
LukeW
Sep 12, 03:47 PM
I really hate that when you select something in the left hand menu, it is highlighted in black, just really doesnt work with the blue logos and the light blue background, it is just too dense and solid and really stands out!!

whatever
Nov 27, 12:35 PM
Strange. I could have sworn I'd heard the Rolling Stones weren't on iTunes yet. Personally I HATE them, that's why I never checked.
Any other musicians not in the iTunes music store yet?
Of the big bands, only AC-DC, The Beatles, Frank Zappa and Led Zepplin. Radiohead actually has two songs on iTunes.
Sure there are other bands not there, but these are the main ones missing.
Any other musicians not in the iTunes music store yet?
Of the big bands, only AC-DC, The Beatles, Frank Zappa and Led Zepplin. Radiohead actually has two songs on iTunes.
Sure there are other bands not there, but these are the main ones missing.
aswm
Sep 23, 07:16 AM
Here is a copy of an e-mail I sent to the FTC and DOJ yesterday (by way of copy from an e-mail to David Porter, the offending Wal-Mart executive). I urge everyone to do something similar:
Send to dporter@walmart.com, antitrust@ftc.com, and antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov
Dear Mr. Porter:
By this letter and by copy to the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice I hereby notify you that your reported behavior constitutes numerous violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act and the Federal Trade Commission Act. As reported in a wide variety of sources, you have been meeting with the heads of large movie studios and threatening to purchase fewer or return product from those studios that agree to distribute movies over Apple iTunes service (see, e.g., http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/09/22/wal.mart.threatens.studios/). This is an egregious restraint of trade that severely effects interstate commerce. News reports indicate that you have already "punished" Disney by returning thousands of DVDs and refusing to sell them. Because Wal-Mart sells 40% of the physical DVDs in the United States, you are in a privileged position and are abusing your market power. You are seeking to obtain concessions to sell content at Apple's prices (which does not include the manufacture, shipment, and sale of a physical item). Apple has innovated - something WalMart is incapable of -- and WalMart now wants to take advantage of Apple's innovation.
I urge the FTC and the DOJ to open criminal investigations into your behavior. In addition, your conduct violates your own "Corporate Code of Ethics," making a mockery of your supposed corporate values.
You should be ashamed of your luddite and monopolistic behavior.
Send to dporter@walmart.com, antitrust@ftc.com, and antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov
Dear Mr. Porter:
By this letter and by copy to the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice I hereby notify you that your reported behavior constitutes numerous violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act and the Federal Trade Commission Act. As reported in a wide variety of sources, you have been meeting with the heads of large movie studios and threatening to purchase fewer or return product from those studios that agree to distribute movies over Apple iTunes service (see, e.g., http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/09/22/wal.mart.threatens.studios/). This is an egregious restraint of trade that severely effects interstate commerce. News reports indicate that you have already "punished" Disney by returning thousands of DVDs and refusing to sell them. Because Wal-Mart sells 40% of the physical DVDs in the United States, you are in a privileged position and are abusing your market power. You are seeking to obtain concessions to sell content at Apple's prices (which does not include the manufacture, shipment, and sale of a physical item). Apple has innovated - something WalMart is incapable of -- and WalMart now wants to take advantage of Apple's innovation.
I urge the FTC and the DOJ to open criminal investigations into your behavior. In addition, your conduct violates your own "Corporate Code of Ethics," making a mockery of your supposed corporate values.
You should be ashamed of your luddite and monopolistic behavior.
iGary
Aug 24, 12:11 PM
Apple's having a bad day.
Creative and now this.
Creative and now this.
vi2867
Nov 27, 11:09 AM
I always hear people say, "I don't like the Beatles, but I like this song..."
What does this mean???:confused:
Is it me, or are they confused...
What does this mean???:confused:
Is it me, or are they confused...
