boss.king
May 4, 11:35 PM
Not interested in this. It's not really any more convenient to do this OTA. Just plug your phone in for 10 mins and install it in the evening. I could maybe see this working over Wi-Fi but for a lot of places this would destroy peoples data caps.

starwa314
Apr 13, 05:45 PM
Nope. Probably not even close. The Air doesn't have the processors or graphics required for even the current version
Does nobody do any research? The MacBook Air meets the requirements for the current version of Final Cut as listed on Apple's website. The only one that doesn't is the Early 2008 model because of the Integrated Intel graphics.
Does nobody do any research? The MacBook Air meets the requirements for the current version of Final Cut as listed on Apple's website. The only one that doesn't is the Early 2008 model because of the Integrated Intel graphics.
skunk
Oct 26, 07:02 PM
My Week 36 MacBook runs quietly, coolly and reliably. Should I apply the update?
DeathChill
Apr 2, 02:26 PM
I want an iPad that takes, at least reasonable quality photo's.
I would not expect DSLR quality, but if I am out and I have my iPad with me, and I wish to take a photo or a video, then at least I would like it to be of a quality that does the moment justice.
The silly thing about this argument is you are defending the indefensible.
There is no reason why a worse item is desirable over a better item all things being equal.
The only reasons are cost, size etc.
1mp camera's should have stopped being made years ago. There is no reason to deliberately make anything worse that you can, unless it's marketing and a planned strategy.
If you're out, you'd rather pull out your iPad then a phone or camera to take a picture? Really?
I would not expect DSLR quality, but if I am out and I have my iPad with me, and I wish to take a photo or a video, then at least I would like it to be of a quality that does the moment justice.
The silly thing about this argument is you are defending the indefensible.
There is no reason why a worse item is desirable over a better item all things being equal.
The only reasons are cost, size etc.
1mp camera's should have stopped being made years ago. There is no reason to deliberately make anything worse that you can, unless it's marketing and a planned strategy.
If you're out, you'd rather pull out your iPad then a phone or camera to take a picture? Really?
HecubusPro
Sep 6, 08:25 AM
I assume the Merom is inside?
But these babies are gr8 value!
Luckily you don't have to choose for the 7300... you can get the better 7600 inside. Not brilliant, but it's better.
So that must be it for the ATI partnership, or at least the first nail in the coffin. Nvidia is a good move anyway.
But these babies are gr8 value!
Luckily you don't have to choose for the 7300... you can get the better 7600 inside. Not brilliant, but it's better.
So that must be it for the ATI partnership, or at least the first nail in the coffin. Nvidia is a good move anyway.
Thunderhawks
Apr 12, 12:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
it's about friggin time apple build a serious volume manufacturing plant in the US! end of story!
With all the hoops and regulations that plant would not be ready in our life time!
it's about friggin time apple build a serious volume manufacturing plant in the US! end of story!
With all the hoops and regulations that plant would not be ready in our life time!
gri
Mar 21, 02:53 PM
My wife said no too and this even includes my wish for one for my upcoming bday to get one.
Time to go to a lawyer - and close that joint account...
Time to go to a lawyer - and close that joint account...

VanNess
Sep 12, 02:49 PM
I bet this is a preview of what Leopard is gonna look like.
Oh for the love of God I hope not.
Generally the layout is fine, but this thing (iTunes 7) looks absolutely FUGLY!
The scroll bars are a major salute to the XP era of Windows. By OS X standards, it's a quantum leap backwards, not forwards. And the control buttons just look cheap. Again, thats fine for XP - that's what XP users are accustomed to - but it's embarrassingly sub-par for OS X.
I can appreciate the interest in providing standardization across platforms, but these UI element changes, even though they don't impact usage, are completely unnecessary for OS X. This looks like a knock-off port of the Windows version of iTunes and not a native OS X application. The very thing Apple complained to Microsoft about regarding Office around version 6. You could write this sort of thing off if it was a third party app, but Jesus, this is Apple.
Major :mad:
Oh for the love of God I hope not.
Generally the layout is fine, but this thing (iTunes 7) looks absolutely FUGLY!
The scroll bars are a major salute to the XP era of Windows. By OS X standards, it's a quantum leap backwards, not forwards. And the control buttons just look cheap. Again, thats fine for XP - that's what XP users are accustomed to - but it's embarrassingly sub-par for OS X.
I can appreciate the interest in providing standardization across platforms, but these UI element changes, even though they don't impact usage, are completely unnecessary for OS X. This looks like a knock-off port of the Windows version of iTunes and not a native OS X application. The very thing Apple complained to Microsoft about regarding Office around version 6. You could write this sort of thing off if it was a third party app, but Jesus, this is Apple.
Major :mad:
jimN
Nov 8, 07:54 AM
Isn't it only a �30 drop - only done it so that it appears to be under a grand. Its not a significant drop - shame really, because its still so much more than the white one!
Any money off is welcome but yes it is just a cynical drop to create an apparently more attractive price point. However, they dropped the price and increase the ram and HD - if you want the colour you'll pay for it, simple as that (and apple know it)
You want it because you're weak!
Any money off is welcome but yes it is just a cynical drop to create an apparently more attractive price point. However, they dropped the price and increase the ram and HD - if you want the colour you'll pay for it, simple as that (and apple know it)
You want it because you're weak!
AP_piano295
Apr 27, 06:41 PM
Now if we can come to accept that they're are in fact a number of problems within the black community (at least in the United States, I'm not particularly well aware of whats going on in the UK). I think they're are a number of things that can be done to mitigate the problem.
First Social Welfare Programs:
We already have some of these and I'm not particularly well educated on what they provide but these are CRUCIAL. If you don't have a warm place to sleep and food to eat than your odds of being able to improve your situation are basically impossible.
Greater Availability of Birth Control and Education About the Same:
There is a reason that there are so many births happening out of wedlock in this community and you can bet it starts with people not using birth control or using it correctly. I would advocate for a greater availability of condoms and in particular the pill to just about anyone who wants it. No the pill doesn't stop the spread of STD's but I think it's a little more moment of total irresponsibility proof.
It's damn hard to get your life together if you've got a kid and no support system at age 16. And that kid isn't going to have the best opportunities either. If we can significantly reduce the number of un-planned children being born I think we'll have taken a big step towards improving the quality of life in African American communities (immediately and 15 years down the road).
Work With Community Leaders and Role Models
The black community has a bit of an overabundance of role models preaching totally irresponsible behavior (violence, drug use, under age sex). Its no wonder that kids who lack good role models are so inclined towards these same behaviors.
I think it might have an unexpectedly large effect on the black community of these role models could be convinced to change their tone, perhaps a bit less glorification of ****** behavior.
Check out:
Lupe Fiasco
Brother Ali (though he's white)
A couple of hip hop artists who are a bit more socially aware.
I have a few more ideas but I'm tired of writing for now so I'll end this post.
First Social Welfare Programs:
We already have some of these and I'm not particularly well educated on what they provide but these are CRUCIAL. If you don't have a warm place to sleep and food to eat than your odds of being able to improve your situation are basically impossible.
Greater Availability of Birth Control and Education About the Same:
There is a reason that there are so many births happening out of wedlock in this community and you can bet it starts with people not using birth control or using it correctly. I would advocate for a greater availability of condoms and in particular the pill to just about anyone who wants it. No the pill doesn't stop the spread of STD's but I think it's a little more moment of total irresponsibility proof.
It's damn hard to get your life together if you've got a kid and no support system at age 16. And that kid isn't going to have the best opportunities either. If we can significantly reduce the number of un-planned children being born I think we'll have taken a big step towards improving the quality of life in African American communities (immediately and 15 years down the road).
Work With Community Leaders and Role Models
The black community has a bit of an overabundance of role models preaching totally irresponsible behavior (violence, drug use, under age sex). Its no wonder that kids who lack good role models are so inclined towards these same behaviors.
I think it might have an unexpectedly large effect on the black community of these role models could be convinced to change their tone, perhaps a bit less glorification of ****** behavior.
Check out:
Lupe Fiasco
Brother Ali (though he's white)
A couple of hip hop artists who are a bit more socially aware.
I have a few more ideas but I'm tired of writing for now so I'll end this post.
Eidorian
Jan 11, 11:44 AM
Hmm. Something wireless. :rolleyes:My thoughts exactly.
Silly rabbits.Apple is talking about the new wireless Apple TV and associated iTunes movie rentals you download from them satellites ;)I'll get the aluminium foil hats.
Silly rabbits.Apple is talking about the new wireless Apple TV and associated iTunes movie rentals you download from them satellites ;)I'll get the aluminium foil hats.

