
Huntn
Oct 9, 12:13 PM
We completed the game on regular and are about 3/4 finished with the game on Heroic. All in all, it is worth playing. High points are jet packs, space combat, flying combat. Graphics/movies are awesome. I realize this is the prequel to the Halo trilogy, and as such it is worthy, but some aspects feel repetitive. I think it comes with the territory (5th game or so of a shooter series). I wish there had been more tank based combat, where it is your tank, and not hijacking one.
Normally I like playing on "regular" and just cruising through the game enjoying the sights and encounters so I don't have a good comparison with previous Halo games, but I read that the A.I. is improved and I've noticed on Heroic, generally speaking it's not real safe hiding in a corner waiting for your health to regenerate. The baddies tend to come for you. :)
It would have been good to see Master Chief...
BTW, I'm playing with with my nephew. Regarding accumulated credits, he is an aggressive player who gets shot to pieces but in the end makes more kills than I do, along with lots of extra deaths. I would assume that since he has earned twice as much credit as I have, that the game only cares about kills and not kills per death? I'm more conservative focused on staying alive, so this is a little annoying. :p
The last Halo. I need to see what Bungie is working on for the next big project. Anyone have a good link? I found this at kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5657115/halo-creators-tease-mmo-as-their-next-big-thing?skyline=true&s=i):
Speaking at Game Developers Conference Online creative director Joe Staten hinted that Bungie's next project could feature "a world that was always there for you." Does Bungie have a shooter MMO up its sleeve?
News update:: Halo sucks...Borderlands is a much better game ;)
I enjoy both, so you must be picky. ;)
Normally I like playing on "regular" and just cruising through the game enjoying the sights and encounters so I don't have a good comparison with previous Halo games, but I read that the A.I. is improved and I've noticed on Heroic, generally speaking it's not real safe hiding in a corner waiting for your health to regenerate. The baddies tend to come for you. :)
It would have been good to see Master Chief...
BTW, I'm playing with with my nephew. Regarding accumulated credits, he is an aggressive player who gets shot to pieces but in the end makes more kills than I do, along with lots of extra deaths. I would assume that since he has earned twice as much credit as I have, that the game only cares about kills and not kills per death? I'm more conservative focused on staying alive, so this is a little annoying. :p
The last Halo. I need to see what Bungie is working on for the next big project. Anyone have a good link? I found this at kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5657115/halo-creators-tease-mmo-as-their-next-big-thing?skyline=true&s=i):
Speaking at Game Developers Conference Online creative director Joe Staten hinted that Bungie's next project could feature "a world that was always there for you." Does Bungie have a shooter MMO up its sleeve?
News update:: Halo sucks...Borderlands is a much better game ;)
I enjoy both, so you must be picky. ;)
xriderx11
Apr 2, 12:14 AM
WOW!!!! 8 megapixe?!!!!!!! i remember like 5 years ago when i bought a 200$ camera and it was 6 megapixels and it was considered amazing and here is the iphone with a 8!!! ITS CRAZZZYYY:confused:
Lara F
Mar 29, 09:05 PM
I'd be fine with waiting till fall to upgrade my 3GS if it meant LTE. Yes, I know the tech is nascent but the timing would seriously suck for entering a 2 year contract on a phone without it. That's the main problem. I don't want to have to wait till 2013 or upgrade after just one year (and there's no guarantee either carrier would allow it).
neoelectronaut
Sep 12, 03:01 PM
iTunes now provides access to an "Album Artist" tag which should help keep those duets and other collaborations in line without having to declare them as compilations.
B
Please explain further.
B
Please explain further.

yoak
Apr 15, 09:27 AM
Wow, we went a whole hour without this old one popping up again. I feel embarrassed for you.
I don't know, to me Final Cut Suite was always a steal. The 'revolution' started over 10 years ago. Unfortunately, broadcasters still require HDCAM/SR deliveries so rentals aren't necessarily a thing of the past yet. I can't wait for the day we can just deliver a quicktime file.
It�s nearer than you think, at least here. We were allowed to deliver 7*30min episodes as ProRes files on a hard drive to the main broadcaster here (NRK1 HD, the BBC equivalent) in Norway in January.
First they wanted HDCAM, but we argued that we would just lose a couple of generations this way. We had used quite a bit of Gopro and CAnon 5D footage and we didn�t want that to go through too many unnecessary convertions.
They agreed
I don't know, to me Final Cut Suite was always a steal. The 'revolution' started over 10 years ago. Unfortunately, broadcasters still require HDCAM/SR deliveries so rentals aren't necessarily a thing of the past yet. I can't wait for the day we can just deliver a quicktime file.