TheBMill
Apr 14, 12:43 AM
Why isn�t anyone talking about how ugly this interface looks? White on Dark backgrounds = not fun on the eyes. Please tell me this isn�t how it will look. The background rendering and all that stuff is great, but I HOPE this interface is customizable and has the ability to look a little like the final cut of yesteryear.
joeboy_45101
Sep 22, 09:28 PM
Whether it's true or not all I have to say is this,
WALMART GO **** YOURSELF! AND THAT DAMN SMILEY FACE YOU RODE IN ON!
WALMART GO **** YOURSELF! AND THAT DAMN SMILEY FACE YOU RODE IN ON!
AidenShaw
Sep 6, 08:32 AM
I'm guessing you mean 3Gbps...
Apple likes firewire, they made it. eSATA is nice, but you can't daisy chain the drives. That's why I like firewire so much.
I meant 3000 Mbps, thanks for pointing out the typo.
Apple likes firewire, they made it. eSATA is nice, but you can't daisy chain the drives. That's why I like firewire so much.
I meant 3000 Mbps, thanks for pointing out the typo.
Demoman
Aug 29, 08:57 AM
According to the Wikipedia article, a Home Basic upgrade is only $99.95, which is cheaper than the standard $129 for OS X releases. Then again, education customers can often get Mac OS for around $70 in some cases, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if there will be education discounts for Vista or how much they will be. With so many versions and price points for Vista and an unknown price tag for Leopard, it's very complicated to make comparisons...
Now one of the big questions is, who can get a Home Basic upgrade and how much are Home Basic users missing out on if they get that as opposed to Aero, etc.? No one knows for sure all the details at this point and we won't know for sure until official announcements are made. Although I would take OS X over Windows any day, we have to be cautious I think before saying Mac's upgrades are cheaper than Windows'. It looks like in many cases they will be, but not necessarily in all cases.
You are mixing apples and oranges here sport. Vista BASIC does not have any comparison in the Apple world. You have to compare the Premium version of Vista.
Now one of the big questions is, who can get a Home Basic upgrade and how much are Home Basic users missing out on if they get that as opposed to Aero, etc.? No one knows for sure all the details at this point and we won't know for sure until official announcements are made. Although I would take OS X over Windows any day, we have to be cautious I think before saying Mac's upgrades are cheaper than Windows'. It looks like in many cases they will be, but not necessarily in all cases.
You are mixing apples and oranges here sport. Vista BASIC does not have any comparison in the Apple world. You have to compare the Premium version of Vista.
spriter
Sep 4, 02:14 PM
Come on Apple, an 80GB or higher (120!) capacity 5g ipod please with better battery life (more cache memory) please! Hopefully the Movie Store will push capacity to 80GB-100GB.
You can keep yer full-blown video iPod!
You can keep yer full-blown video iPod!
macgeek18
Apr 4, 03:35 PM
When you're married, it's a partnership, and it's no longer a case of "your money" and "her money", but a case of "OUR" money. Once responsibilities are out the way, then personal purchases can be looked at, but unless you're in a job where you have a LOT of disposable income far in excess of what's required to pay the mortgage and many bills, then yes it's only right you make sure you have the money to go out and buy a gadget which, most of the time, only you will use.
I'm fortunate that my wife enjoys using technology, but I still wouldn't go out on payday and just buy a new gadget without at least letting her know I was doing it, and if I spend money on something, it's only fair she does the same ... which means for whatever you spend, you need to double it and again it's only after looking at bills and responsibilities that you can do so.
Good post man. :) You obviously have your priorities straight.
I'm fortunate that my wife enjoys using technology, but I still wouldn't go out on payday and just buy a new gadget without at least letting her know I was doing it, and if I spend money on something, it's only fair she does the same ... which means for whatever you spend, you need to double it and again it's only after looking at bills and responsibilities that you can do so.
Good post man. :) You obviously have your priorities straight.
peharri
Sep 12, 03:11 PM
Did anyone else read the topic and say "You got that wrong! There already was a 2G iPod nano, it's the 8G one that's interesting!"
It took a few rereads before I realised they meant "2nd Generation"
It took a few rereads before I realised they meant "2nd Generation"
Nipsy
Oct 13, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Source
Good replies, Nipsy. Although you completely misunderstood some of my points addressed some points that i wasn't even talking about and also made some points that i completely disagree with.
I might make a proper reply addressing these tomorrow, if:
A. I have the time.
B. I can be bothered.
Oh and i'm well over 18, have a very high IQ and a masters degree. :) That doesn't make me any more likely to be right or wrong than you, i'm just saying, seeing as you made some delightful comments about 13 and under 18 year olds in your aforementioned post.
If you guys don't mind Apple being behind in hardware, then, quite honestly, stop whining about it.
So many Mac users spend hours a day, talking about Apple and what they're doing wrong, but never take any action. If those who care about Apple being the slowest computers on the market are not going to do something about it, then they should shut up about it.
If you're going to whine about it constantly and then get upset with someone who says it's not good enough, then you're just a stupid hypocrit. I realize that you're happy with the productivity your Mac(s) has brought you, and are incredibly loyal to Apple, as well you should be, but if you're going to complain about it, then at least make some attempt to do something about it. or shut up about it.
Just a quickie:
I'm not whining about anything. I think of Macs as entry level workstations (not as desktops), and as such, I find them cheap, reliable, and speedy.
I'd like more speed (as I do tax my machine), but I'm not known to whine about anything. If you'll notice, my post is very point/counterpoint, and primarily designed to dispel some of the myths proffered from either side of the fence. If you read it carefully, I think you'll see that I'm neither a hypocrite, nor stupid. My spelling and grammar are strong. My arguments and points are logical, and put forth based on data, published and empirical.
Note I was quick to agree that Macs are not the fastest machines...
Secondly, Macs are not the slowest machines on the market. For processing only arguments, the Mac line sits squarely between the top and bottom end Windows machines. For reliability (uptime, TCO), the Mac sits between more mature UNIX distros, and Windows.
As for age, there are a lot of people here in the 12-20 demographic, who agrue with zeal, but without fact. Oddly, it is this demographic which are most likely to buy neon case lights, watercoolers, billet milled aircraft aluminum cases, etc.
No need to take the vertical demographics as an insult!
Furthermore, what action do you propose we comsumers take to speed Apple development?
I would wager that no active posters have high level chip design on their resumes. I would further speculate that few really understand the in-and-outs of a complex gate setup, so I doubt we're going to design it for them.
Should we boycott Apple products? This drains R&D capital from Apple, and forces people to use Windows, certainly not an elegant soultion.
I am open to any suggestion you have as to how I can speed the delivery of a G5 or Power4 Lite.
Lastly, I'm a happy Apple customer, but my loyalty is available. If you can create a better matrix of performance/stability/standards based computing/availabilty of apps/cost/TCO/OS elegance I'm a customer.
Good replies, Nipsy. Although you completely misunderstood some of my points addressed some points that i wasn't even talking about and also made some points that i completely disagree with.
I might make a proper reply addressing these tomorrow, if:
A. I have the time.
B. I can be bothered.
Oh and i'm well over 18, have a very high IQ and a masters degree. :) That doesn't make me any more likely to be right or wrong than you, i'm just saying, seeing as you made some delightful comments about 13 and under 18 year olds in your aforementioned post.
If you guys don't mind Apple being behind in hardware, then, quite honestly, stop whining about it.
So many Mac users spend hours a day, talking about Apple and what they're doing wrong, but never take any action. If those who care about Apple being the slowest computers on the market are not going to do something about it, then they should shut up about it.
If you're going to whine about it constantly and then get upset with someone who says it's not good enough, then you're just a stupid hypocrit. I realize that you're happy with the productivity your Mac(s) has brought you, and are incredibly loyal to Apple, as well you should be, but if you're going to complain about it, then at least make some attempt to do something about it. or shut up about it.
Just a quickie:
I'm not whining about anything. I think of Macs as entry level workstations (not as desktops), and as such, I find them cheap, reliable, and speedy.
