slightest bit a need.
Considering this was the overwhelming majority of customers, I am so thankful to the woman who came and purchased a ton of items, all on sale, with coupons on food stamps. She probably got 10x or 20x the "food value" from those food stamps as compared with the overwhelming majority of people using them. But seeing that one person take advantage of food stamps in a meaningful way was absolutely amazing because it means that the entire program is not a waste.
Now, obviously this is just my personal experience. It is possible the store I worked at had a disproportionate number of people who would squander their food stamps. I hope this is the case. But I am relatively skeptical the majority of food stamp purchasers are like the woman I described but rather like the majority I encountered.
hagjohn
Oct 26, 08:39 PM
34C is really, really low. 54C sounds more normal. How does your MacBook feel to the touch? Warmer? Perhaps it was reading the temp incorrectly before and is now reading it correctly?
It's warmer near the power cord than it use to be and I'm only browsing the web. Nothing else.
It's warmer near the power cord than it use to be and I'm only browsing the web. Nothing else.
animenick65
Nov 8, 09:39 AM
They only come in glossy screens now? Damn... im a photojournalist and need color accuracy on screen and it would NOT be good if things looked to have more contrast then they actually do. :(
citizenzen
Mar 15, 01:49 PM
Now there is a logical solution
What's illogical about it?
Why should we subsidize the defense industry, a multi-multi-billion dollar expense to our government, merely to maintain some jobs?
Please show me the evidence that demonstrates that is a positive investment for our country.
What's illogical about it?
Why should we subsidize the defense industry, a multi-multi-billion dollar expense to our government, merely to maintain some jobs?
Please show me the evidence that demonstrates that is a positive investment for our country.
croy
Mar 11, 05:12 PM
Oh whatever, I am buying a MBP by the end of this month when I have the cash ready. I could care less if it is the latest one out or not. I am sure that whatever I buy will suit my needs for years to come.
whenpaulsparks
Oct 26, 06:11 PM
well, let's see if it stays on long enough to apply the update.
touch�
touch�
Yaboze
Mar 29, 02:43 PM
Maybe it had nothing to do with money at all. Maybe "wife said no" because hubby is obsessed with gadgets and the Internet, and therefore pays no attention to wife, kids, dog or fish.
That said, Apple may not have necessarily helped with family by sending it back to hubby for free. All they did was undermine the wife's better judgment.
Are you the wife? :p
That said, Apple may not have necessarily helped with family by sending it back to hubby for free. All they did was undermine the wife's better judgment.
Are you the wife? :p
mdntcallr
Sep 22, 03:33 PM
walmart is evil!!
whether or not they did this. although with how hard the pressure all of their suppliers, i would NOT believe that they didnt exert some form of pressure on the movie studios
whether or not they did this. although with how hard the pressure all of their suppliers, i would NOT believe that they didnt exert some form of pressure on the movie studios


No comments:
Post a Comment