It�s nearer than you think, at least here. We were allowed to deliver 7*30min episodes as ProRes files on a hard drive to the main broadcaster here (NRK1 HD, the BBC equivalent) in Norway in January.
First they wanted HDCAM, but we argued that we would just lose a couple of generations this way. We had used quite a bit of Gopro and CAnon 5D footage and we didn�t want that to go through too many unnecessary convertions.
They agreed
flopticalcube
May 4, 10:01 PM
Yuck! No thanks.
Bubba Satori
Apr 17, 02:15 PM
Magic.
As long as Dollar General and Big Lots don't sell them.
Their customers are real knuckle draggers.
Stay tuned.
As long as Dollar General and Big Lots don't sell them.
Their customers are real knuckle draggers.
Stay tuned.
PCtoMAC?
Sep 28, 05:41 PM
Yea, the enemies drop plenty of weapons.... if you want crappy Plasma Pistols and Needlers.
Am I the only one who likes the needler?
Am I the only one who likes the needler?
BigDukeSix
Mar 28, 03:34 PM
If Apple had done this way back in the day, made their products readily available in stores, maybe they would have won the PC wars. I certainly remember the days when you could only get an Apple product via mail order, and you could never play with them in a store. Anytime you can get max products into max hands, its a good thing.
notjustjay
Mar 18, 02:12 PM
I think the iPod Classic still has its place in the line-up, at least until flash storage catches up with hard-drive based storage. Once we see a 128-gig iPod Touch, that gap will be eliminated (and this may well be the only reason why Apple still sells the Classic).
I do think it's incredible to see how much the technology has evolved since 2001. That unassuming little mp3 player has become one of the world's best-selling smartphones and the current world leading tablet computer, as well as helping to create a revolution in the way music and media is sold and distributed.
I do think it's incredible to see how much the technology has evolved since 2001. That unassuming little mp3 player has become one of the world's best-selling smartphones and the current world leading tablet computer, as well as helping to create a revolution in the way music and media is sold and distributed.
pyramid6
Aug 8, 11:46 AM
It's a http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=PHP1_10297&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10297.
:(
:(
iGary
Aug 24, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty surprised by coverage of these stories so far.
It's basically
Exploding DELL & APPLE batteries, manufactured by sony.
It really should be
SONY, who can't even build batteries worth a **** anymore let alone anything else, has screwed the pooch for Dell and Apple.
Well Apple certainly got more sensational coverage over their recall. Hence the Apple haters in my life barraging me with BS. :rolleyes:
It's basically
Exploding DELL & APPLE batteries, manufactured by sony.
It really should be
SONY, who can't even build batteries worth a **** anymore let alone anything else, has screwed the pooch for Dell and Apple.
Well Apple certainly got more sensational coverage over their recall. Hence the Apple haters in my life barraging me with BS. :rolleyes:
ciTiger
May 5, 05:00 AM
For those complaining about costs - ever thought that maybe the whole purpose of negotiation is for the carrier to host and distribute those updates free of charge to end users rather than chewing up customer's monthly traffic allowance?
I wanna know how that will work for the rest of the world carriers....
I wanna know how that will work for the rest of the world carriers....
technicolor
Sep 14, 05:56 AM
New nanos are absolutely gorgeous! While I am not in the market for one, I think they are a great improvement. I am tempted to get a cheap 2 gig one, but eh...I will save my duckets. I wish the shuffles shipped... I would get my bro one for his bday.:(
bwilfong
Aug 24, 01:11 PM
Just to clarify, there are TWO battery recalls, one from a while ago, and one announced today.
The one announced today is located here
https://support.apple.com/ibook_powerbook/batteryexchange/index.html
The previous one is located here
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html
Do not confuse the two!!!
So why is the other, older recall now missing from the page! It just makes the Apple site look stupid.
The one announced today is located here
https://support.apple.com/ibook_powerbook/batteryexchange/index.html
The previous one is located here
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html
Do not confuse the two!!!
So why is the other, older recall now missing from the page! It just makes the Apple site look stupid.
AidenShaw
Sep 6, 08:40 AM
Why not 4GB of RAM?
The system uses some of the 4 GiB of physical address space to map I/O busses and devices.
For example, that 256 MiB of VRAM on the graphics card appears in the physical address space -- which means that only 3.75 GiB is available for real memory. PCIe busses take more, as well as network and other needs. PCI Express reserves a lot of memory for I/O space.
A with a 32-bit chipset the OS has to "ignore" any real memory that's usurped by I/O space reserved addressing. A 64-bit chipset (with a 64-bit OS) doesn't have that problem.
