FadeToBlack
Sep 14, 04:13 AM
Got my Black nano by UPS this morning, it is really really nice. Here are two pics (I don't think there have been any user black nano pictures so far):
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4442/1001156te5.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001156te5.jpg)
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4868/1001158io5.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001158io5.jpg)
If you would like any more just ask,
Frankie
I have been wondering what the Black Aluminum would look like. Looks great!
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4442/1001156te5.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001156te5.jpg)
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4868/1001158io5.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001158io5.jpg)
If you would like any more just ask,
Frankie
I have been wondering what the Black Aluminum would look like. Looks great!
SevenInchScrew
Sep 27, 02:18 PM
All the enemies drop weapons and ammo when killed, and as said, there are plenty of caches around. One just has to be quick switching from weapon to weapon. It would be nice if enemies ran out of ammo though....
Yea, the enemies drop plenty of weapons.... if you want crappy Plasma Pistols and Needlers. You have to totally scrounge to find anything headshot-capable. The Pistol and DMR are great, as is the Needle Rifle, but they are just far to rare. One thing that is nice about the enemies dropping plenty of Plasma Pistols; you can work the "Noob Combo" on the Elites and Brutes like crazy. Works like a charm. That is, if you have a headshot weapon, which you probably won't :p
Yea, the enemies drop plenty of weapons.... if you want crappy Plasma Pistols and Needlers. You have to totally scrounge to find anything headshot-capable. The Pistol and DMR are great, as is the Needle Rifle, but they are just far to rare. One thing that is nice about the enemies dropping plenty of Plasma Pistols; you can work the "Noob Combo" on the Elites and Brutes like crazy. Works like a charm. That is, if you have a headshot weapon, which you probably won't :p

twoodcc
Apr 2, 01:29 AM
sounds good to me. hopefully recording video at 1080P also

nsayer
Mar 25, 01:38 PM
I've been going thru these forums for about a year now. I find good posts and opinions but I hate these snide comments from people. Not everyone is as tech savvy as many who post here. I'm sick of scrolling past these guys that have nothing better to do than mock others.
I'm sick of scrolling past these guys that have nothing better to do than mock those who mock others.
I'm sick of scrolling past these guys that have nothing better to do than mock those who mock others.

paja
Apr 17, 04:19 PM
Toys R' Us?
I find it kind of embarrassing that Apple is choosing this as an outlet.
I find it kind of embarrassing that Apple is choosing this as an outlet.

xUKHCx
Apr 14, 10:10 AM
I understand HP and Dell having such a huge market share because of large businesses and old people, but ACER?!...
I'm fairly certain they just dumped 1.8 million units off their trucks this quarter and said somebody bought them...
From the report:
Acer was affected by continued turbulence in EMEA, its biggest market. Moreover, the vendor is stilling feeling the pullback in the Mini Notebook and Consumer space, while its upcoming tablets have yet to fill in the void. In the U.S., Acer also ceded its place to a surging Apple in the US
I'm fairly certain they just dumped 1.8 million units off their trucks this quarter and said somebody bought them...
From the report:
Acer was affected by continued turbulence in EMEA, its biggest market. Moreover, the vendor is stilling feeling the pullback in the Mini Notebook and Consumer space, while its upcoming tablets have yet to fill in the void. In the U.S., Acer also ceded its place to a surging Apple in the US
guffman
Aug 4, 11:46 AM
Is WWDC being shown in Apple Stores? I don't see any info on the apple.com/retail pages.
No its not. There will be live text coverage on MR, and their will be a video of the keynote on apple's site within a couple hours after it ends.
No its not. There will be live text coverage on MR, and their will be a video of the keynote on apple's site within a couple hours after it ends.
drummerdude1390
May 4, 10:49 PM
great plan
MrsNO
Mar 21, 03:39 PM
thank you for doing informatics a boy's thing.
sasquatch98
Aug 24, 12:32 PM
Inaccurate title it's not the whole laptop only batteries here is the link to apple's website for the recall. http://www.apple.com/support/batteryexchange/faq/

