
randyharris
Nov 6, 11:03 PM
Slap a Core 2 Duo in it, bump it up to a 15 or 15.4 inch screen and watch it become Apples best selling notebook ever.
:)
:)
Apple OC
Mar 10, 09:11 PM
I like how Thomas V and Quagmire did theirs ... IMO reasonable
macduke
Apr 11, 12:47 AM
Haha, so can we now bill our client the monthly price if they need vector work done in Illustrator, just like we would bill them for the fonts or anything else?
I started using Photoshop at version 5.5 when I was about 12. So I was kind of confused when I just saw this pop up in my Twitter feed. I had a flashback! Crazy how we have come this far. This new model sounds interesting, but will it beat the people who pirate software? Unlikely.
Now time to dive-in and see what these changes are...
Did anyone see this coming?? Feels almost like a late April Fool's joke.
I started using Photoshop at version 5.5 when I was about 12. So I was kind of confused when I just saw this pop up in my Twitter feed. I had a flashback! Crazy how we have come this far. This new model sounds interesting, but will it beat the people who pirate software? Unlikely.
Now time to dive-in and see what these changes are...
Did anyone see this coming?? Feels almost like a late April Fool's joke.
herdnerfer
Mar 25, 09:13 PM
I hate how you have to download the entire OS every time there's a small update like this. 666MB for a few bug fixes... Also, what's up with the 666MB? Maybe we should stay away from this update guys lol.
Could be not a coincidence. The first apple computer did sell for $666.66.....
Could be not a coincidence. The first apple computer did sell for $666.66.....
NT1440
Mar 10, 11:34 PM
As for why Countries like Canada and the US fare better with a large Military.
Let's call it a personal preference ... I am not as convinced as others that may believe having a strong Military should be a low priority.
Again, you've said nothing. No reasoning, no rationale, no facts, just pure speculation.
Let's call it a personal preference ... I am not as convinced as others that may believe having a strong Military should be a low priority.
Again, you've said nothing. No reasoning, no rationale, no facts, just pure speculation.
Keleko
Mar 5, 04:19 PM
This is the last of the mythical creatures shots. The Rok was another one too big for the frame. I did take one wide-angle of the whole thing, but it lacked the drama of this one. And look! I finally have a bird picture to share! ;)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5139/5497982071_cd6da5a172_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5497982071/)
I have dinosaur fossil pictures from this same day, and I also have a series of pictures of Lilburn, GA old town (suburb where I live that is near Atlanta). Anyone have a preference?
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5139/5497982071_cd6da5a172_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5497982071/)
I have dinosaur fossil pictures from this same day, and I also have a series of pictures of Lilburn, GA old town (suburb where I live that is near Atlanta). Anyone have a preference?
Websnapx2
Aug 4, 09:57 AM
If they put an iSight in the Cinema Displays and axe the stand alone iSight that would mean you would have to buy an ACD just to use the video stuff with the Powermac/Mac pro AND the mini.

Taylor Swift rare.

Taylor Swift - Rare Songs

Youtube taylor swift rare pics

These are all Taylor Swift

I think this is taylor.

taylor swift rare

Taylor Swift Rare Photos

Taylor Swift

Roger with Taylor Swift - 2008

Taylor-swift-10259-3

Taylor Swift is in the UK this

RARE TAYLOR SWIFT WHITE HORSE
mentholiptus
Apr 13, 05:13 PM
Currently the Mac App Store has no way of offering an upgrade to existing Mac software. I don't see that changing.
I suspect that all these apps will be stripped of their sample media. They're all quite small without them. Perhaps Apple will sell those files separately on their own on DVDs?
Yeah, we'll see. I guess it all depends on what Apple decides, eh? Unless they've condensed 7-9 apps into 1-4 and ditched all the sample media for livetype, soundtrack pro, motion, DVD studio pro, etc then I strongly doubt it'll be an app store exclusive. I can tell you though, our IT staff won't be very fond of having to go through the Mac app store to keep our entire AV dept up and running.
Aperture is still sold in a box at a higher price, and I'm sure all pro apps will be as well for the foreseeable future. FCP and Aperture as stand alone apps are relatively small, and aperture doesn't ship with 7 discs.
I suspect that all these apps will be stripped of their sample media. They're all quite small without them. Perhaps Apple will sell those files separately on their own on DVDs?
Yeah, we'll see. I guess it all depends on what Apple decides, eh? Unless they've condensed 7-9 apps into 1-4 and ditched all the sample media for livetype, soundtrack pro, motion, DVD studio pro, etc then I strongly doubt it'll be an app store exclusive. I can tell you though, our IT staff won't be very fond of having to go through the Mac app store to keep our entire AV dept up and running.
Aperture is still sold in a box at a higher price, and I'm sure all pro apps will be as well for the foreseeable future. FCP and Aperture as stand alone apps are relatively small, and aperture doesn't ship with 7 discs.
Huntn
Sep 18, 08:20 AM
halo = quake rip off.
Quake (1996)= Marathon (1994) rip off. The inaccuracy of your statement is that Bungie made both Marathon and Halo (2001). :p
Ok, what I want to know, is the Master Chief around? I never understood the ending of Halo 3. But I figured it out after reading this Halo3 Wikipedia link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3). If you did not finish the the game on LEGENDARY, they withheld part of the story and misled you!! Bastardos! ;)
My preorder of Halo Reach is enroute.
Quake (1996)= Marathon (1994) rip off. The inaccuracy of your statement is that Bungie made both Marathon and Halo (2001). :p
Ok, what I want to know, is the Master Chief around? I never understood the ending of Halo 3. But I figured it out after reading this Halo3 Wikipedia link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3). If you did not finish the the game on LEGENDARY, they withheld part of the story and misled you!! Bastardos! ;)
My preorder of Halo Reach is enroute.
Lollypop
Aug 8, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know more about the FB-dimm memory used on the mac pro? from what I know its still ultra new, and only used by intel on their xeon line. Shouldn't this mean supper expensive and rare memory???