I have a 4 GiB Dell D620, but Windows and Linux only see about 3.1 GiB of that due to the I/O space issues. I expect that OSX86 has the same restrictions - since it's a hardware issue.
IBM only offers 3 GiB configs of the same Yonah/Napa combination - apparently to avoid "where's the rest of my memory" complaints. It looks like Apple is copying IBM's approach.
_____________________
The ProMac has a 64-bit capable chipset, so the memory extensions that were used for the PowerMac G5 can be used to avoid this issue.
The Napa chipset is 32-bit - Santa Rosa will be 64-bit.
The system uses some of the 4 GiB of physical address space to map I/O busses and devices.
For example, that 256 MiB of VRAM on the graphics card appears in the physical address space -- which means that only 3.75 GiB is available for real memory. PCIe busses take more, as well as network and other needs. PCI Express reserves a lot of memory for I/O space.
A with a 32-bit chipset the OS has to "ignore" any real memory that's usurped by I/O space reserved addressing. A 64-bit chipset (with a 64-bit OS) doesn't have that problem.
I have a 4 GiB Dell D620, but Windows and Linux only see about 3.1 GiB of that due to the I/O space issues. I expect that OSX86 has the same restrictions - since it's a hardware issue.
IBM only offers 3 GiB configs of the same Yonah/Napa combination - apparently to avoid "where's the rest of my memory" complaints. It looks like Apple is copying IBM's approach.
_____________________
The ProMac has a 64-bit capable chipset, so the memory extensions that were used for the PowerMac G5 can be used to avoid this issue.
The Napa chipset is 32-bit - Santa Rosa will be 64-bit.
jmcrutch
Mar 21, 03:02 PM
^^ Not that the above arguments with said spouse can ever be won, but try pointing out to her that the amount of money she spends on hair appointments in just a few months would probably cover the cost of an iPad. If that doesn't work, then total up all the miscellaneous receipts that come from places like Walgreens, CVS, etc. If that doesn't work, remind her that you spent tons of money on her when you were dating ... money that she didn't have to spend on herself. When all that doesn't work, continue playing with your iPhone, as you sleep on the sofa.
roland.g
Mar 29, 10:11 AM
I think I'll enjoy my iPhone 4 a while longer and my battery life. LTE is not prevalent enough yet, nor are the chipsets able to run low power enough. Mid 2012 is the best timeframe for LTE. Any earlier and you are on the bleeding edge of no infrastructure. The networks and the technology simply aren't ready.
Oh, and the biggest myth about LTE: People actually believe there will be a significant bandwidth improvement. Sorry, but the jump from EDGE to 3G was much more significant than 3G to LTE, especially with 3G running at 7.2.
Oh, and the biggest myth about LTE: People actually believe there will be a significant bandwidth improvement. Sorry, but the jump from EDGE to 3G was much more significant than 3G to LTE, especially with 3G running at 7.2.
mrsir2009
May 5, 01:54 PM
Quote from the Simpsons: "Wow, 3D is so cool! I wish real life was in 3D..."
someoldguy
Mar 11, 06:47 PM
'Nother one from my first outing with the M8
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/61mg73/l100072_1cs.jpg
M8 , Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 @ 50 , f4 (?) @ 1/15 , iso 320
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/61mg73/l100072_1cs.jpg
M8 , Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 @ 50 , f4 (?) @ 1/15 , iso 320
bobert1985
Aug 4, 10:18 AM
Here's another link about Blu-Ray and other stuff.
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple%E2%80%99s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
BTW,
Fakity fake fake fake.
He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.
FAKE.
My sentiments exactly.
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple%E2%80%99s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
BTW,
Fakity fake fake fake.
He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.
FAKE.
My sentiments exactly.
Spectrum
Aug 24, 02:06 PM
Seems pointless trying to do anything about it immediately. My PB serial number and battery serial numbers match the list, but I get:
"This computer serial number is not eligible for the Battery Exchange Program."
and
"This serial number is invalid or does not qualify for the program."
Looks like they need to fix the site.
"This computer serial number is not eligible for the Battery Exchange Program."
and
"This serial number is invalid or does not qualify for the program."
Looks like they need to fix the site.
PlaceofDis
Jul 22, 08:32 PM
honestly. i would love this.
gelinasbrian
Oct 18, 04:08 PM
You can change the tracking settings to make it faster...
TY for the info. I have been made aware of the settings from a few people. I still like the Trackpad better though.;)
TY for the info. I have been made aware of the settings from a few people. I still like the Trackpad better though.;)


No comments:
Post a Comment