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 11, 05:13 PM
All this talk about what the main products are gonna be
I'm more excited about the 'one more thing...' to be honest, that is usually always the thing that bowls me over
I'm more excited about the 'one more thing...' to be honest, that is usually always the thing that bowls me over
thisisahughes
Mar 28, 10:02 PM
I don't mind Radio Shack for random overpriced cables in an emergency, but I would never buy anything else in there. The salespeople are just far too pushy and circle around you like vultures attracted to a rotting carcass.
+1 kudos.
+1 kudos.
louis Fashion
May 4, 09:55 PM
no thanks.
Agree. 3D is the Quadaphonic sound system of the 21st Century. Headaches, dizzyness, backaches, you name it - 3D brings it on.
Agree. 3D is the Quadaphonic sound system of the 21st Century. Headaches, dizzyness, backaches, you name it - 3D brings it on.
MacFly123
Apr 13, 06:30 PM
"However, this does not mean these other applications are dead - simply that Apple is not talking about them... yet."
So maybe this explains the low price point. $299 for Final Cut Pro X and $999 for the full suite? I hope not. All looks amazing though!
Dude, this software is simply INCREDIBLE!!! It is worth so much more than $999.00 it is not even funny! If they sell each separate for $299 or $999 for the whole suite then that is an awesome deal with more options for individual purchase than before. I CAN'T WAIT to see the rest of the suite especially the new Motion with Shake baked in :) I was a bit nervous that the other apps were dead so this is GREAT news!
I also think this is the end of Final Cut Express. It makes perfect sense. iMovie = Free, Final Cut Pro X = $299, or if you are a pro you will get the whole suite for the same $999 price as before. Simple and better deals all around for everyone!
So maybe this explains the low price point. $299 for Final Cut Pro X and $999 for the full suite? I hope not. All looks amazing though!
Dude, this software is simply INCREDIBLE!!! It is worth so much more than $999.00 it is not even funny! If they sell each separate for $299 or $999 for the whole suite then that is an awesome deal with more options for individual purchase than before. I CAN'T WAIT to see the rest of the suite especially the new Motion with Shake baked in :) I was a bit nervous that the other apps were dead so this is GREAT news!
I also think this is the end of Final Cut Express. It makes perfect sense. iMovie = Free, Final Cut Pro X = $299, or if you are a pro you will get the whole suite for the same $999 price as before. Simple and better deals all around for everyone!

EricNau
Oct 26, 07:09 PM
I've been very disappointed with these MacBooks. All of the problems I've had and all of the problems I've heard about have proven, in my opinion, that Apple's quality is no longer what it used to be.
Apple charges a nice premium for their machines, one which I am willing to pay, assuming I get a better quality computer, but I don't believe this is the case.
Apple's reluctance to replace problematic MacBooks just adds to the issue.
I would suggest that Apple implement some quality control for their MacBook line, but we all know what happens when they do. ;) :rolleyes:
Apple charges a nice premium for their machines, one which I am willing to pay, assuming I get a better quality computer, but I don't believe this is the case.
Apple's reluctance to replace problematic MacBooks just adds to the issue.
I would suggest that Apple implement some quality control for their MacBook line, but we all know what happens when they do. ;) :rolleyes:

vestigefilm
Nov 12, 03:49 PM
I don't understand why people complain about the closed nature of the app store. They usually point to the web as the alternate: a glorious world of completely open development where there is no Big Brother vindictively squashing would-be developers hopes and dreams.
Point taken, but let's be honest about the pros and cons of this panacea. Where do trojans, worms, and viruses live? On the web. DDoS attacks? Web. XSS? Web. Without any sort of approval, all of the good and the bad finds its way onto your devices. So yes, perhaps there are some good apps out there that were rejected by Apple. But that approval process keeps those 30+ million iPhones and iPod Touches humming along without data being corrupted or stolen (Rickrolling jailbroken iPhone worm notwithstanding. Again, once you go outside of this "overbearing" control-freak company, you're vulnerable).
Point taken, but let's be honest about the pros and cons of this panacea. Where do trojans, worms, and viruses live? On the web. DDoS attacks? Web. XSS? Web. Without any sort of approval, all of the good and the bad finds its way onto your devices. So yes, perhaps there are some good apps out there that were rejected by Apple. But that approval process keeps those 30+ million iPhones and iPod Touches humming along without data being corrupted or stolen (Rickrolling jailbroken iPhone worm notwithstanding. Again, once you go outside of this "overbearing" control-freak company, you're vulnerable).