awesomebase
Apr 12, 08:50 AM
Easiest solution is to skip Adobe... they've continually disregarded market "prices" for their products for years (even MS grew up to the fact that you can't charge end users $750 per license for Office when free alternatives exist). There are legitimately better applications produced by smaller companies as well as Apple without having to spend this kind of atrocious amount of money. Products from IMSI, Omni, etc. are cheap and very good. $650 for PS? Gimmie a break... it isn't worth 1/10 of that...
aegisdesign
Aug 29, 10:16 AM
Remember, if you buy Vista, it'll most likely last at least 4-5 years before the next paid upgrade, unlike with OS X where if you want the latest and greatest, you're looking at an upgrade almost every year.
Wow, not getting updates to your OS for half a decade is now an advantage is it?
And Windows users accuse Mac owners of being delusional!
Wow, not getting updates to your OS for half a decade is now an advantage is it?
And Windows users accuse Mac owners of being delusional!
Popeye206
Apr 17, 12:53 PM
The easiest way to get one right now is to watch the Walmart site and check out the in-store availability. I keep seeing them come and go here, but at least you can see if they have any before driving around.
BTW... I went to get mine and missed it by minutes. :( Showed on-line and was sold by the time I got there.
Oh... This Best Buy deal... by the looks of it, this BIG promotion by Best Buys was just a shame to get people in the store. I'm not a big fan of Best Buys.
BTW... I went to get mine and missed it by minutes. :( Showed on-line and was sold by the time I got there.
Oh... This Best Buy deal... by the looks of it, this BIG promotion by Best Buys was just a shame to get people in the store. I'm not a big fan of Best Buys.
Peace
Jan 11, 11:53 AM
If this is the theme this year then it looks like wireless is the main product announcements. Unless they want to hide any reference to multi-touch.
anim8or
Sep 6, 09:15 AM
Does anyone think that as we have seen the Mac Mini's update was just a speed bump, that the MacBook will only see a speed bump too.
There has been a debate as to whether the MacBook will see 'merom' this year, i think that the evidence speaks for itself... ...not til next year.
Here is how i see it;
Mac Mini, MacBook White - Consumer models - Core Duo til late this year or early next
iMac, MacBook Black - Bridge between consumer and pro - Core 2 Duo (Possibly not in the BlackBook but perhaps as an option?)
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro - Pro Models - Core 2 Duo
Just my opinion... ...what does everyone else think?
There has been a debate as to whether the MacBook will see 'merom' this year, i think that the evidence speaks for itself... ...not til next year.
Here is how i see it;
Mac Mini, MacBook White - Consumer models - Core Duo til late this year or early next
iMac, MacBook Black - Bridge between consumer and pro - Core 2 Duo (Possibly not in the BlackBook but perhaps as an option?)
Mac Pro, MacBook Pro - Pro Models - Core 2 Duo
Just my opinion... ...what does everyone else think?
motulist
Aug 7, 11:28 PM
I find it weird that you get a remote control and front row on a lower end machine but you can't even get it as a custom configuration option on the higher end machines. I understand that these are supposed to be the "professional" machines and iMacs are for "consumers," but in the real world that delineation doesn't mean much. Many people buying Mac Pros are getting them as their home computer, and it's pretty lame that you drop extra money on the high end and can't do some of the really cool things that can be done on a lower end model.
That said, I'd gladly accept a Mac Pro if someone wanted to buy me one so they can prove that it doesn't matter. ;)
That said, I'd gladly accept a Mac Pro if someone wanted to buy me one so they can prove that it doesn't matter. ;)
TheWatchfulOne
Nov 25, 12:27 PM
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits...
Is this close enough for you?
http://buythebutchercover.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Beatles-Butcher-Cover.jpg
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits...
Is this close enough for you?
http://buythebutchercover.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Beatles-Butcher-Cover.jpg
goosnarrggh
Nov 8, 09:37 AM
But does the 1GB use one memory slot or two?
As long as the MacBook continues to use integrated graphics, you will never see Apple shipping them with single-memory-stick configurations. Unlike the MacBook Pro, using mismatched memory sticks in a MacBook's slots actually results in a potentially painful performance hit.
That's because, if the memory inserted in all slots are perfectly matched, the memory manager can handle multiple requests at once: one access for each memory slot. The GMA950's memory is ideally all grouped together on one memory stick. This way, one stick will never be tied up servicing the GMA950, so the CPUs will always have exclusive access to it. Only the single "shared" stick ever needs to be deal with possible contention from multiple masters.
If you only have one memory stick, then the CPUs and the GPU will always need to fight each other for their turn at accessing memory.
As long as the MacBook continues to use integrated graphics, you will never see Apple shipping them with single-memory-stick configurations. Unlike the MacBook Pro, using mismatched memory sticks in a MacBook's slots actually results in a potentially painful performance hit.
That's because, if the memory inserted in all slots are perfectly matched, the memory manager can handle multiple requests at once: one access for each memory slot. The GMA950's memory is ideally all grouped together on one memory stick. This way, one stick will never be tied up servicing the GMA950, so the CPUs will always have exclusive access to it. Only the single "shared" stick ever needs to be deal with possible contention from multiple masters.
If you only have one memory stick, then the CPUs and the GPU will always need to fight each other for their turn at accessing memory.
DaBrain
Mar 28, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure many would agree with you on that. Apple has always been a hardware company. Just because their software drives their hardware doesn't mean they are software focused. If they were primarily a software company, they would have gone the way of Microsoft and put out MacOS to run on any generic PC box. But we all know their take on that. Just to drive my point home, when was the last time Apple released a piece of software that people went nuts about and stood in lines for hours to get?