coryndiego
Mar 14, 05:50 PM
The bookstore at the University Campus I work on just received shipment of 300 MBP 13' 2.23 and are dropping the price $100.00 to $999.00 on top of the academic discount March 17th. I'm not sure if this is a precursor of a New MBP on the 16th, 26th or soon after but my fingers are crossed.
4np
Aug 24, 05:54 PM
But Apple's server is getting hammered right now... I got through to print out the affected serial numbers, then powered down my AlBook, just to be safe, popped out the battery to see if I had a lucky number, and now that I know I do, I can't get back onto the site.
Oh well. I'll try again later.
One thing I wonder about is what the consequences of keeping the 'dangerous' battery as a back-up would be... I'm not really worried about it exploding, but will the Apple police come after me for not returning the old battery once they ship me a new one? Obviously, it would be my own fault if my laptop exploded when using the old battery, but I'm willing to take that risk.
Cheers
Interesting question... You need to prove in some way you indeed had that defective battery
Oh well. I'll try again later.
One thing I wonder about is what the consequences of keeping the 'dangerous' battery as a back-up would be... I'm not really worried about it exploding, but will the Apple police come after me for not returning the old battery once they ship me a new one? Obviously, it would be my own fault if my laptop exploded when using the old battery, but I'm willing to take that risk.
Cheers
Interesting question... You need to prove in some way you indeed had that defective battery
MacRumors
Apr 14, 09:02 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/14/apple-again-bucks-trend-with-sales-growth-in-shrinking-pc-market/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/14/095801-gartner_1Q11_us_trend.png

skull tattoo ideas.

Worlds Finest Tattoo Designs

Sword and Skulls

Skull tattoo design

Skull tattoo design
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/14/095801-gartner_1Q11_us_trend.png

mozmac
Jul 23, 02:17 AM
I would seriously be all over this product. I am still using a 2G iPod that I bought before they even ran on Windows. I've had no reason to switch because it still plays music just fine. However, if I could carry all my music AND all my books in my pocket, I would be sold.
There are many moments throughout the day where you find yourself with 5-10 minutes of downtime. Usually I pull out my BlackBerry and try to find something on the internet to read. I've always wished there was a way I could get some books on there in a format that would be easy to read. Please, Apple, make my dream come true.
There are many moments throughout the day where you find yourself with 5-10 minutes of downtime. Usually I pull out my BlackBerry and try to find something on the internet to read. I've always wished there was a way I could get some books on there in a format that would be easy to read. Please, Apple, make my dream come true.
fcortese
Mar 12, 10:30 AM
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/4386/sbaptism720110305111341.jpg
WillMak
Oct 26, 06:46 PM
Here's a question to ponder...How are people suppose to install this firmware if there macbooks keep shutting down?
Anyways, I reccomend people use this firmware instead of geting their heatsink replaced. The later option involves an ugly screw in the middle of your macbook.
Anyways, I reccomend people use this firmware instead of geting their heatsink replaced. The later option involves an ugly screw in the middle of your macbook.
ImNoSuperMan
Sep 6, 08:22 AM
Great news. But where are the Merom MBPs:confused: :confused:

thiagorariz
Apr 12, 02:01 PM
I think the MacRumors posters have solved this problem with their insightful comments.
Now to the most important thing:
Will the iphone and ipad get less expensive when produced in Brazil? LOL
great question.,..
the answer: for brazilian people? yes, between 10% and 20%
for other countries? No.
Now to the most important thing:
Will the iphone and ipad get less expensive when produced in Brazil? LOL
great question.,..
the answer: for brazilian people? yes, between 10% and 20%
for other countries? No.
nathjking
Nov 7, 09:30 AM
Hi There,
I ordered a Macbook on the 18th October through mac universe with a hard disk upgrade to 80gb and ram to 1gb. I have called daily ever since and have been constanty told that there is a component shortage and is in constraint.... :( Umm...I've been given the option to cancel but i daren't because i've got a sneaky feeling they might be sneeking a 2 core baddy in it... anyone having a similar experience out there?:D
I ordered a Macbook on the 18th October through mac universe with a hard disk upgrade to 80gb and ram to 1gb. I have called daily ever since and have been constanty told that there is a component shortage and is in constraint.... :( Umm...I've been given the option to cancel but i daren't because i've got a sneaky feeling they might be sneeking a 2 core baddy in it... anyone having a similar experience out there?:D
MacKarl
Oct 29, 03:22 AM
I can't see any differences in temperature, voltage or frequency after the SMC update. I use the coolbook utility to monitor this (http://www.coolbook.se.
Mr. Giver '94
Nov 2, 05:39 PM
As if Apple will ever listen to anyone other than Steve Jobs... :rolleyes:
Flash would be great though...
Flash would be great though...
FoxyKaye
Sep 12, 03:31 PM
Took them long enough for gapless playback - I'm going to give it the Dark Side of the Moon and Moby Everything is Wrong Nonstop DJ Mix tests when I get home.
Anyone been playing with gapless so far? How do you like it?
Ugly, ugly duckling though - not the prettiest iTunes out there.
Anyone been playing with gapless so far? How do you like it?
Ugly, ugly duckling though - not the prettiest iTunes out there.
kugino
Sep 22, 03:41 PM
hate WM...only went there to get motor oil for my bike, but now that will change. WM, MS...big bullies, really.


No comments:
Post a Comment