I'd like more speed (as I do tax my machine), but I'm not known to whine about anything. If you'll notice, my post is very point/counterpoint, and primarily designed to dispel some of the myths proffered from either side of the fence. If you read it carefully, I think you'll see that I'm neither a hypocrite, nor stupid. My spelling and grammar are strong. My arguments and points are logical, and put forth based on data, published and empirical.
Note I was quick to agree that Macs are not the fastest machines...
Secondly, Macs are not the slowest machines on the market. For processing only arguments, the Mac line sits squarely between the top and bottom end Windows machines. For reliability (uptime, TCO), the Mac sits between more mature UNIX distros, and Windows.
As for age, there are a lot of people here in the 12-20 demographic, who agrue with zeal, but without fact. Oddly, it is this demographic which are most likely to buy neon case lights, watercoolers, billet milled aircraft aluminum cases, etc.
No need to take the vertical demographics as an insult!
Furthermore, what action do you propose we comsumers take to speed Apple development?
I would wager that no active posters have high level chip design on their resumes. I would further speculate that few really understand the in-and-outs of a complex gate setup, so I doubt we're going to design it for them.
Should we boycott Apple products? This drains R&D capital from Apple, and forces people to use Windows, certainly not an elegant soultion.
I am open to any suggestion you have as to how I can speed the delivery of a G5 or Power4 Lite.
Lastly, I'm a happy Apple customer, but my loyalty is available. If you can create a better matrix of performance/stability/standards based computing/availabilty of apps/cost/TCO/OS elegance I'm a customer.
WWDC Lurker
Aug 4, 09:43 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but Digg has the following for an apple source on new products at WDDC:
http://digg.com/apple/Exclusive_interview_with_an_Apple_insider_on_Blu_ray_MacPro_iPods_at_WWDC
the direct article is at:
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple�s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
http://digg.com/apple/Exclusive_interview_with_an_Apple_insider_on_Blu_ray_MacPro_iPods_at_WWDC
the direct article is at:
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple�s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
constantsnags!
May 4, 11:04 PM
It's ridiculous that iOS hasn't already had this enabled - having to crawl back to my Mac to update my phone or iPad is just a total pain....oh, and let's have some wireless sync while we're at it. Get rid of that horrendously ugly, easily broken and filled with fluff connector once and for all. It's just nasty and Mr Ive and his people must hate having to include it.
brepublican
Sep 12, 05:14 PM
Nice to see coverflow in there although I do agree that it looked better before.
And is it just me or is it slower?
Frankly, I'm shocked no one has complained about the actual changes to the 'iTunes Store'! Yet. I'm looking at it using iTunes 6 and its like: :eek:
They've like basically overhauled the entire browser in there! I'm not too sure how I feel about it...
And is it just me or is it slower?
Frankly, I'm shocked no one has complained about the actual changes to the 'iTunes Store'! Yet. I'm looking at it using iTunes 6 and its like: :eek:
They've like basically overhauled the entire browser in there! I'm not too sure how I feel about it...
eTron
May 4, 10:59 PM
3D springboard and maybe limited access api's to enable it in 3rd party apps. iOS5 will also be bringing more OSX features like Lion is getting more iOS features. ;-)
Parkin Pig
Mar 15, 07:17 AM
My lovely girlfriend. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated!
Great background, which makes her stand out very well with her dark hair, and the shadow on her left arm. Not quite enough contrast between her right shoulder and the background (maybe dark sleeves would help?). I would have either brought the window in more to make its inclusion appear more deliberate, or excluded it altogether.
She looks to be slightly uncomfortable looking into the sun, but aren't we all?
My only other comment is that you're a lucky man!
Great background, which makes her stand out very well with her dark hair, and the shadow on her left arm. Not quite enough contrast between her right shoulder and the background (maybe dark sleeves would help?). I would have either brought the window in more to make its inclusion appear more deliberate, or excluded it altogether.
She looks to be slightly uncomfortable looking into the sun, but aren't we all?
My only other comment is that you're a lucky man!
Liquorpuki
May 6, 11:02 AM
Well that's interesting........and wouldn't that be an interesting reason for a smaller screen (to better accommodate "glasses free" 3D.
For a glasses free screen, you wouldn't need a smaller screen. You'd just need a resolution with twice the width, because you'd have left/right images superimposed on each other.
And now that I've thought about it, a lenticular screen wouldn't work on the iPad because the 3D effect wouldn't work in both landscape and portrait modes.
So this 3D rumor is BS
For a glasses free screen, you wouldn't need a smaller screen. You'd just need a resolution with twice the width, because you'd have left/right images superimposed on each other.
And now that I've thought about it, a lenticular screen wouldn't work on the iPad because the 3D effect wouldn't work in both landscape and portrait modes.
So this 3D rumor is BS
mrwonkers
Apr 15, 09:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
If you think about it, it's not all too surprising that some of these "professionals" are getting so worked up and sulky over this release. The notion that "pro editing" can belong to just about anyone, rather than an exclusive circle of elites, poses an existential crisis. Apple's re-thinking of editing is also a re-thinking of what it means to be "professional". The announcement sheds light on a future in which their "advanced", learned techniques are no longer advantageous. The "industry pros" are facing the plight of impending impotence. It's not something anyone would really openly admit, but I think they're feeling a bit naked, stripped of their status.
Who can blame them for being pissy?
I couldn't agree with you more, oh the poor professionals :(
They know that their days are numbered and so they are turning into big sooky ****s...... Fellas just deal with it.......Adapt or DIE...
If you think about it, it's not all too surprising that some of these "professionals" are getting so worked up and sulky over this release. The notion that "pro editing" can belong to just about anyone, rather than an exclusive circle of elites, poses an existential crisis. Apple's re-thinking of editing is also a re-thinking of what it means to be "professional". The announcement sheds light on a future in which their "advanced", learned techniques are no longer advantageous. The "industry pros" are facing the plight of impending impotence. It's not something anyone would really openly admit, but I think they're feeling a bit naked, stripped of their status.
Who can blame them for being pissy?
I couldn't agree with you more, oh the poor professionals :(
They know that their days are numbered and so they are turning into big sooky ****s...... Fellas just deal with it.......Adapt or DIE...
jgk6502
Mar 21, 11:17 PM
After he received the iPad2, he scrambled around his house looking for other things to return, with a same stickie note attached.
Playboy subscription - Wife says no. Hugh says yes, as a bunny shows up at his door.
Playboy subscription - Wife says no. Hugh says yes, as a bunny shows up at his door.
HecubusPro
Sep 22, 12:49 PM
Screw Wal-mart! They should shrivel up and die. I grew up in the epicenter of Wal-Mart's birthplace and it is nothing more than a plague on small-town (and larger city) life.
jholzner
Aug 3, 07:15 PM
my thoughts about the Banner: There are no new products on this banner (ok, the DVD) only products wich we already know.
Power Mac/ Mac Pro
iMac
Macbook /(Pro)
iPod Nano
thats all i can see. so you will see, that there is no "normal" iPod on the picture. Why the hell ist that? Are they going to release a new one?
I realy don't belive in this, but it seems strange to me, that theree are all hardware products on the banner with only the iPod missing......
The iSight isn't up there either. Maybe it's getting axed.
Power Mac/ Mac Pro
iMac
Macbook /(Pro)
iPod Nano
thats all i can see. so you will see, that there is no "normal" iPod on the picture. Why the hell ist that? Are they going to release a new one?
I realy don't belive in this, but it seems strange to me, that theree are all hardware products on the banner with only the iPod missing......
The iSight isn't up there either. Maybe it's getting axed.
obeygiant
Apr 7, 03:14 PM
This is not true. There is no specific assertion in the Old Testament of any triune nature of god.
Some say Isaiah 9:6 ("http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%209:6;&version=ESV;) attests to the trinity. Handel's Messiah anyone? :)
Some say Isaiah 9:6 ("http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%209:6;&version=ESV;) attests to the trinity. Handel's Messiah anyone? :)


No comments:
Post a Comment