There's an old saying, " What good is the hardware without the software?" ;)
There's an old saying, " What good is the hardware without the software?" ;)
Gregintosh
Apr 12, 01:11 PM
Whoever said that was hard to understand? Not me!
This is a big problem (and has been for 30+ years)...that everything we buy in the USA is made somewhere else...USA no longer manufactures except for our junky USA cars.
Sure...at some point when this all started decades ago, it WAS cheaper to build certain things outside the US...but then everyone got on the bandwagon and now it's the norm. (Thanks politicians!)
The "it's cheaper to build outside the US!" is a bogus argument and has become an evil of our own doing.
If it costs X to build in the US, please don't tell me it costs 1/10th of X to build, import, pay taxes, blah blah blah, to get it back into your company's hands.
We can all agree that some things, yes, are easier and/or cheaper to build outside the US for a variety of reasons. Our USA system needs some serious overhauls to get stuff to be built back in the US other than screws and toilet paper.
You are still not getting it. It does cost a fraction to build things outside the US.
The US minimum wage is $8.25 per hour in many states. The minimum wage in a country like the Philippines is about $0.71.
Because of labor unions and their regulations, a manufacturer typically needs to pay significantly above minimum wage anyway, PLUS benefits like health insurance cost way more. In the Philippines (which I bring up because I employ people there) health care cost about $10 per worker per month. Here in the US it can cost several hundred.
Payroll taxes are no picnic either. Typically, in the US the total cost of hiring a worker when you factor in payroll, admin, benefits, etc. is that worker's salary + 25%.
Labor is one of the biggest expenses any company has. Manufacturing requires a lot of labor too. You need people to operate machines, fix machines, load products, even assemble certain items by hand in some cases.
So you can easily do the math. Where in one country you can get people for a dollar an hour to work and in other you get them for $10-$12 an hour, clearly the cost to operate in expensive country is 10x as much. That means you have to raise your prices that much more.
Now all total manufacturing expenses aren't 10x more, since raw materials will typically cost the same anywhere in the world and there are some overhead expenses as well, but that labor difference is still huge when you consider a company like FoxConn that has 920,000 employees.
Moving to the US would mean they would effectively have labor costs as if they were hiring 10 million employees instead of 1 million. You can't say that wouldn't make them raise their prices several fold to compensate for that.
You can run the math yourself based on their number of employees, average wages in China, average wages in the US and their profit margins.
Anyone who thinks it costs the same or only slightly more to produce here is living in a dream world.
This is a big problem (and has been for 30+ years)...that everything we buy in the USA is made somewhere else...USA no longer manufactures except for our junky USA cars.
Sure...at some point when this all started decades ago, it WAS cheaper to build certain things outside the US...but then everyone got on the bandwagon and now it's the norm. (Thanks politicians!)
The "it's cheaper to build outside the US!" is a bogus argument and has become an evil of our own doing.
If it costs X to build in the US, please don't tell me it costs 1/10th of X to build, import, pay taxes, blah blah blah, to get it back into your company's hands.
We can all agree that some things, yes, are easier and/or cheaper to build outside the US for a variety of reasons. Our USA system needs some serious overhauls to get stuff to be built back in the US other than screws and toilet paper.
You are still not getting it. It does cost a fraction to build things outside the US.
The US minimum wage is $8.25 per hour in many states. The minimum wage in a country like the Philippines is about $0.71.
Because of labor unions and their regulations, a manufacturer typically needs to pay significantly above minimum wage anyway, PLUS benefits like health insurance cost way more. In the Philippines (which I bring up because I employ people there) health care cost about $10 per worker per month. Here in the US it can cost several hundred.
Payroll taxes are no picnic either. Typically, in the US the total cost of hiring a worker when you factor in payroll, admin, benefits, etc. is that worker's salary + 25%.
Labor is one of the biggest expenses any company has. Manufacturing requires a lot of labor too. You need people to operate machines, fix machines, load products, even assemble certain items by hand in some cases.
So you can easily do the math. Where in one country you can get people for a dollar an hour to work and in other you get them for $10-$12 an hour, clearly the cost to operate in expensive country is 10x as much. That means you have to raise your prices that much more.
Now all total manufacturing expenses aren't 10x more, since raw materials will typically cost the same anywhere in the world and there are some overhead expenses as well, but that labor difference is still huge when you consider a company like FoxConn that has 920,000 employees.
Moving to the US would mean they would effectively have labor costs as if they were hiring 10 million employees instead of 1 million. You can't say that wouldn't make them raise their prices several fold to compensate for that.
You can run the math yourself based on their number of employees, average wages in China, average wages in the US and their profit margins.
Anyone who thinks it costs the same or only slightly more to produce here is living in a dream world.
atari1356
Aug 29, 08:42 AM
bodes well for Linux and OS X...
I wonder what MS is doing in Vista to prevent piracy? At that price I'm sure a lot of people will be tempted to pirate it.
I wonder what MS is doing in Vista to prevent piracy? At that price I'm sure a lot of people will be tempted to pirate it.
tsmithgolf2000
Aug 24, 12:09 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060824/apple_recall.html?.v=1
jaduffy108
Sep 24, 04:30 AM
The New York Post.....hahaha
Only a bunch of idiotic liberals would believe anything that comes out of that rag.:D
### Please stay in Nashville...
Only a bunch of idiotic liberals would believe anything that comes out of that rag.:D
### Please stay in Nashville...
bogen
Nov 7, 12:42 PM
I want one so bad it hurts but still going to wait for Macworld:D


No comments:
Post a Comment