calculus
Nov 27, 11:47 AM
My point is, the ping-pong effect, when it was used, was deliberate. It does sound strange now, but I remember when these albums came out people listened to them on headphones and thought the effect was cool.
I'm no Beatles historian by any means, but correct me if I'm wrong: weren't the first albums recorded in mono? The stereo versions were later, rather crude simulations of stereo, which is why they never made it to CD.
You are correct sir. I'd also agree with you that Rubber Soul and Revolver are the two best albums. They should not be interfered with.
I'm no Beatles historian by any means, but correct me if I'm wrong: weren't the first albums recorded in mono? The stereo versions were later, rather crude simulations of stereo, which is why they never made it to CD.
You are correct sir. I'd also agree with you that Rubber Soul and Revolver are the two best albums. They should not be interfered with.
Schtumple
Mar 1, 05:07 AM
Red Stop Button

very short hair cuts for lack
animenick65
Nov 8, 09:44 AM
Why take away the option now though? That makes no sense. And APPLE consumers are largely pro-sumers....at least thats who they market their products after.
EDIT: interesting..always thought there was an option on the macbook screen. NEVERMIND!
EDIT: interesting..always thought there was an option on the macbook screen. NEVERMIND!
vvebsta
Nov 3, 02:13 AM
Anyone here think the HTC Hero is pretty flippin sweet? does it run flash?
ps I'm an iPhone user
ps I'm an iPhone user
iStudentUK
Mar 18, 01:38 PM
I do think it is time to put the classic to rest. It was great in its day, but looks out of date now.
bassfingers
Apr 2, 08:50 PM
Opinions are good things huh....
The nokia n8 may be a fugly symbian^3 abomination, but the sensor combined with the carl zeiss optics produces some really nice photos, even in low light.
You can also use the hdmi out for flipping throuhg photos, and not just the fakin stupid slideshow like the hdmi adapter on the iphone4
Yeah, why get the iphone when there are things out there that take better pictures... Like, cameras. Yep, not ever getting an iphone because digital cameras take better pictures
The nokia n8 may be a fugly symbian^3 abomination, but the sensor combined with the carl zeiss optics produces some really nice photos, even in low light.
You can also use the hdmi out for flipping throuhg photos, and not just the fakin stupid slideshow like the hdmi adapter on the iphone4
Yeah, why get the iphone when there are things out there that take better pictures... Like, cameras. Yep, not ever getting an iphone because digital cameras take better pictures
lowbatteries
Apr 14, 10:56 AM
In the end, it is all marketing... which is the case with most of Apple's products. They have been selling PC hardware now for years at a higher price than their competitors. Windows 7 isn't any worse (or better) than MacOS for browsing the web or checking email..... so its not the OS that is influencing soccer moms and emo kids to buy Mac either.
ImAlwaysRight
Aug 24, 02:52 PM
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! It BURNS, it BURNS!
Oh, I thought I had an affected computer but don't. Was just practicing. :o
Nice for the thousands who have had no problems with their battery but get a new one after a year or more of use.
Ugh, this is going to give my PC-loving friends fuel for YEARS.
Bud, you've got enough fuel on PC folks for dozens of CENTURIES so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)
Oh, I thought I had an affected computer but don't. Was just practicing. :o
Nice for the thousands who have had no problems with their battery but get a new one after a year or more of use.
Ugh, this is going to give my PC-loving friends fuel for YEARS.
Bud, you've got enough fuel on PC folks for dozens of CENTURIES so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment